• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Whats next for pokemon?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hall Of Famer

Born as Hall of Famer
    Years
    If only there's a Pokemon Video game that features all the regions of the entire Pokemon world ---- Kanto, Johto, Hoenn, Sinnoh and the future new region and make all the Pokemon available to capture...

Well, I do know it's not possible for Nintendo to do that so I'm making one. Please check the fan game Pokemon HOF, a project to bring all the known pokemon regions together in one game!

BeachBoy

S P A R K of madness
    Years
    I'd like more difficulty in the next Pokémon games. I think they have been getting progressively easier and easier. I still play them no matter how easy they are, but that's because I enjoy the 'aftergame'- I'd like to enjoy the game before I finish it too, and I need at least some challenge to be able to do that.

Why does Devi always know what I'm about to say. ._.; ...odd.

Agreed, the level rate needs to be at least ramped up. With the possibility at the beginning to select from the standard; Easy, Normal, Hard options. I'd would love such an addition.

I wouldn't mind something that strays away from the same regurgitating storyline either, we all know what it is, with name changes each go around. So, yeah, it'd be nice to seem some change in that area.

World King

Twilight Silver Beast
    Years
    Why does Devi always know what I'm about to say. ._.; ...odd.

Agreed, the level rate needs to be at least ramped up. With the possibility at the beginning to select from the standard; Easy, Normal, Hard options. I'd would love such an addition.

I wouldn't mind something that strays away from the same regurgitating storyline either, we all know what it is, with name changes each go around. So, yeah, it'd be nice to seem some change in that area.
    Now that's odd...

You know, that wouldn't be such a bad idea... that, or that the first Pokémon Trainers you face don't use Pokémon lv.5 or lower. They could have Higher-leveled Pokémon, so you have to train yours harder.

Or, seems the story's always about an Evil Team looking for (a) Powerful Pokémon, how about for once they actually succeed, and you have to stop that new Superpowerful Pokémon, for an even Harder Challenge?

Johnnyboi

Street Pokéster
    Years
    Really great thread guys! I would like to see a big stepup for the next Pokémon games on the DS, they are barely using the DS's capabilities. Give it FF 3D like stuff.
    And also, a full 3D RPG with Johto and Hoenn on the Wii would be IMBA. (Since we can't visit those right now in the 4:Th gen) We could have online tournaments on the Wii game, like the indigo league in the anime.

FinalPaladin

役 フロンティア
    Years
    oh talking about the ds capabilitys i think if u choose a pokeball u should have 2 use the stylus to through the pokeball

Ikwaylx

Man with 10000 pronounciations
    Years
    HERE COMES A WALL OF TEXT!

On the topic of the 3-D idea, I think that it could work really well. Pokemon XD and Colleseum both worked in the 3-D aspect; although it failed in catching pokemon. There wasn't enough to do for the storyline of Colleseum or XD in the end.
    If they create a Pokemon game in full 3-D, with the original backbone it has, it'll survive the transition with flying colours. Critics do say that the newer main games show little difference to their predecessors, meaning by that from the Gym Leader aspect, evil team and Elite Four. So, what I'd also like to see is a more skewed storyline.
    There should still be gym leaders, of course, but they shouldn't be a main aspect anymore. The main goal is to stop the evil in the world. This can lead to better character development, more engaging storyline and a fresh pine scent to the Pokemon Franchise.
    Oh, there's something I've mentioned before in some threads, but I think the next legendary will have something to do with human relations with Pokemon, or the ancestor of humans altogether. However, that may cause controversy (Or a Pokereligion. =P) I mean, Humans are never confirmed as Pokemon in the Pokemon universe even though that's the logical answer, so why are they there?

One thing that would be cool, is it revamp the Generation 1 and 2 battle cries. I'm not talking about changing them outright, they'll still sound the same, but they'll have less fuzz to them. They'll use the same digital program the '5th' gen will use, but will be structured the same way. The only real difference would be the way the sound effect sounds.
    What do you think of that idea?

TL;DR version: Let's focus the storyline on destroying the villains. Oh, and revamp the generation 1 and 2 battle cries to reduce digital fuzz.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back