• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

whats ur LEAST fav character

Arumus

Insert user title here..
    Years
    I'd have to say Tracey is the worst, and Gary has to be the best followed up by Bill, I mean Butch. The most annoying characer has to be Ash as he's just way too nice and stupid. How many times has Team Rocket got Pikachu due to Ash's stupidity? And why is he always being nice and helping everyone out, thats why he looses at the tournaments. As he can't stay focussed.

Crystal Clair

Shinji lover
    Years
    I dislike a lot of characters
    Lila
    May
    Jasmine
    I dont really like Shirona too much
    Gary (not that much though)
    Rudy
    Tad
    Drake
    Melody
    DJ Mary - her hair, nuff said
    Ariel - she needs to grow out her hair or stop wearing puffy sleeves
    Alicia - overrated filler character
    Liza (LizaTate)
    Adan
    Wakana

Akio123

Sadness forever...
    Years
    May and to a degree Shinji(It's my opinion and I won't waver on it). May, however, I can't stand. "Oh boohoo I lost to coordinator older and more experienced then me in the Kanto Grand Festival. I'll become emo until Drew Magically shows up at the Battle Pyramid and beats me.*Cries"

Rebellious Treecko

The coolest.
    Years
    I think it's Paul.
    I hate the way he treats pokemon, and how he thinks of them as tools of war. (Kind of like your rival in G/S/C, hmmm.)
    But at least Ash got a rival that's the exact opposite of him.

PikaPi123

Pikachu Power!!!
    Years
    My least favorite characters are:

1)Paul- He is really mean and treats his Pokemon like dirt.
    2)May- Whines a lot. If she loses a contest she would start crying unlike Dawn who has a positive mind.
    3)Max- Thinks he knows it all.

Now I will talk about Ash... He is one of my favorite characters but sometimes I feel like hitting him over the head with a stick. When he battles a Ghost type for example. He uses a Normal type move. When the other trainer tells him that Normal type moves don't work he says "I forgot". Out of all the places he have been to he don't remember type match-ups?
    And what he does when he sees a disguised Team Rocket... Lets not go there.

Years
    • Seen Sep 29, 2023
    Dawn cried after she lost her first Contest too. I don't know why people bash characters for crying, those are some of the best and most realistic scenes in the anime.

Wish

No spoils for the meek.
    Years
    • Seen Feb 11, 2018
    I don't really like May a lot. Or was that because she replaced Misty. D: Max I never really understood.

Akio123

Sadness forever...
    Years
    Dawn cried after she lost her first Contest too. I don't know why people bash characters for crying, those are some of the best and most realistic scenes in the anime.
    Yeah, but they cry a majority of the time they lose or become relly depressing. I mean like it is mildly realistc, but after cming far and losing right before isn't something to be upset about. Like Dawn's mom even said she shouldn't cry after a loss and not call her after eveything. I mean like she just needs to do better.

Years
    • Seen Sep 29, 2023
    My least favorite is probably Misty in Johto. Boring, boring, boring is what comes to mind, she doesn't do anything and she carrys an egg around in every episode. I liked Misty before this but her character just plummets as the show goes on.

Yeah, but they cry a majority of the time they lose or become relly depressing. I mean like it is mildly realistc, but after cming far and losing right before isn't something to be upset about. Like Dawn's mom even said she shouldn't cry after a loss and not call her after eveything. I mean like she just needs to do better.

I would much rather the characters act realistically then not show any emotion at all. All of May's crying scenes, (all two of them) were pretty great, and Dawn crying was nicely done as well. You don't seem to understand what character development is about.

Akio123

Sadness forever...
    Years
    I understand charecter development. Also I am fine with charecters showing emotion. It's just that Haruka dragged out her depression in the Kanto Grand Festival. I mean she lost to an expeirienced coordinator and she came in atleast 4th. Not to mention she beat Harley and finally Drew. It would have been great if she won, but she didn't. I mean look at Drew, he lost to her and he didn't cry he just went back to training, so for Johto maybe he'd have a shot. She should have jsut done the same.

Now in retrospect for Hiakari, yes it was her first contest, but she came far and lost. So I'll give you her lost was a bit more justified, but still I mean she has to udnerstand she barely had her pokemon for any amount of time. I mean she did prepare, but obviously wasn't prepared enough. I mean she should jsut worry about doing better next time which she did.

I honestly don't think crying after a loss after the FIRST time your doing something isn't THAT justified. And Haruka had no reason to cry at all I think. That is why I peronsally don't like them. It has nothing to do with Hikari being comparable to Ash in every aspects(personally that's one of her good qualites), I like coordinators, my only issue is that they had to cry after a loss being that she was a novice and that Haruka cried after doing well.

Years
    • Seen Sep 29, 2023
    The reason why Drew doesn't cry is because he's a rival. When did you see Gary or Paul cry? Never.

You're also forgetting that Ash cried when he lost to Richie back in the Indigo League, and then acts all stubborn and refuses to get out of bed the next day. May cried because Solidad completely creamed her, she barely got a chance to even attack. Why is crying after receiving a crushing defeat not justified? And if Dawn loses a Grand Festival too, I'm kinda expecting her to cry again as well.

Girls get emotional and cry, I don't know why you have a problem with this.

Akio123

Sadness forever...
    Years
    Well Gary I'll give you that, but let's think about Paul here. Paul doesn't know what emotion is. I mean yes, but it's their first time I mean they want to win. All I'm really saying is they shouldn't be that sad over things.

Quite honestly, Ash I think was upset because he lost ona formality. I mean it was Charizard at that ppoint, I kinda figured even back then Ash would lose because Charizard wouldn't lsiten to him. I mean granted I can see them being upset and even crying because he put in all that hard work and still lost. However, it wasn't exaclt fair that he lost because of that. I would even cry if that happned to me.

Also, as I said Solidad is way more experienced then any coordinator they have battled. I mean I only think liek Juan or Robert could beat her quite honestly. I mean she (May)just knows to do better next time that's all.

Hikari will probably lose int he Grand Festival, but I don't expect her to do very poorly in the ranking.She should jsut be happy she didn't get creamed in the first round. (Heck people jsut need to realize how mny people didnt even make it to the grand festival). Heck, maybe I jsut don't like her because she is following even a patten.

I don't have a problem with it, I just don't liek them. You can't force me to liek Haruka and Hikari. If I don't like them for being kinda whiny or following some pattern that's my own buisness. I mean really what gives you the right to tell me who anyone can like and can't like? I mean like I understand if people get emotional and cry, but really they lost get over it and move on.

Sora_8920

Years
    • She/Her
    • Seen May 10, 2024
    My least favorite Characters are the ones who use pokemon that are cute, but are just plain crap. I Mean look at Ash's Aipom, it Creamed Dawn's Pachirisu Quickly when Jessie Got Ahold of it. Plus the Fact they Cry whenever they lose something for the first time.

Last edited:

Jorah

What do I put here?
    Years
    • Age 33
    • UK
    • Seen Aug 18, 2021
    I think it would be a realistic thing for someone to cry after their first contest. They've just went away from home (at the age of 10, remember) journying around with some people they just met, trying to learn everything they can, then being put under a LOT of pressure by going into a contest for your first time and then getting nervous about what you're going to do, whether you're going to do well, what everyone else thought of you and then you having your own expectations of how the event was supposed to go and then probably thinking that you've done a lot worse than everyone else and that everyone else noticed and then losing on stage in front of a huge audience would probably feel humiliating for your first ever contest. That doesn't mean that they would think they would win first time around, its just that I would imagine contests would be a lot of pressure on coordinators and that a lot of people would stop after their first try. I don't think its wrong for them to cry at all.

Thanks for reminding me I HATE Dawn's mum! She was horrible to her. It was her first ever contest and she just wanted to talk to her about how it went. Her mum used to be a coordinator so you would've thought that she would've been interested so Dawn probably thought her mum would be interested too. It doesn't matter that she could watch her on the TV, you would've thought she would've cared about how Dawn felt afterwards.

I almost forgot this thread was about. Characters I hate:

Paul (but in a good way because you're supposed to hate him)
    Dawn's mum
    Team Rocket (only when they inturrupt battles. I can't stand them then. Otherwise they're funny)
    Richie (the Ash impersonator annoys me)
    Morrison (annoying)
    That person with the camera who was in a few Indigo league episodes...he annoyed me too

That's all, I think

Dr.Stiles

Word to yer mama >__>
    Years
    i agree ash should die idk why he gets new pokes cuz he just dumps them at prof.oaks and never uses them again he was going to do that too aipom :(

im couting the days till he gets rid of pikachu lol

Last edited:
    Back