• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

What's the funniest name you've given to your trainer/pokemon?

EmTheGhost

I say a lot of words
Years
  • This was in Pokemon Go, but: one day I saw a raid for an Alolan Exeggutor, and I really wanted one, so I bought a single Remote Raid Pass even though I usually play for free.

I named it Macklemore.

Because it was 99 cents.

...So, then, of course, I went back and named my already-existent Kantonian Exeggutor "Ryan Lewis".

Years
  • Moving this over to Pokémon Gaming Central since it seems to encompass the games more so than general Pokémon stuff!

I named my rivals Stupid and Idiot when I was a kid. :') Which I thought was absolutely hilarious back then. I also named my mons in RSE after random classmates. But goddd I know I had better nicknames for things I owned and wish I could remember them.

Years
    • Any pronoun
    • Online now
    Usually tries for fitting names, rather than humor. Would say something from a challenge run with Earthbound names. Liked "No. 3" the Dugtrio the most. Comes from a mine terrorized by five moles, who all claim to be the third strongest. Gives an honorable mention to "Exit Mouse" the Minun. Became funnier for being Wonder Traded off after Totem Raticate. Left very quickly.

(Was a gold mine for good names, incidentally. Named every possible Pokemon in advance. Never used Mr. Saturn the Nosepass, Mad Duck the Psyduck, Manly Fish the Mudkip, Mostly Bad the Combee, Attack Slug the Shellos, Belch the Grimer, BubbleMonkey the Panpour, or MobileSprout the Oddish.)

Lucifer

Fallen1
    Years
  • I suppose that the first trainer name I ever used in my first two games, Yellow and Silver, Ickis, after one of the main characters in 'Ahhh Real Monsters' could be considered humorous but I don't tend to go for humor. I theme my trainer and Pokemon names after favorite franchises and fictional characters.

Back