• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen What would you change about pokemon Dimond/Pearl/Platinum

AlphaMightyena

A Mightyena Fapper
Years
  • "... and put wifi terminal in diamond, theres no way im gonna buy another version of the same game just to get a few perks dammit D:<"

Thats what the third Version is Sopposed to do.

No more HM's in future Generations, Change all HM'S To tm's that only cost like 5,000 each.

More balanced types meaning i want at least 5 pokemon of every type (Exept for Dragons), They did that so you WOULD HAVE TO pick chimchar.

560cool.

An old timer?
    Years
  • Actually , speed and gameplay is better in Pt. . I'd say that for the 3D Graphics graphs WOULLD have been a LOT better . Nintendo ot stuck again , and put it all in HGSS like Lugia or Ho-oH Cutscenes .

kazeshini

Hoenn & Sinnoh master
    Years

• - Get rid of Bidoof.

you made my day.

they were annoying in pearl and are annoying in platinum, they are like rattata except its evolve form is abit useful.

and plz cant they make more fire pokemon and less grass and water pokemon.
    fire type fans like me feel alienated and have less of a choice i mean ponyta? useless.
    then i cant remember any other fire types until stark mountain.

Years
  • To start off I do agree with everyone as though some people are stating issues that were fixed in Platumin. Yet others they never were real issues just personal hates like Defog as an HM and yes it is worthless as one but still Flash doesn't work for Defog just so you all know. It makes it worse. Still Defog just needs to be a TM as well as Flash as a TM as Flash too serves no use in a battle besides annoy our friends as they can't land a tackle.

Also I quote.

...the Temple (or Religious Building) in Hearthome City to include some peaceful music

There is a reason as to why there is no music inside the "Church" (as it should be called) is because that is it a place of peace and quiet. To allow ones self to think without distractions and so forth. So music would ruin the feel of it. You see.

Now also the Department Store in Veilstone City was in fact increased in size in Platumin as it had a basement floor that sold: Berries, Poffins, and it claimed to sell Rare Candies but they sold out which SUCKED. Still it should have had more floors and more stuff to be sure but still we all can't beg for it. It is a Gameboy game after all. Not some Wii game...which would be cool.

GlitchCity

GlitchxCity
    Years
  • 1) have surf affect only the oppent and not your other team mate
    2)add a giant volcano (just for the heck of it)
    3)have some of the frontier brains from emerald to be in there
    4)make the surf theme not so sleepy
    5)more PP up's in the games
    6)not make the pokemon contests so complicated

Zelda

⍃⍍⍄ ⍃⍍⍄
    Years
    • Age 8
    • +
    • Seen Sep 15, 2020
    1) have surf affect only the oppent and not your other team mate
    2)add a giant volcano (just for the heck of it)
    3)have some of the frontier brains from emerald to be in there
    4)make the surf theme not so sleepy
    5)more PP up's in the games
    6)not make the pokemon contests so complicated

To tell you the truth, I actually enjoy the Pokémon Contests being harder. In the Hoenn region, you experienced the same contests in each three versions. Although this is just my two cents.

Anyways, for Diamond, Pearl and Platinum, I wouldn't say I had a problem with anything. I enjoyed playing all three games but I agree on the problem with surfing in Diamond and Pearl. It was time-consuming, but at least that was fixed upon in Platinum. Other than that, everything was alright for me.

Lord Varion

Guess who's back?
    Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Jan 6, 2015
    Get rid of Defog its useless(i mean comeon fog in a cave SAD!!! Get a torch)
    Replace it with dive as u can see underwater sometimes....!!!!
    More pokemon from hoeen ^_^

Dialga911

32 badge trainer
    Years
  • Diamond/Pearl:Faster Surfing speed, Make elite 4 get stronger at some point and have different team

Platinum-when the elite 4 level up give them pokemon from different regions,choose where to put the furniture in your villa

All three-REMOVE SUPER CONTESTS,2 daycares,more pokemon in amity square,battle with 1 random person on Wi-fi(like in PBR),wi-fi underground,bike underground,battle underground, no more DEFOG

Years
    • Seen May 24, 2015
    I wanna get rid of that annoying Bidoof...
    A battle with Charon, with his Pokemon, whatever that is...
    I want to breed the Legendary Pokemon!!!
    I also want to make a reject option for those trainers that want to battle...
    Put a wifi terminal in the D/P version...
    Get rid of all those HMs, except for surf and fly...
    Add more FIRE type pokemon!!!

Deja Vu

Smug Lord
    Years
    • Seen Jun 28, 2014
    Keep only the HM's that were in the original Blue/Red games for all of our sake. I don't think flash was really that bad but defog was just way overdoing it. And waterfall. How I hate that stupid move.

There's this other thing that really confused me is about the Veilstone store is that the rooftop plaza is, in fact, inside. There is no sky around, or at least the developers were too lazy to put any there.

Also, a battle with Charon would be nice. He seems like such a conceded smart alec character, and it would be fun to kick his scientific hiney.

Moltres111

<- Serious business.
    Years
  • My emulator Diamond was as slow as a minimum speed paralyzed -6 speed shuckle/munchlax holding an iron ball. END OF STORY. Gawd it was so annoying! That's what I found most annoying about Diamond. When I saw Platinum I was like "hallelujah they fixed it!"

thegeneticway

"He has kickin' powers"-Trixie
    Years
  • More Fog ;D
    More Battles.
    Lower the levels of the E4.
    More legendaries.
    Everstone Trick to work 100% of the time
    More Fire Pokemon
    More Water Pokemon
    More Grass Pokemon
    More Random Side Quests
    More Galactic Battles
    Less Bidoofs
    More Chanseys

That is all

Years
    • Seen Nov 19, 2009
    -More Pokemon from Johto.
    -Make the contests more balanced.
    -A chance to explore other regions like in GSP.

Maxedg8s

Revisiting...
    Years
    • Seen May 25, 2012
    Gah, for once I wish the game can extend to different regions after the elite four. -_-

Years
  • I would definitely change Sinnoh up and make it a bit more interesting. I honestly thought Sinnoh was kind of a let down, after playing through the beautiful Hoenn region. I would add more interesting areas and mix up the most boring routes.

One thing I did like about Sinnoh was the longer routes...

EDIT: How could I forget the above ground secret bases? Cooperating with friends on that made leveling up much easier.

Back