• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

What's important to you when buying a phone?

FlameChrome

[color=#7fffd4]IDK what to put here[/color]
Years
I'll ask the same question for you. Have you used an iPhone device for a trial period of time?

I used my mom iphone a tiny bit every once in awhile, hated it. Does an Ipod Touch count? Since they are very similar, if so i used it very often, didnt like it that much. Great as a music player, but never motivated me to get an Iphone

I had an Android tablet. I'm used to iPhone and its unlaggy and simple menu structure, and got confused in the tablet's several layers of menus and screens. I don't feel a need to switch to Android, and I really like everything about the iPhone so I'm content :)

By curious, what version of android did it have? because the structure has gotten much more simplier with 6.0 and later

Cherrim

PSA: Blossom Shower theme is BACK ♥
Years
Brand for me, usually. I can't remember how I picked my first smartphone, but it was an HTC Desire and I absolutely loved it. It was a year or so old by then so it wasn't amazing, but the Sense UI layer over the OS was so pretty and it just looked way better than any other Android phones I'd seen. So when it came time to replace it a few years later, I picked HTC again. And again, when it became time to replace that phone.

Eventually HTC phones were getting a bit bloated and I resolved I would finally jump ship with my next purchase. By then, the Pixel was getting rave reviews so I figured I'd get the rumoured upgrade and... lo and behold, turns out the base model (aka only size I could comfortably use, since XL is too big) was actually manufactured and handled by HTC. So I guess I stuck around through and through, in a way. 😅

I tend to go for higher end phones because I usually only replace them once every 3-4 years and I use my phones very heavily so they have to be able to put up with any apps/games I throw at them even years later. So I pay a lot and HTC tended to have rather premium offerings.

Last edited:

Pig

Angry ecologist
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Jul 16, 2023
Another thread for a huge phone nerd like me!
Seriously, I used to want to design phones.

Anyway!

1. OS is the big one, I only use Android right now but I'm interested in looking at alternatives.
2. RAM. I'd say RAM AND storage, but my phone has 60 gigs and I only use 15 of them. For a while I'm pretty sure my phone had better RAM than my computer did until I started PC gaming for real and started custom-building. I can't handle it when a touch screen starts to lag.
3. Presence of an aux cord. Seriously. Where are they going, and WHY? Most of my phone's usage is listening to music in the car, and I have never had good experiences trying to use bluetooth, for like, anything.
4. Camera resolution, the better, the better.
5. Screen resolution, mostly for reasons number 2 and 4 related, I can't stand when things look like hell.

Back