• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

2nd Gen What'd you name your rival?

Vyro

Master Douchelord
    Years
    • Seen Jun 8, 2014
    I call him Crapzilla...

funny name, right?

Years
    • Seen Sep 26, 2012
    Hm. In Crystal I think I named him Lee. (Or was that in Silver? I haven't fought him in a long time)

You can't name your rival in R/S/E. :P

Gelly

Don't eat me!
    Years
    I named him morre (die in portuguese) at the blue, but now i call him cheese.

And the last time he was ♂♂, but it was in red.

Tangerine Fox

82% Non-Toxic
    Years
    I don't remember them all, but I think in my Blue version I named my rival after a coworker I heard my Dad complaining about. I should go find the cartridge and find out. I forget what my Yellow version rival was named...I think I restarted and named him Green, though. In GSC, I forget what their first names were, but now all of them are Silver since I restarted them. Viva.

Years
    • Seen Jun 30, 2014
    Anyone named JARED has got to be an annoyance...JAREDO if I felt like being elegant.

Years
    • Seen Jan 12, 2010
    Ive allways named my rival gary for some reason I just liked him as a rival in the show

dragpyre

The Brother's Fight For Hell
    Years
    i did call him gary in R/B/Y

but at one point i called him something begginning with a S and ending in a D, which i am not allowed to post

sonicisrad

^ Yes he is. ^
    Years
    I usually call him Jackie, 'cuz it's a Male & Female name and when I first played Gold, I wasn't sure whether or not he was a Dude or a Dudess, s I called him Jackie, and it has stuck.

I used to think that too.

Nowadays, I call him Douche, because of the Super Effective comic strips (Number 2)
    (google it)

Ahaha, Smooth as matey.

Haha, that is awesome.

My new Gold Game will have Douche in it now, Kudos mate, Kudos.

*~Frost Umbreon~*

TURN OFF YOUR ORPHANS.
    Years
    In my current Silver, I went along with the Earthbound thing, and in my new Crystal, I think I named him ******* or something.

In LeafGreen, I was an idiot and named him LOLN00B.

Last edited:

Candace

Beauty Trainer
    Years
    Oh man... so many years ago. I was like 13 or 14 at the time. What could I have named him? Heck, I don't even remember what he looked like. It might've been "Alex", I think. I'm not 100% sure, though. Silver seems FAR away today

About 10 years ago when I played Red I named my rival Gary. Simply because of the choises

WaterSplash

Common
    Years
    I named my rival in Yellow and Leaf Green Corey, after an annoying kid who was my friend but then we had some stupid argument and we weren't.

Named him Rex in Gold and Crystal after a guy who bullied me in middle school (seemed to fit the way they covered his name with ???. ???=Rex. :P)

And in Diamond I named him Kyle after a guy who stole the girl I liked.

Back