• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen What would you change about pokemon Dimond/Pearl/Platinum

Years
  • I was pleased with Platinum...I guess I'll add a change that's reasonable to any good game: extend the length of the game. More sidequests, Victory Road battles, VS. Seeker trainers gain more levels, etc..

BiZNicK

Stop looking at me.
    Years
  • More fire pokemon

Add more drama to the plot

Give Team _____ better pokemon, enough of the weak bug and poison pokemon...

More importantly, the thing I have always wanted in a pokemon game since R/B/Y......
    make pokemon cries sound just the way they do in the anime/movies (if a pokemon has never seen air time then make create a cry for them as if they would appear on tv). The random noise they make in the games is pretty lame.

I want to hear pikachu say PEEK AHHHHHH CHUU!!....not something like bzzzttwkerw

Zelda

⍃⍍⍄ ⍃⍍⍄
    Years
    • Age 8
    • +
    • Seen Sep 15, 2020
    More fire pokemon
    Add more drama to the plot

Give Team _____ better pokemon, enough of the weak bug and poison pokemon...

More importantly, the thing I have always wanted in a pokemon game since R/B/Y......
    make pokemon cries sound just the way they do in the anime/movies (if a pokemon has never seen air time then make create a cry for them as if they would appear on tv). The random noise they make in the games is pretty lame.

I want to hear pikachu say PEEK AHHHHHH CHUU!!....not something like bzzzttwkerw

^ I have to agree in the things I have put in bold. Having the pokémon make the noise they do in the anime would be pretty epic, but at first it would be awkward to hear them say their name in a battle. It wouldn't really be like the anime, [not so 3D] but it would be a cool thing to experience.

As for the fire pokémon, I strongly agree on this. There are so much more other types of pokémon than there is fire type pokémon. And what really bothers me when there is only so little fire type pokémon, is when you are trying to find one for a Wi-Fi team. You have to find a really good one and there are so little to choose from.

However I am hoping to see more progress with these things from the more generations to come.

BiZNicK

Stop looking at me.
    Years
  • ^ I have to agree in the things I have put in bold. Having the pokémon make the noise they do in the anime would be pretty epic, but at first it would be awkward to hear them say their name in a battle. It wouldn't really be like the anime, [not so 3D] but it would be a cool thing to experience.

As for the fire pokémon, I strongly agree on this. There are so much more other types of pokémon than there is fire type pokémon. And what really bothers me when there is only so little fire type pokémon, is when you are trying to find one for a Wi-Fi team. You have to find a really good one and there are so little to choose from.

However I am hoping to see more progress with these things from the more generations to come.

Like in the anime, some pokemon scream their name (pikachu, squirtle, turtwig, etc) and some just scream (Garchomp, most legendaries, Charizard)...so it would be a mix of the two for the game.
    ------

- Lower the frequency of encountering wild pokemon. Damn it's annoying going through a cave and every other step i have to battle. Sometimes I'll forget what direction i was going and where I just came from thanks to constant wild interruptions. Repels <3

Last edited:

Ochigi

Epic Bi Dude
    Years
    • Seen Oct 20, 2010
    Add more Team Galactic admins & FIX THE POKEDEX BACK TO 151!

Years
  • I think that they should've made the storyline a bit longer, interesting, and.... different. I mean come on, they already have done the Take Over the World With Legendaries. It makes everyone just wanna skip through it to get to the end.

Defog is practically useless. I didn't even find it through the whole game. Sure, I had a bit of trouble with that ONE ROUTE trying to get around, and got in A LOT of battles, but is that necessarily a bad thing?

And battles need to speed it up. I mean, you can read what's going on AS the battle is going, that's sorta the point of keeping them on the same screen, right? I couldn't play seriously... I'd be on the interwebs while playing in order to maintain my sanity :P

.Chocolate.

n_n no.
    Years
  • First of all I'd make Cynthia MUCH more harder just to annoy the hell out of everyone.
    ^Just kidding about that.;) But really, I wish she was more harder. I just like challenges.

Second, I'd make an evolution of Pachirisu, get rid of bidoof (they're getting really annoying), and make a new plot after beating the Elite Four. I mean it gets boring even with the Battle Tower. The new plot should be another world domination plan or the Galactic teams up with rocket or something.

Giratar

Oops.
    Years
  • Reduce the roster from 493 back to 386. 'Nuff said.
    AACK!!!! NOOOOO!!!! I like it at 493! Arceus is my favorite! And I'm very attached to Giratina, too. No, 493 is fine just the way it is. Reducing it would be horrible to me. *shudders*

...Now that I've got that out of my system, I would definitely change that annoying beeping noise. You know, the one that goes off when your HP gets into the red? It's downright too loud and annoying.

And Cynthia should be a bit more powerful. I mean honestly, despite the new Pokémon she has, I saw everything coming and beat her easily. Come on, could it kill them to make her Pokémon Lv.70 at the highest? D:

lucario072

Pokemon trainer
    Years
  • i wouldnt make the galactic grunts so pathetic
    i mean they practicaly invite you to follow them to disrupt their plans
    and of course more encounters
    Id like a wider variety of wild pokemon (i dont have platinum nor will i ever get it)
    other than that i dont have any other real problems but ill probably think up some more and edit my post

SIN1488

Dedicated FluoroCarbons :P
    Years
  • The Wi-Fi. It sucks. It should have an option where you can search opponents without friend codes, like Smash Bros. Brawl. Also, the bug in Platinum's GTS could be done without.

Yes this definitely! But I guess you can at least do that in pokemon battle revolution right? Oh and what bug in Platinums GTS??

I would make it so HM's just become TM's and aren't used outside of battle. Instead you would carry items in pokeball-like capsules. I mean come on, if you can fit a freakin Groudon into a little ball, you can also fit a speed boat in one too!

Years
  • I'd like to see all the HM's become...passive skills....like...as long as you've picked them up..ALL water pokemon can use it without taking up valuable move set space xD Because...well pretty much all of the moves are USELESS and FORCE you to carry a couple HM slaves around...which is especially annoying if you run into your rival and don't have your full team. I wish they made the battle frontier work like gyms but with unavoidable trainers .o.
    Less legendaries....I think they're useless...
    I just don't like using such a cheap pokemon...it kind of takes the fun out of leveling a pokemon up when it's overpowered like that.

Years
    • Seen Sep 7, 2023
    The GTS bug is only in the US versions of Platinum. It's fixed in the European and Australian releases. Incidentally, the Australian version is the best for English speakers, as it's in English, has a fixed GTS, and a working Game Corner. The Game Corner games aren't in the European versions, and the Japanese version is, well, in Japanese :P

empty streets

Ace trainer ★
    Years
  • Make Team Gallectic more challenging and evil. It's just not fun to fight them. And change their style... Their haircuts are just so bad.

Back