• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

whats ur LEAST fav character

Years
    I'm not going to get into the crying jag (good points all around, though.)

This is a personal rant, so take it for what it's worth. I don't like Hikari. Now, don't get me wrong, I think she's a realistic character and the series couldn't hurt to have that archetype. But let's see: she's obnoxious at times, hell-bent on primping (and jabbing at Ash/Brock's hair), and for a newbie, she doesn't act like one.

And while we're on crying, technically, she shouldn't have done it after her loss. Hiraki seems to have the mental fortitude (she has to for Contests) to withstand a loss as part of the game. Haruka, on the other hand, was more neurotic early on, didn't know how to go about it, and had to get a grip. It made Haruka more real (but unpopular, as no one likes a whiner/cryer), and she did.

Doesn't made she can't freak out once in a while. Back to Hikari, between this and the series' ability to thrust the spotlight her every which you can, I personally can't stand that.

Nevertheless, like I said, the series needs it, so objectively, she's fine with me. I just never want to hang out with her beyond a few hours at a time. Heh.

Now, Shinji, considering the series shafts the rivals, I'll leave him alone. We desparately need characters like that.

Years
    I used to find Team Rocket funny, but watching some old Series 1 episodes (when Ash was in Pokemon League mainly) they just get on my nerves. When Ash is in the middle or about to start a great fight, they try and steal that bloody Pikachu again (yeah hes good, but seriously, there are thousands more better Pokemon). They have just become an irritant rather than entertainment for me. Im far more interested in the Pokemon themselves and enjoying the battles rather than Team Rockets stupid unrealistic schemes. I really get into the emotional side of the stories sometimes, especially Ash's relationship with his Pokemon and friends. I get really into it and then it switches to 'Prepare for trouble, make it double, etc etc..', I'm just like 'Aaaah get of my bloody screen!'. Sorry about that, just needed to blow some steam!! :laugh:

Margot

some things are that simple
    Years
    • they/he
    • Seen Apr 16, 2022
    I could never stand Haruka :< she was so annoying and I just didn't like her character or her attitude. Same with Harley, he really freaked me out with his wardrobe and personality. I think if they made him wear something a little more decent it wouldn't be as bad XD

But still, Haruka is primarily the only character that I really didn't care for. Hikari is a much better chracter than she is.

Shinji_

Paul addicted
    Years
    I don't like MAX Especially when he first appeared and he was so annoying saying he lost in the 2nd round and all the crap T.T he was too bothersome xD and hes a little twerp as team rocket would say and ash and his friends always fall for team rockets stupid cloths thats what I always like the rivals they seem more smarter like Gary/Paul.

Years
    I used to dislike Ash, Jessie and Max, but then, the series is going to on with these characters, so I had to get used to them. It doesn't mean I can't dislike their flaws on occasion (Ash's overkill, Jessie's over-elaborate theatrics, and Max's intellectual arrogance).

But my issues on Hikari, that is more on the producers and their behind-the-scenes shifting on her than anything else.

Edit: Let's pretend I used Japanese terms. Shifty eyes.

fy@x5

~
    Years
    • Seen Sep 18, 2020
    Max, he's so overconfident. And atrocious. He's so annoying!

Akio123

Sadness forever...
    Years
    Can I just say one thing abotu Haruka being Neurotic:
    She goes to pieces after every loss(I'm sorry there was the one time Harley beat her she didn't cry). I mean like she doesn't nessacerilly cry all the time, but I mean really like I said just try harder.

Years
    • Seen Sep 29, 2023
    Can I just say one thing abotu Haruka being Neurotic:
    She goes to pieces after every loss(I'm sorry there was the one time Harley beat her she didn't cry). I mean like she doesn't nessacerilly cry all the time, but I mean really like I said just try harder.

That's not exactly true. She only cried twice, once at the end of her first Contest (Drew pretty much creams her), and then at the Kanto GF. She lost a few other Contests as well as the Hoenn GF and never cried at either of them. So she only cried twice, both times for obvious reasons, and I'm really glad the writers put those scenes in the show because they knew it would be unrealistic for her to have no reaction to defeat. Both of the other girls have their crying scenes as well, and 10 year old girls are allowed to show emotion.

And for the record Misty had a number of crying scenes in the anime, heck, she broke down in tears in a Johto episode just because a Nurse Joy wouldn't take a look at her Water Pokemon!

Years
    I said went to pieces, not cry.

You can be neurotic without crying. Heh. Speaking from experience. At least with Hikari, they play the "little girl, so she can overemote" angle, whereas, they kinda sorta did with Haruka, but it was more subtle until the end.

Of course, it's not an excuse for the over-crying, but I'm trying to explain it. Heck, someone should just make a topic about that. Heh.

Akio123

Sadness forever...
    Years
    I think your the one person who understand that you can be nerurotic without crying XD!
    Another thing I don't like about Hikari is that she has a catchphrase. I'm sorry I've never been one for motos or catchphrases...needless to say there isa group of three "Villains" I don't like.

Apathetic_Yen

very original
    Years
    I HATE Max
    I HATE HATE HATE Team Rocket
    I don't like Tracey
    I HATE Harley
    and...I completely DESPISE Ash in every way possible. "Oh cool a super rare pokemon. Ok let's move on. I'm going to beat the entire league with my Pikachu. It's sooooo strong! Hey why did we lose to that trainer with those fully evolved and well trained Pokemon? The power of my Pikachu's fiendship should have beat him!" AGGGHH!!

Years
    and...I completely DESPISE Ash in every way possible. "Oh cool a super rare pokemon. Ok let's move on. I'm going to beat the entire league with my Pikachu. It's sooooo strong! Hey why did we lose to that trainer with those fully evolved and well trained Pokemon? The power of my Pikachu's fiendship should have beat him!" AGGGHH!!

OMG!!! OMG!!!!!!!!!!! OMG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! UR THE BEST!
    Jessie and James r weird. They dont act like there gender, and they once appeared in a sick dream of mine. dont ask, u DO NOT wanna no.i dont like misty because she thinks shes SOOOOOOO pretty but shes butt ugly! paul treats his pokemon lyke crap and i hate people lyke that. i mean, his chimchar 1 2 battle against ash and he still called it pathetic. pity...pity. and harley is a creepy cross-dresser! if cross-dressing was banned in da episode"beaty at the beach" why haven't they banned him?im sure that chimchar wants to die. and must i remind u all how much i hate ash and pikachu?! *puts gun to pikachu's head" EVOLVE OR DIE!!!!!!!(i tend to hate the main character of a lot of tv shows with a few exceptions)

Last edited:

SBaby

Dungeon Master
    Years
    • Seen Apr 9, 2015
    Right now, it would be freaking Cynthia, for reasons that you'll discover soon.

Years
    Let me guess on Shirona: "I'm better than you, I'm better than you. Oop! You suck, but I'll teach how to not suck, and be perfect just like me."

How's that? Heh.

SBaby

Dungeon Master
    Years
    • Seen Apr 9, 2015
    Let me guess on Shirona: "I'm better than you, I'm better than you. Oop! You suck, but I'll teach how to not suck, and be perfect just like me."

How's that? Heh.

Not really that. She was actually very nice. It's because she basically defeated the whole purpose for Ash to beat Paul. But I don't want to go too much into it, because this'll end up looking like a rant.

Random

-
    Years
    • Seen Feb 10, 2008
    The only characters i cant REALLY stand are Team Rocket especially Jesse, James, and Meowth. They are so over used in almost every episode, they're basically a bunch of losers who have nothing to do but to follow ash and co. around almost everywhere they go. Seriously its like the next thing you know is, Ash's quote "Pikachu, use Thunder Bolt!", then TR's response "Team rocket blasts off again!"(its getting old) Plus their every scheme always sucks even if sometimes they seem to succeed, but in the end it never works for them, even though they sometimes have 60 foot giant robots at there command(from wasting money anyway), just to steal pikachu(and an additional pokemon of the episode), they get easily destroyed from a couple attacks from pikachu and/or others. And just maybe let them succeed for once, maybe for a while but not permanently, yes i know they are the villains(sadly) and the antagonists always lose to the protagonists, i know thats how a normal story flows, but instead its like in each episode there is a sub-story that always repeats itself, and it gets very annoying. Maybe its fine to have them around during the Kanto and Johto saga(since their bases is only in those regions from the games), but having them come along in Hoenn and Sinnoh, its just over kill(especially after the thousands of times, they fallen down from 50 miles from the sky after being beaten, if its anymore realistic, they should be dead by now). The creators should of let team rocket die off, and let Team Magma and Aqua at the time in Hoenn, do all the villainy stuff, and they obviously do A LOT BETTER JOB AT IT. I also hate it when they pop out of bushes, spying on ash, then meowth out of the group makes stupid plans on "how to capture pikachu" just to please their boss(Giovanni), that never even recognizes them as members of TR, and try to make a decent living. If they were any smarter, they should of caught one of their own, and raise it, ever since they met Ash's pikachu. Heck they might have even raise a stronger pikachu then Ash's after all that time chasing them, since ash does suck at real training. Im sorry, I hate to be negative about it, but it just speared my heart like a million times from watching those episodes over and over and over again.

ピクシー

c l ef a b l e -
    Years
    • Seen May 10, 2009
    I have to say I like Ash The least. I find that his whole attitude is very annoying. As previously said, he catches all these Pokémon and then just leaves them at Professor Oak's Lab.

Back