• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

5th Gen What's N's real name?

pokewalker

If it ain't Dutch,it ain'tmuch
    Years
    I think it isn't only N, because in a recent interview with GF masuda mentioned that N's full name was going to be revealed in the third game, and he sais there are hints in the game for his full name.

fenyx4

HOENN CONFIRMED!
    Years
    I thought N's name could be Nero (Italian for "black"; also means "skilled"), but that doesn't leave room for "white" or "gray" in the meaning. Just "N" seems much more cryptic, not to mention that it's up to interpretation for the player.

Some additional meanings that the simple name of "N" provides:

Spoiler:

If they didn't want the villains' names to be hard to pronounce, then why it the one guy named Ghetsis? x3 I find that hard to pronounce.

Get. Siss. Isn't that it? XD The only other way of speaking it I could see is pronouncing "Ghet" as "Jet", but it seems pretty straightforward...

Nero Charles Blaine William Randolph Austin Martin Quincy Oliver Lloyd IV
    Yeah, I'm pretty sure his name is just N. That's his full name. "N Harmonia".

Where are people getting the "Harmonia" surname from? Or the rumored "North" first/given name? :cer_confused:

I think it isn't only N, because in a recent interview with GF masuda mentioned that N's full name was going to be revealed in the third game, and he sais there are hints in the game for his full name.

Link, please? If that's the case, I'm avoiding Gray Version spoilers like crazy. @_@

Alf Stewart

Champion
    Years
    Nugent Harmonia! That's his name, I found it out, I have decipherd his name, N is from Nuvema Town, He is also a gent, or we could do it this way the trainer class Gentleman see the green highlited letters, Nu and gent or Gentleman, Nugent Harmonia!
    Harmonia sounds like a town or city's name rather than N's surname.

Last edited:

RYOUKI

survive the world.
    Years
    N's real name is

Spoiler:

Haha, sorry! Couldn't resist. But I saw a thread similarly like this, someone asked what's C.C.'s real name and one guy replied Shishi (That's how the Japanese pronounce C.) XD

But yeah, that's the beauty of one-letter names. The mystery.

Timbjerr

[color=Indigo][i][b]T-o-X-i-C[/b][/i][/color]
    Years
    His name is just N, obviously. His name shows how his father saw him as nothing more than a tool.

This is probably the best theory out there.

Of course,
    Spoiler:

I wonder if the letter N has any significance, or if it's just
    Spoiler:

Dark Piplup

This user title is original
    Years
    Probably just N. Not something of a replacement alias. If it was it would probably be Nick.

Åzurε

Shi-shi-shi-shaw!
    Years
    • Seen Jun 2, 2013
    In my opinion, he's just N. If you wanted a "real" name, En/Enn. Also, I love reading way to much into insignificant things.

N the letter is a symbol, something physical that stands for a concept. All the grunts say N's their king, but he does very little actual leading. Ghetsis just uses him as a figurehead for the ideals of Team Plasma.

Also the thing about N being parallel lines and a diagonal.

Also the thing about n in math as a variable. He likes mathematics and stuff too... In this vein, either Anthea or Concordia said that he's innocent. He is (or was) impressionable and a product of his upbringing.

Also "Enharmonia".

N for Nero was also the name of a certain ruler, famous for disregarding his entire kingdom as it fell around him while he was occupied with his own interests. He's all about the poor Pokemon (define "proletariat"), and society in Pokemon is centered around the little beasts. It would be fair to say that there would be severe shortages of power and inability to harvest resources of various sorts , loss of livelihood, and general unhappiness and stress if they left.

It may have something to do with his heritage. It seems that whatever family N and Ghetsis belong to was royalty at some point, and that they lived in or near what is now the Abyssal Ruins. N or what it stands for could be a significant name for them.

Years
    • Seen Mar 29, 2024
    I think that N's name is just simply N. It is probably symbolic of the commonly used math variable, n, or the parallel lines and a diagonal; all of these theories are very believable. His name doesn't stand for anything in my opinion, though, and I think it's completely believable that there is a character in Black and White named N? Problem, officer?

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
    Years
    • Seen Jul 1, 2023
    There's a lot of awesome theories here, though I'm more tempted to side with nature/north. The only issue is there's nobody that could be representing technology, aka, a "T" character. Though north works well due to his castle's location as mentioned here or somewhere. :D

Back