• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen What's the most creative name you ever named your Rival?

Vigilante

Ringleader of Hell
Years
    • Seen Dec 26, 2009
    I named my Rival, Rival and the Hero, Hero. Creative, huh?

Years
    • Seen Jan 6, 2021
    the best i came up with was yoyoyo that way everytime he shows up "yoyoyo wanna battle?"

SilentHeroX

Battles should be fun!
    Years
  • I always go with the names from the manga, or some random name from any anime I watch since I'm not the type of person that likes to make up names for them XD.

Years
    • Seen Dec 21, 2009
    The only thing I've ever named him was "Lucas". I know... Not very creative... In Red I named my character Fire and the rival Water just because of the starters and in Gold I named the character Gold and the rival Silver. That's all.

Zelda

⍃⍍⍄ ⍃⍍⍄
    Years
    • Age 8
    • +
    • Seen Sep 15, 2020
    I ususally just name my rivals the name they have in the anime [in this case, Barry], but there was a time when I tried something different. I had named my Rival Paul since there was no Paul in the game. Nothing too unique, but at least it was different.

Smitty96

the Ubuntu user
    Years
    • Seen Feb 6, 2013
    Cakrlie

Because the cake is a lie!
    Hooray for a Portal reference!

In Diamond, I named myself Mon and my rival BobDaDr, after two Miis on my Wii. (Bob the Doctor is from Drake and Josh, he's who the Mii is supposed to be)

FreakyLocz14

Conservative Patriot
    Years
    • Seen Aug 29, 2018
    I always seem to name my rival Your Mom.
    Childish, eh... Doesn't matter. It's satisfying every time =]

Who cares if it's childish no one is affected by your Rival's name but yourself.

In HG/SS I'm considering Carlos or a dirty name.

harig07

Pokemon & SSBB newbie, YGO Pro
    Years
  • In Diamond, I named him hat. So when his mom walks into your house she says...

"Is my little hat over here?"

:D

shouldve named him friend.

EDIT: I've just started Pearl for the ULTIMATE MONOTYPE CHALLENGE!!!!! What should I name my rival?

DOUBLE EDIT: Named him Dark_Azelf after he who must not be named.

TRIPLE EDIT: Dark_Azelf doesn't fit so I just named him Ganon cos I named myself Link.

Last edited:
    Back