• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

What's the hardest video game boss you've faced?

Lucifer.

Custom'D
    Years
    Kairi said:
    It was just?quick. Either way, he?ll kill you, or you?ll kill him, really quick. There was still some cheapness (Like Steiner with shock) and since his HP was so low, you didn?t have to survive for that long, anyways. But lack of quick leveling and multi-hitters did make it different, at least.

That was kinda my point though. His HP is about 55,000 as far as I know, but with the lack of doomsday limit breaks and skills it evens-out the battle a bit. Unlike in FFVII and VIII where you're tackling 1,000,000 HP+ enemies with your 150,000 damage-inducing limits. >_<

Ozma pretty much floored you if he cast Meteor though. Petty, random damage when cast by Vivi. Enormous, 1-hit-kill ownage when used by some round, globe thing.

Another difficult side-boss: Penance from FFX. Just when you thought Dark Magus Sisters and Dark Anima were the pinnacle of bosses in that game...

Kairi

The Original $staff_title
    Years
    • Seen Feb 3, 2021
    I never got to play FFX-i ;_;

As for Ozma, yeah…but if you –do- pull off 9999 hits, it's only about five or six you need. And there are ways too. Yeah he's challenging in a much different way from most mega FF bosses. Myraids of status effects you can't completely counter, fast, powerful, if not a bit HP lacking.

Lucifer.

Custom'D
    Years
    Kairi said:
    I never got to play FFX-i ;_;

As for Ozma, yeah?but if you ?do- pull off 9999 hits, it?s only about five or six you need. And there are ways too. Yeah he?s challenging in a much different way from most mega FF bosses. Myraids of status effects you can?t completely counter, fast, powerful, if not a bit HP lacking.

One of the perks of living in Europe: we sometimes get some bonus stuff added to our late releases. :bandit:

Most of Ozma's status spells could be countered using Quina's Angel's Snack. I just cycled through attacks, Shocks, Frog Drops and Curagas until he fell. Most of the attempts before that had me walking away wondering if he was even beatable.

FFVIII's Omega Weapon was probably more difficult if truth be told - if only for the fact that he had two of the cheapest attacks ever. XD

the skate board kid

#1 Weezer Fan
    Years
    For me it would have to be metal gear in metal gear solid. That thing was crazy! Your like 6 feet high and that thing is like a sky scraper, and I gotta beat it with a gun a like small as hell, but i kicked his butt after ten thousand tries. hahahaha.......... no.

Rated R Superstar?

Rated "R" Superstar
    Years
    Lets go down Horrible losing lane....
    ------------------------
    Cerebrus(KH1)Total Loss:11
    Cloud and Leon(KH1)Total Loss:23
    Cell(Dragon Ball Z Budokai 3)Total Loss:20
    Buu(All Forms)(Dragon Ball Z Budokai 3)Total loss:18
    Mario Bros.(Smackdown Vs. RAW) Total loss:2
    Mr. Clean(Smackdown Vs. RAW) Total Loss:3
    Link(SSB1 AND 2) Total Loss:1
    ------------------------------
    getting better though...:p

Now with Kung-Fu grip! XD
    Years
    The hardest boss/person my brother's faced is Big Show on SmackDown! Here Comes The Pain. He lost to him in about 43 matches. Of course, he was using Rey Mysterio. I came in as an interference, knocked the ref out, and hurt Big Show bad enough my brother would have had an easy win. That is, if he had gotten the pin first. Big Show pinned him, and he still cries over that time.

SBaby

Dungeon Master
    Years
    • Seen Apr 9, 2015
    Kairi said:
    Hmm, no, but that was cause I was prepared. Still, all bosses in that game are designed so you can theoretically defeat them without taking damage. Furthermore, all of those battles are usually quite short. So yeah, that?s just my opinion, glad to hear you got through. ^_^;

Theoretically beat them without taking damage? Um, how do you beat Margulus without taking damage? (Without Gameshark, kids.)

Back