• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

What's the best GameBoy Color Emulator to use?

Heart's Soul

Hey, look, I was gone.
    Years
    • Age 28
    • Seen Aug 20, 2020
    i know a gbc emulator for r4 , called lameboy
    you cant trade on it as its for r4ds

oh yeah is there a gba emulator for r4ds, because i traded my sapphire game to a friend of mine but i want to play emerald on ds without the slot 2 game pack
    thank you

There are no GBA emulators for any flashcard (excluding the obvious ones with built-in CPU, but the R4DS does not have this) and you need the Slot-2 Game Pack to do so, using a EZ4.

Years
    • Seen Mar 16, 2020
    I'm new at this, I want to play game boy color games on my pc and can someone tell me which GBC Emulator is better RetroArch, Mednafen or higan?

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Sep 3, 2019
    I want color when I play Red and stuff. But nevermind, I already found one.

It is not necessary that for playing Xbox games you need to have the Xbox play station console. I know it is sometimes expensive or doesn't fit in your budget to go for Xbox purchase. But you still want to play those Xbox games? If you want to play some Xbox games, but you don't have an Xbox one console, then don't worry, we have a list of the best Xbox one emulator for PC. Using these emulators you can play Xbox games on your Windows PC.

We are all Know that The Xbox 360 is a Widely Popular Game console, Introduced By Microsoft Corporation. And Nowadays as you all know the Gaming industry is on the boom. There is a Huge Demand due to features like Sound Quality, Texture, Rich Graphics and Other Features. Also, There are Many Emulators are available to Download, But They Only support few Games, But the Xbox 360 Gives the Power to lay High-End Games with Rich Graphics.

BH

Canine pokemon fan
    Years
    I use Rew at it works just fine (except in Pokemon prism, where generation 3, 4 & 6 pokemon sound like glitches, and when you use it too much, the sound becomes messy), but VBA allows you to cheat and speed up so yeah

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Feb 4, 2024
    If you want to play all GB games (GB, GBC, GBA, SGB), VBA-M is recommended.
    If you just want to play GB, GBC games, try BGB or Gambatte.

Years
    VBA is a good universal Game Boy emulator, but I'm on team BGB for any GB/GBC games. Apart from the debug features which I often use when hacking, or making my own GB games, it also gives more control on stuff like emulation speed and quite a few other options.

Years
    • Seen Oct 26, 2021
    in 2021 you have a lot of good GB Emulators for playing these games like RetriX, Mednafen, higan you just need to clarify which emulator for what console you want to use it. RetroArch is an Emulator for every console.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Age 35
    • Seen May 31, 2024
    VisualBoyAdvance isn't even a good Game Boy Advance emulator and you maniacs use it for Game Boy as well? I'm horrified. Get you an mGBA at the very least, if not a dedicated Game Boy emulator like BGB.

Years
    • Seen Nov 10, 2022
    For almost a year and a half, I'm using the Happy Chick emulator for playing games on my phone the emulator is ok for me, and runs smoothly.

virtualpet

The Anomaly's Mewtwo
    Years
    I've been using mGBA on desktop and generally prefer it. If you have a hacked 3DS you can also inject roms to be played with the 3DS' own emulator and it usually preforms pretty good albeit without the QOL features that other emulators have, there's also Twilight Menu for 3DS but it can be very buggy with certain games and with the current GBC game I'm playing on it if I put my console in sleep mode it just breaks and I have to exit out of it.

Back