• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

What's going to happen to Crys?

Years
    • Seen Apr 1, 2024
    well, I feel sorry that she won't be in the game, but because there probably won't be a crystal remake, its highly understandable that she would be replaced

Years
    • Seen Dec 21, 2010
    Ah, so I wasn't the only one who thought Blue looked much more sexier in her previous outfit. -shot-

Anyway. I agree, Mika, there probably would have been. In all honesty, when I learned there would be a FR/LG arc, I thought they would have replaced Red-he looked NOTHING like the hero in the game. But they didn't, so I'm sticking with Crys not being replaced. (Or I pray that she doesn't)

I suppose that's true. But I still hate it. >.<
    To tell you the true if I had known about Pokemon Special back then let alone have known about the FRLG arc back than I would have thought something similar myself since it was the first arc based off a Pokemon game remake that has been attempted. It was only after the FRLG arc started that I read the summarys of the chapter and it was not until a couple years later I read the actual chapters.

well, I feel sorry that she won't be in the game, but because there probably won't be a crystal remake, its highly understandable that she would be replaced

I do not mean to be hostile but there is already a section in the game section that talks discussion of and I do not want have a debate about anything concern the game canon. We are suppose to be discussing about 'What going to happen to Crys?' meaning the Pokemon Special character.

Last edited:

Clover Cat

Child of Gold and Crystal
    Years
  • Okay, so assuming that she'll stay in (And I sincerely hope that she does) what kind of role would Crystal play in the manga? I mean, the only thing I can imagine her doing is catching Pokemon, and she's already finished the Johto Pokedex. The recent scans revealed that Eusine and the 3 legendary dogs will be back, so maybe she could meet up with Suicune again?

pong08

Black & White... don't fail me
    Years
  • Btw, is it just me or did anybody think about what Ruby might think about Crystal's possible new clothes?

Oh man, this would make such a great fanfic comedy lol.

RubyJB88

The Runway Trainer
    Years
  • Hmm, I don't know what Ruby would think about that. Since she is a senior to him it would look pretty awkward.

Years
    • Seen Dec 21, 2010
    will admit I first saw the clothes I did think they looked strange, but overtime I began to like them and I learn that it is a popular fashion style in Japan and even then I thought that it was a possiblity that Crystal would wear the clothes in the beginning when I saw them. I mean many fans of Pokemon Special wanted Gold, Silver, and Crystal they have yet to change their outfits and wanted another arc dedicated to them, but now as soon as the character designs some people think that the HGSS female character outfit looks horrible and does not want Crys to wear those clothes because of their really dislike the outfit and they think that since the ingame rival has a new hairstyle people do not want Silver to get that hairstyle becaue they say it look awful. I mean people have to learn that our opinion on the outfits does not matter and the author will most likely Crystal in those clothes whether we like it or not. I mean in some country people where clothes that look strange to us and sometime we talk the clothing they where because it looks exotic, some poeple even eat what we tend to think is nasty, or some people believes might seem strange to us. Just because certain individual from another country think a certain style of clothing 'horrible', 'tacky' or 'childish' does not mean that everyone else in the world does.

Last edited:

Clover Cat

Years
  • Actually, the only people who seem to have issues with the outfit are people that don't live in Japan. I've read several Japanese blogs to see what their opinions were on the outfit, and there isn't a single one that even minorly dislikes the outfit. Some people do say that they don't think Crys would wear it (Based on her personality) but they don't mind the outfit itself. A lot of people actually said they thought it looked cute. ^^

Aaanyway. Ruby shouldn't be allowed to see the outfit until after the first few chapters. Hohoho~XD *Shot*

pong08

Black & White... don't fail me
    Years
  • Believe it or not, I'm actually getting used to the outfit, and when I saw the soulsilver intro, the cameo looke quite attractive. (I can't believe I'm actually saying this)

Years
    • Seen Dec 21, 2010
    Actually, the only people who seem to have issues with the outfit are people that don't live in Japan. I've read several Japanese blogs to see what their opinions were on the outfit, and there isn't a single one that even minorly dislikes the outfit. Some people do say that they don't think Crys would wear it (Based on her personality) but they don't mind the outfit itself. A lot of people actually said they thought it looked cute. ^^

Aaanyway. Ruby shouldn't be allowed to see the outfit until after the first few chapters. Hohoho~XD *Shot*
    It is not like Crystal is a tomboy. I mean wearing that outfit does not mean that the girl is girly girl. I wear stuff to make myself look pretty but I am not a girly girl. Also I think if she received it as a gift from Emerald she would be willing to accept. In my opinion I think Blue had a new outfit that did not go well with her personality and she still wore it.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Dec 21, 2010
    It seems like you just ignored what we have post on Japan's view of the outfit so it would not be seen as 'retarded' to Japanese viewers though some cannot picture her wearing it do to her personality. Not that I say she could not wear the outfit.

By the way I view the discussion on serebii similar to this and the people are still using that since Crys has blue hair that she cannot where the outfit despite the fact that Coronis explained on the first page that she had brown hair. They also said some other things that made me furious, but I do not want to get into it.

Last edited:

Clover Cat

Years
  • The blue/brown hair thing is attracting attention from people because it's the most obvious change in the characters. Even though there have already been several reasons laid down as to WHY that isn't a liable excuse at this point. >.>

Mika555 said:
    It is not like Crystal is a tomboy. I mean wearing that outfit does not mean that the girl is girly girl I wear stuff to make myself look pretty but I am not a girly girl. Also I think if she received it as a gift from Emerald she would be willing to accept the girls. Also Blue had a new outfit that did not go well with her personality and she still wore it.
    Yes, but in terms of style, some people don't think Crys would wear it based on what she wore before. And the Blue outfit thing depends on people's opinions. Honestly, I think it looked okay on her, but I liked her previous outfit better.

Years
    • Seen Dec 21, 2010
    Yes, but in terms of style, some people don't think Crys would wear it based on what she wore before. And the Blue outfit thing depends on people's opinions. Honestly, I think it looked okay on her, but I liked her previous outfit better.

I know what you are saying, though I know what you are trying to say about the style but I would just making a comment. I did not say that I did not like Blue's new outfit I actually do like it as well, but I should have said that in my opinion it did not go with her personality. Though Crystal is athlete and is a research and most people would not expect an athlete person to be interesting in anything related to science, medicine. You probably know do not have to be very smart to be interested in science, medicine, and technology. I would not say that the it technially goes with her personality though I think she can possibly still wear it. Now to come and think about it if Crys was a tomboy it would not be impossible to get a makeover. I mean I know some girl who were not tomboys at first and became tomboys and then stop being a tomboy after a couple of years.

Last edited:

Clover Cat

Years
  • I know what you are saying, though I know what you are trying to say about the style but I would just making a comment. I did not say that I did not like Blue's new outfit I actually do like it as well, but I should have said that in my opinion it did not go with her personality. Though Crystal is athlete and is a research and most people would not expect an athlete person to be interesting in anything related to science, medicine. You probably know do not have to be very smart to be interested in science, medicine, and technology. I would not say that the it technially goes with her personality though I think she can possibly still wear it. Now to come and think about it if Crys was a tomboy it would not be impossible to get a makeover. I mean I know some girl who were not tomboys at first and became tomboys and then stop being a tomboy after a couple of years.
    I know you liked Blue's outfit before--you posted so. I was just pointing out that it depended on people's opinions. But that's enough of off topicness.

I don't think I ever said that I thought Crys was a tomboy. I just said that she probably wouldn't wear it for the reason I stated earlier. And she wasn't really a tomboy to begin with--To heck with it, for her first appearance in the manga, she was wearing a skirt, which she continues to wear when she's not battling or capturing Pokemon. So this outfit isn't really her style, but there's always a possibility she could wear it. *Points at Sapphire's various outfits* If she's not a tomboy, then I don't know what is.

balkj06

Pokemon Kanto
    Years
    • Seen Mar 14, 2015
    Well, Crys is the catcher so she may be in Shinnoh and in the d/p/pt serires and not HGSS

Years
    • Seen Dec 21, 2010
    I would think that Crystal would make an appearance in the HGSS arc to personify that some of the additions from Pokemon Crystal were in the Pokemon Gold and Silver remakes just like some of the additions from Pokemon Blue, (though there were little) were in the Pokemon Red and Green remakes. Not saying that she could not appear in the Platinum arc though, but I am saying that she will most likely make an appearance and play a major role in the HGSS arc.

Last edited:
    Back