• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Whats Bands Do You Like?

Silver

Kyle
Years
  • Ooh. This is hard.
    Lupe Fiasco
    Atmosphere
    Streetlight Manifesto
    Reel Big Fish
    The Roots
    Red Hot Chili Pepers.
    And pretty much everything else in my iTunes library.

Years
  • Streetlight manifesto is my favorite band ever.

I love a lot of genres. Ska, Dubstep, Reggae, Rap, Hip-Hop, Soul, Doo-wop, Funk, Jazz and some rock.

@silver: I love your taste in music ^_^.

Silver

Kyle
    Years
  • Streetlight manifesto is my favorite band ever.

I love a lot of genres. Ska, Dubstep, Reggae, Rap, Hip-Hop, Soul, Doo-wop, Funk, Jazz and some rock.

@silver: I love your taste in music ^_^.

Thank you thank you. Just going by your genre's we've got a bunch in common. Mainly cause I'll listen to anything that's good. Except crappy mainstream rap, gives good hip-hop a bad rep. It can go die in a fire.

Years
    • Seen Mar 4, 2012
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wbGIRJsFf-Q
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uI0-Q4Ub21w
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CNwQ2UeV3ec
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tXvMJ2UF4RM
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PzoiTk6oSKw

3 doors down, santana, rolling stones, owl city, nevershoutnever!, michael franti, matt nathanson, maroon 5, landon pigg, kid rock, keith urban, john mayer, john lennon, jason castro, hoobastank, hinder, GLEE!, fuel, flipsyde, thefastestkidalive, eminem, del amitri, david cook, dan black, counting crows, copel...and, colbie caillat, chasen, cage the elephant, black moth super rainbow, augustana, acdc

the vids are songs that stick out in my mind
    and the names are the people that i have entire diskography in my itunes

Years
  • Thank you thank you. Just going by your genre's we've got a bunch in common. Mainly cause I'll listen to anything that's good. Except crappy mainstream rap, gives good hip-hop a bad rep. It can go die in a fire.

Mhm I agree. Mainstream rap now a days is pretty terrible. And i listen to just about anything as well :P.

I HEART MEGA HITT

ruuuki ♥
    Years
  • Mine are mostly japanese/visual kei but... sure. XD

1. HITT
    2. Asian kungfu Generation
    3. Alice Nine
    4. LM.C
    5. Gackt
    6. L'arc~en~Ciel
    8. TM Revolution/Abingdon Boys School
    9. The Gazette
    10. HIGH and MIGHTY COLOR
    11. Orange Range

...and of course there are more that I'm sure will come to me later. :3

Years
    • Seen May 29, 2010
    Notable bands I like (with songs) are:

Spoiler:

But My favorite is Three Days Grace
    Animal I have Become
    Pain
    Riot
    Gone Forever
    The Good Life
    I Hate Everything about You
    Now or Never
    Break
    Never Too Late
    One-X
    Time of Dying
    Home
    Let it Die
    Home
    Just Like You
    Bully
    Bitter Taste
    Burn
    Citizen Soldier
    Cold
    Drown
    Don't Care
    Evil Angel
    Zombie
    You're Going Down

RuRuBell

Beeef
    Years
  • I'm a huge capsule fan. love them like crazy, specifically their older stuff. ♥

Also like Broadcast, Boards of Canada, Lhasa de Sela, KOOP, Royskopp, Blonde Redhead, Javad Maroufi...

Though lately I've been listening to a lot of Vocaloid/Utauloid songs.

Years
    • Seen Jul 27, 2010
    Chicago (pre-power ballad days preferably), Beach Boys. Meat Loaf (just got his latest). Eagles (though there are gaps in the "colloection"). Toto (some gaps!). Not sure about more modern music though I like most types.

I bought a CD by Rebekah Ryan on the strength of a Charmed episode. Never seen anything else by her.

I once bought a CD by an obsure UK band called England. I really liked the album and eventually managed to get a CD version. Never managed to obtain any of their other stuff though.

I always did go for the obscure stuff way back when! Syndicate of Sound (I have all their UK releases) plus CD version. Every Mothers Son (UK releases + CD) and some even more obscure stuff (which I would get on CD given a chance).

Years
    • Seen Jul 3, 2010
    Punk. That's it. None of that horrible Green Day fake punk or whatever mainstream media considers punk. The real stuff.

Black Flag, Minor Threat, Bad Religion, Pre-1983 Misfits, Dead Kennedys(only with Jello Biafra), The Casualties, The Unseen, Crass, The Cramps, AFI when they weren't ******( Answer That and Stay Fashionable, Very Proud of Ya, Shut your mouth and open your eyes), Blitzkid, Charged G.B.H. The Exploited, Fear, the Germs, Leftover Crack, NOFX, Ramones, Sex Pistols, Reagan Youth, early Rancid, the Subhumans, ect.

PuNkSter

Typhlosion is on fire!
    Years
  • Punk. That's it. None of that horrible Green Day fake punk or whatever mainstream media considers punk. The real stuff.

Black Flag, Minor Threat, Bad Religion, Pre-1983 Misfits, Dead Kennedys(only with Jello Biafra), The Casualties, The Unseen, Crass, The Cramps, AFI when they weren't ******( Answer That and Stay Fashionable, Very Proud of Ya, Shut your mouth and open your eyes), Blitzkid, Charged G.B.H. The Exploited, Fear, the Germs, Leftover Crack, NOFX, Ramones, Sex Pistols, Reagan Youth, early Rancid, the Subhumans, ect.

That's cool. I like punk too. lol I was kind of laughing when you said "AFI when they weren't....." AFI's early days are enjoyable to listen, but their best is Black Sails In the Sunset and The Art of Drowning. People have different opinions of AFI because their discography is so diverse. It's good to see a fellow AFI fan. (old or new)

Years
    • Seen Jul 3, 2010
    Heh, I can't even get past the first three albums honestly. They moved way too into the mainstream rock category, kinda just blended in. :/ It's not even Punk anymore past those first few albums. They even said that in an interview, they comdemned those albums as "unlistenable"

Years
  • AFI!!! and I have a whole bunch of favs which include, Fugazi, Bad Religion, Strung Out, Kid Dynamite, Rites of Spring, Propagandhi. yeah don`t think anyone else here listens to these bands.

I listen to Fugazi, Bad Religion and Rites of Spring. But never heard of the rest except Propagandhi.

The thing I don't like about punk is that people always fight about what punk really is, and some say it's one thing, then the other. It's a really divided fanbase, and I dislike it those kind of fanbases.

Last edited:

PuNkSter

Typhlosion is on fire!
    Years
  • Heh, I can't even get past the first three albums honestly. They moved way too into the mainstream rock category, kinda just blended in. :/ It's not even Punk anymore past those first few albums. They even said that in an interview, they comdemned those albums as "unlistenable"

They changed their sound. The first 3 albums were hardcore punk. They eventually took a different path with the next 2 albums then went mainstream. I know what your saying but that's what I like about them, AFI is a diverse band. Each album(except the first 2) sound different.

Back