• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

What's the hardest video game boss you've faced?

deathbyalice

Linden
    Years
    Cubia in .Hack//Mutation. But I got him after leveling up a bit. Also, without leveling up, Baal in Diablo II expansion was pretty tough.

Miyu-chan

.::f l o w e r g i r l::.
    Years
    • Age 35
    • Seen Apr 23, 2014
    Isn't this supposed to be in the Video games thread? x.x;

*MOVED*

Kairi

The Original $staff_title
    Years
    • Seen Feb 3, 2021
    Some on the Ninja Gaiden ones on very hard come to mind. Alma is a pain if you don't have much healing stock by the time you reach her.

Omega on FF8 was fairly challenging, but he had a rhythm you could master. Genra on DOA 3 was just…cheap, stupid even.

That's all I can think of at the moment, but will think more~

Lucifer.

Custom'D
    Years
    Ozma in FFIX was genuinely challenging, due to the lack of doomsday attacks that are available in every other post-FFVI game (Omnislash, Lionheart, Oblivion, Delta Attack, etc).

Square should take note and not include them in FFXIII either.

Kairi

Years
    • Seen Feb 3, 2021
    It was just…quick. Either way, he'll kill you, or you'll kill him, really quick. There was still some cheapness (Like Steiner with shock) and since his HP was so low, you didn't have to survive for that long, anyways. But lack of quick leveling and multi-hitters did make it different, at least.

Kyosuke

.·Simple Complexity
    Years
    Kairi said:
    Some on the Ninja Gaiden ones on very hard come to mind. Alma is a pain if you don?t have much healing stock by the time you reach her.

Omega on FF8 was fairly challenging, but he had a rhythm you could master. Genra on DOA 3 was just?cheap, stupid even.

That?s all I can think of at the moment, but will think more~

I would have to agree, the hardest boss I had to fight was Alma from Ninja Gaiden. The first time I fought Alma, I thought "Ok let me get this over with.", how wrong I was... XD, good thing she wasn't nearly as hard the secound time around.

ASG

ANTI-SPAM GUN
    Years
    Do not say there is a boss harder than the one i will say now

The boss i faced waz on army men:green rogue it will be da hardest boss i have faced and it's only on level 2! i can't beat the dang level! after that there is 5 more bosses and guess what no codes!

anyway da boss is a submarine equipet with 2 machine guns and every 10 secounds 2 tan men come out with bazooks and blow ya up!

SBaby

Dungeon Master
    Years
    • Seen Apr 9, 2015
    Sephiroth from Kingdom Hearts was ridiculously difficult. I got past his attack that brings your HP and MP down to 1, but when he's at 2/3 of his health, he starts using attacks that are almost impossible to dodge. Plus, he doesn't forget about his other attacks and makes sure to play keep-away from you while you're getting hit. Then he doesn't give you anything (except for XP, which you don't need anymore at this point) for killing him!

Redrum from Xenogears was difficult if you didn't have three hours to sit and wait for non-combos to kill him. This is due to his killing off whoever hits him with a Death Blow. And there was NO WAY TO DEFEND AGAINST IT! Pretty much, if you're going to fight him, make sure you have the entire day to do so. (Murder is Redrum and Redrum is Murder... Heh heh...)

I'll post more soon.

ASG

ANTI-SPAM GUN
    Years
    Gaaaa.... you people have reminded me! kid buu from budikia 3 took me 2 days to actully get his health to the orange but da thrid day i beat him

BigBoss

Banned
    Years
    • Seen Sep 14, 2007
    Ermmmm........ Well Sigma in nearly all the Megaman X games is probibly the hardest.

John Denver

Banned
    Years
    Does anyone remember Legend of Maxx? MAN that boss had me goin for a while...I even tried playing with my feet, but still I couldn't beat him. The hardest boss I've ever faced :(

from DDR of course ;)

Years
    Sephiroth fro Kingdom Hearts we very difficult. He has almost no boss rhythm or pattern, because he switches his pattern up all the time. Its difficult to fight him cause you kind of have to keep up with non-stop healing and all. i still havent beaten him, but ive come so darn close.

Anyway can I talk about a video game in general that was hard? Rocket Knight Adventures for Sega Genesis.... it was this weird quirky platformer (about an oppossum knight in shining armor wish a rocket strapped to his back) that was so cool but no one played it i think >.> i recommend if you have a Genesis. But anyway it was one of those types of games that you wonder how you ever played as a kid (cause now that my reflexes are dumbed down from too much rpgs, i cant play this game past like... the fourth level or so >.>)

Pokemon Master #1

BILLIE fanboy.
    Years
    Hardest video game boss.

It's hard to pick a hardest boss battle because iv'e been in some killer battles.But I always end up pulling through.

Now with Kung-Fu grip! XD
    Years
    Albel Nox: defeated. It took me a while to figure out to use Blade Of Fury over and over. I sorta accidentaly beat him because my little brother smashed my finger on the circle button at the last second.

Dr. Narfarious: defeated. He was a little hard, but I killed him with my trusty Decimator in the end. Now I am stuck on the Biobliterator!

Cyber Errol: defeated. I don't know how, though... I am now stuck on the Dark Maker Dragon!

Vkazuic

Years
    • Seen Oct 21, 2010
    That weird coloured world looking thingy, from Final Fantasy IX.. It's called Ozma I think.. Anyways... He is sooooo hard to beat... You gotta be like level 90 or over to beat him..

~Moonlight_Shadow~

Kairi

Years
    • Seen Feb 3, 2021
    SBaby said:
    Sephiroth from Kingdom Hearts was ridiculously difficult. I got past his attack that brings your HP and MP down to 1, but when he's at 2/3 of his health, he starts using attacks that are almost impossible to dodge. Plus, he doesn't forget about his other attacks and makes sure to play keep-away from you while you're getting hit. Then he doesn't give you anything (except for XP, which you don't need anymore at this point) for killing him!

Redrum from Xenogears was difficult if you didn't have three hours to sit and wait for non-combos to kill him. This is due to his killing off whoever hits him with a Death Blow. And there was NO WAY TO DEFEND AGAINST IT! Pretty much, if you're going to fight him, make sure you have the entire day to do so. (Murder is Redrum and Redrum is Murder... Heh heh...)

I'll post more soon.
    I disagree with Sephiroth. I usually "use" him to gain my last 40 or so levels, since he always gives you enough to level off of. Fastest way to level.

All of his "unavoidable" attack can be dodged by using a move like Strike Raid for the duration of them. Not necessary, but it helps if you're having trouble.

And Albel really wasn't that difficult, IMO. XP

DarkLink said:
    Ermmmm........ Well Sigma in nearly all the Megaman X games is probibly the hardest.
    Sigma in X3 and 4 is HARD. I finally did it in 4 with Zero after many years~

5 and 6 though, total jokes.

Back