• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen Whats the most exciting moment you have ever experienced in diamond/pearl?

Haza

☆A Life of Pokémon and Beyoncé ☆
    Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen Oct 1, 2021
    When I saw a Shiny wormpule on pokemon leaf green

Im glad your favorite DP experience was on Leaf Green! ^.^

Mine would be catching Giratina. It was so tall and intimidating I was scared and my heart was beating fast.

Ricky429

Turtwig lovers unite!!!
    Years
    I have two: When I caught Giratina with a pokeball now that was cool because i had ran out of ultra balls and i had nothing else and when I ran into a shiny buizel and accidently koed it because i wasn't paying attention and then ran into a shiny bidoof right after. Two shinies in a row was the only time i've seen shinies in the wild.

Years
    Probably looking down at my screen after tweaking to see a shiny Darkrai scrolling across. Took less than one-hundred soft resets.
    It also excited me to see my first shiny patch, and to hear my Uxie sparkle when I wasn't paying attention.

Sesh

Subjectively Objective
    Years
    Oh lol thanks for reminding me, when i caught Giratina with the first ball i threw which was a quick ball. i was like O;! XD that was the best :]

Foxnordic

Common trainer
    Years
    mine was catching a heracross and a shiny psyduck.
    This might be off subject, about 6 or 8 years ago i battle a shiny pineco on silver version it was at red health. I was about to catch it but it used selfdestruct i was so mad. Or about 2 years ago on silver version i ran into a shiny nidorina (male) but i accidently koed it

Zennerick

The Researcher
    Years
    The most exciting moment I have ever experienced was just recently.
    Since my favorite "move" is Metronome, my Munchlax I was training at the
    time had learned it. So I decided to just fool around with Metronome;
    I came across Bibrael. Not much ecitement there, but I used Metronome and
    I got Judgment. It didn't didn't one-hit KO it for some reason. So I used Metronome
    again and it turned out to be, to my suprise, Judgment. What are the odds of
    getting Judgment twice in a row from Metronome?!

It has been the most epic momment so far.

Last edited:

Elite Overlord LeSabre™

On that 'Non stop road'
    Years
    Encountering a shiny Buneary and shiny Ponyta. During the regular playthrough, which of course meant no chaining. When I caught Buneary, I made sure to kill Cheryl's Chansey first so it wouldn't faint my target. But when that Ponyta showed up just a few hours later, I was shocked and amazed. I haven't seen a shiny since, but I'm not really hunting for them right now.

Infamous Amos

ALL BIDOOF IN MY WAY WILL FALL
    Years
    For me, Catching all the Unown, plus a shiny L Unown, and a shiny Weezing, and Giratina (not shiny) all in the same day :>
    All without the use of a cheating device.

Last edited:

ckret2

usually pronounced "secret 2"
    Years
    Catching Darkrai through tweaking, and then Palkia and Uxie and Azelf, all on the same day, followed by paralyzing and whittling down Mesprit's HP to make it easy catching when I felt like chasing it. Nothing like getting a ton of legendaries all together to boost the ego.

Well, that, or beating Cynthia with a team whose strongest Pokémon is ten levels under her weakest Pokémon.

aceattorneyweirdgirl

oh heck oh frig im girl now
    Years
    • she/her
    • Seen Jan 28, 2024
    When I beat Cynthia, Just minutes ago, with my highest level pokemon being Palkia, Lv 55.

~ Yukishii

ℓaketrio mistress♥
    Years
    I was SRing for shiny Azelf..
    After only a couple hours I put down the game to type something on the computer, and I suddenly hear the shiny noise come from my DS.
    I look, there it is..
    The same amount of shock happened with shiny Mesprit and shiny Uxie as well.

Years
    I'm a poor kid, I have never been excited before... Legendaries? Meh. Gym Battles? Meh. Trashing the E4? Meh. Pokemon reaching LV100? Meh. Shiny Pokemon? Never met one no matter how hard I tried. Winning a contest? Meh. Level Grinding? Oh that's really exciting(sarcasm). Getting all of the obtainable Poketch apps? Meh. SEE? I'M A POOR KID!!! ;_; D: :(

Years
    • Seen Mar 12, 2011
    my most exciting moment would probably be choosing the starter because they are all new and turtwig was the best choice I have made! By the way pearl owns diamond!!!!!

Years
    When I beat the Elite Four for the first time...

I have never seen a shiny before...ima a poor kid.

Hey, BTW, can anyone really quickly explain to me like "chaining" or whatever to catch a shiny. i kinda get it but...

Years
    • Seen Feb 16, 2011
    When I beat the Elite Four for the first time...

I have never seen a shiny before...ima a poor kid.

Hey, BTW, can anyone really quickly explain to me like "chaining" or whatever to catch a shiny. i kinda get it but...

When you are in a field use you pokeradar you will see a patch of grass shake, when you defeat that pokemon you begin a chain, as the chain gets higher the more likely you are to encounter a shiny. You know when you encounter a shiny because the patch of grass will glow instead of shake. Now you must move directly from one patch of grass into the one that shook without encountering a different pokemon otherwise the chain will be broken so its a good idea to bring a coupe repels for when you move.

Years
    • Seen Jan 18, 2010
    I'd guess it'd be seeing Palkia just stand there. Awkwardly.

Oh, and of course, my EV'd Salamance! :D

Back