• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen What's you opinion on inverse battles?

Years
    • Seen Sep 29, 2014
    It confused me a bit more than I expected it to, but all usually goes well. He only lets you do it once a day. I seemed to do fine until he sent out a shedinja and I just was completely baffled at what to do, that one took me a while.

waveguidebuizel

weirdguybuizel
    Years
  • I thought this was pretty cool! ^-^ Takes a bit more thinking than usual; I often take a lot longer making a move. Today's battle was interesting, actually. I learned that electric attacks are super effective against rhyperior (aim for the horn!), that Motor Drive still activates as usual (including the immunity to electric), and that Stealth Rock is also affected by the inversion.

Years
    • Seen Dec 14, 2013
    Inverse Battle

Has anyone tried the inverse battle where the type effectiveness is inverted? So Fire becomes strong against Water which becomes strong against Grass which becomes strong against Fire :pink_giggle:

So what happens to immunities in this case, such as Electric against Ground or Poison against Steel?

Is there anywhere other than Route 18 (?) that has an inverse battle?

Years
    • Seen Mar 30, 2014
    Only went into an invverse battle one. Omg it was confusing!
    I kinda hope this doesn't become a " thing" in future gen games
    I just want more double batt les, like Coliseum took advantage of

Years
  • I personally like the Inverse Battle house. It stresses additional thinking about the type matchups, which if you know rather well can form a fun twist/challenge. Unfortunately, since there's only one house (on Route 18) and it's a daily event, it kind of disappoints me that this wasn't further implemented (i.e. more trainers willing to inverse battle, like the sky battles, or as mentioned earlier, made a Wi-Fi/Link Battle clause)

She_Delphox

Delphox used Mystical Fire!
    Years
  • I kinda liked the idea of "inverse battles" because it is a total new experience battling and this sets Pokemon Battles in a new aspect. If you like some challenges and grew tired of the "normal-battles" I recommend you should try this :) Haven't had this "battle-stress" in ages so it is quite fun to try this new feature out :3 (I won my first inverse battle though but with only one Pokemon left that had to finish him off :))

Years
    • Seen Dec 16, 2013
    I would never take an inverse battle seriously, but it might be something I'd like to try more than once for the fun of it.

Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen May 11, 2023
    They're fun! The guy can be quite tough since I make sure to bring three random things with me for the battles (as that's what his teams seem to consist of too), but I think that makes it a lot more interesting. It's nice having some unusual match-ups take place and it occasionally gets quite difficult to remember what's happening when you're thinking of what'll be super effective, then you think that would be not very effective when it turns out you were thinking of the not very effective type in the first place, and yeah, it's a lot of fun haha. I'm glad they're not common battles but once a day is a nice treat!

Thief

The Dark One
    Years
  • I quite enjoyed the one I've had so far. Was amusing to see my brain try and wrap itself around the fact Flamethrower took down a Rhyperior.

braixen

the supreme meme
    Years
  • it wasn't very difficult for me other than wondering what would happen with type immunities but it turned out to be what i was expecting (that it'd still be super effective) but yeah it was a fun change though

Boilurn

Scald Pokémon
    Years
  • I'd love to give it a shot, if only I had the games. I'm sure that Grass and Poison types will do extremely well at this type of battle mode.

Colress Machine

The Colress Machine broke...
    Years
  • I really enjoyed inverse battling. I wish it was used more in game. It makes you think which is a lot of fun!!

Years
  • It is so much fun, I really like them and it would have been good to have them as an option for online play :)

Back