• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Whats Bands Do You Like?

deathcase

Self-Proclaimed Genious
Years
    • Seen May 14, 2010
    i'll just post some of my favourites, becasue the list could go on forever.

as i lay dying, avenged sevenfold, shinedown, rammstein, never shout never, the cliks, atreyu.. but the band that means the most to me is my chemical romance. they will always be number one.

Okami Chi

El Guitar Man~
    Years
  • I'll just give my top 10:

1. Muse
    2. Red Hot Chille Peppers
    3. Death Cab For Cutie/Postal Service
    4. Radio Head
    5. She Wants Revenge
    6. Chiodos
    7. Escape the Fate
    8. Secret and Whisper
    9. Circa Survive
    10. ATTACK ATTACK!

Haza

☆A Life of Pokémon and Beyoncé ☆
    Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen Oct 1, 2021
    The Gorillaz (Even though they are not REALLY a band, the characters are though XD)
    Black Eyed Peas
    Hoobastank
    Linkin Park

Ian Watkins

^Is a total tart. X3
    Years
    • Seen Nov 20, 2014
    I like quite alot of bands, but some are lostprophets, 30STM, My Chemical Romance, Guns N roses, Aerosmith, ACDC, Slipknot, Shinedown, BFMV, A7X an that is jut a small part :3

Years
    • Seen yesterday
    It's pretty easy to pick off some bands you like, I'll try to go through a nice variety. I guess a band that has always been fuel to my metaphorical musical fire has been the aforementioned and ever popular Linkin Park. I grew up listening to their albums Hybrid Theory and Meteora, I started to let my interest in their music fade out after what must be drawing near a couple hundred listens to the albums I just mentioned as well as the follow up album 'Minutes to Midnight' which was so unlike their genre it put me off. It had some decent songs but for the most part it wasn't a solid album. I guess they were the foundation for the bands in which i proceeded to listen to.
    I began to divulge into heavier music, being the distressed teen i was, it helped me to calm down and unwind. So I suppose I started to listen to a lot of Machine Head, the older stuff primarily, I did buy 'The Blackening' which is a fantastic album and probably their strongest. I haven't listened to them so much since but another band which struck me much like they did is Slipknot. Metallica and Iron Maiden also have a big spot in my metal genre interest.
    Though aside from that, I've listened to a variety of music. I enjoy some easy listening, Damien Rice and David Gray being two artists that have put me to sleep on countless occasions. Some of the more mainstream radio friendly artists I listen to would be Paramore and 30 Seconds to Mars. Paramore would be nothing without their frontwoman Hayley williams due to her fantastic vocals. As for 30stm, there's something so contemporary about their music that it draws me. I listen to the latest album 'This is War' pretty much on repeat some days.
    I've begun to listen to Breaking Benjamin and Five Finger Death Punch frequently lately also.

Cold Fusion

When you laugh, you gain luck.
    Years
  • I think everyone that has a list that could continue for a just a little while when it comes to music.

Like Abnegation, I grew up listening to Linkin Park. My way was from my family playing it loud whenever they pleased. Because of it I grew up liking them quite a lot and still now frequently listen to Linkin Park. Though most are influenced by sticking to liking a tight genere group type of music, in my house you'd get a suprise after the constant change of music types. Eventually (after my resfusal to believe I would not like music ever) I started to look around for other types of music, finding Paramore and easily liking the band. Though if there wasn't Hayley's extremely wonderful vocals for the band, Paramore wouldn't be as popular as it is.

For some time in between all of this, I had been listening to ATC which was suggested to me by the one and only mother of my family, and started to listen to them more frequently. I also had become a Three Days Grace fan because of my two brother's playing their wrestling game and me saying "Hey, this song is awesome" and eventually started with YouTube to find other songs. I also did this with Sick Puppies this year. After a while my elder sister started to suggest bands for me to go and listen to espically Aly and Aj which at first I didn't really like, but at the time I was sharing bedrooms with her and she kept playing it eventually coming down to me liking them.

This year is the probably the most active year for my music activity as I actually started to try and listen to suggestions that people have given me. Like with Alexithymia~ (my PokeCommunity sister) when she suggested to listen to Amberlin, which I like some of the songs too, not all of them, but they are a pretty good band all the same. I was also told to try and listen to Owl City from my sister which I have gotton into. For the rest of the bands I like I have either stumbled on while on YouTube, aka, Shinedown, 3 Doors Down, and Cascada, or, I have heard at school and have liked then started to listen to them constantly like: Jay Sean, Taylor Swift, and Kelly Clarkson.

I have begun to like some of Kill Hannah songs and Fall Out Boy, though again like with Anberlin, not all of them.

Last edited:

PlatniumPiano

You are now breathing manually
    Years
  • Eh I like half a million but the ones that I admire the most probably go on this list:

1. Led Zeppelin=Gods
    2. Born of Osiris (Great tech death with sick keys!)
    3. Amon Amarth (They look like vikings!)
    4. Wintersun (Not popular, but if you like folk/melodeath LOOK THEM UP)
    5. Rush (Reason why Canada won the olympic bid)
    6. Tool (Danny Carey!)
    7. The Devil Wears Prada (One of the only screamo bands I like nowdays...)
    8. Winds of Plague (Too bad Kristen left)
    9. Linkin Park (Lost interest after Meteora)
    10. Necrophagist (No human can write that music)

I like way to many to list. But as a musician I prefer a lot of complex/progressive bands. Keeps my intrest rather than three-chord strumming.

Years
  • I don't really listen to bands as much as solo artists, but i would say Gorillaz and The Jimi Hendrix Experience

Giraffes? Giraffes!

ラヴィ・ヘッド
    Years
  • Adorable, The Beatles, Buckethead, Cross my Heart, Andrew Jackson Jihad, John Williams, Polak, Neutral Milk Hotel, Godspeed You! Black Emperor are some of my favorites ;3

Left4Dead

Are you mental in the face?
    Years
  • I could name literally hundreds of bands I like as I've got 1,200+ albums on my laptop lol but some of my favourites are:

- Arctic Monkeys
    - The Beatles
    - Biffy Clyro
    - Tenacious D
    - The Verve
    - Snow Patrol
    - Muse
    - Oasis
    - Cage The Elephant
    - Foo Fighters
    - Flornece + the Machine
    - Franz Ferdinand
    - Glasvegas
    - The Fratellis
    - Kasabian
    - RHCP
    - Kings of Leon
    - Reverand and The Makers
    - Green day
    - Fall out Boy
    - Buck Cherry
    - Cold War Kids
    - Gorrilaz
    - Hard-Fi
    - The Killers
    and loads more lol

TheGearofWar

RAAM Assassin
    Years
    • Seen Jun 14, 2010
    AC/DC
    Aerosmith
    Billy Squier
    Black Sabbath
    Foghat
    Led Zeppelin
    Ted Nugent
    Ozzy Osbourne
    Queen
    The Beatles
    Van Halen
    White Rabbits
    ZZ Top

Rock on, babyyy

xPsychosocial

A girl with kaleidoscope eyes.
    Years
  • I actually like quite a few bands so I'll just name my overall favourites:
    Green Day
    Queen
    Slipknot
    System of a Down
    Guns N Roses
    The Rolling Stones.
    The Beatles.

Dukey

oh.my.gaskarth.
    Years
  • I don't have the largest variety in music out there but yeah xD
    I listen to some Fall Out Boy, All Time Low, The Cab, Forever the Sickest Kids, nevershoutnever!, Death Cab for Cutie, New Found Glory, Cobra Starship, Breathe Carolina, Panic! at the Disco, The Academy Is..., Owl City, The Friday Night Boys & Every Avenue.

I guess that'd give you an idea, if you actually cared at all xD

Years
    • Seen Aug 2, 2021
    I like Sigur Rós, XTC, The Who, The Cure, and plenty of others I can't think of at the moment. Strictly speaking though, a lot of my favorite musicians are singer/songwriters, solo artists, or without permanent band members.

I'm obviously not from the same planet as everyone who posted above me.

Yeah man, I feel you. I really dig Sigur Ros in particular. Seems like PC tends to unanimously listen to moody pop/rock and emo variants. And as much as I dig rock, its not the end all be all, get me? I gotta load of favorite bands that I won't bother listing but one favorite right now is the classic A Tribe Called Quest. Do it up.

Years
    • Seen Jun 14, 2014
    Sonata Arctica, Gamma Ray, Metallica, Led Zeppelin, Guns 'N' Roses and just some random 60's and 70's hit songs.

Years
  • The Dresden Dolls / Amanda Palmer (to the point of stalker-like obsession)
    Evelyn Evelyn (which technically could be added to the grouping above, but I prefer to think of it in a naive way, THEYRE REAL DAMMIT)
    Belle and Sebastian
    Rilo Kiley
    Lacuna Coil
    Nightwish
    Apocalyptica
    Rasputina
    Regina Spektor
    St Vincent
    World/Inferno Friendship Society
    Yo La Tengo

And yes I do realise that some of those arent 'bands' but eh...

Back