• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

What's your aim in the games?

Killjoy

"He was a laser fish."
Years
  • Usually I just play through the game and beat everything, or loose interest and move onto a different game lol Maybe I have a little Pokémon ADD. My White version is the only version I've got em all to level 100, but I'm still just catching Pokémon and stuff in that right now.

Houndoomed

Battle Master
    Years
  • This is how I play: I bolt through the game as fast as I can the first time around, doing as little extra as possible to get all the badges and HM's, I then take a more leisurely stroll back across the whole region with all the HM's in pocket to access all the hidden TM's, items and pokemon I missed. I do this now as I had a bad habit of wasting good TM's on Pokemon that I lose interest in eventually, So now, no TM's till before the elite 4. Also before the elite 4 though I like to catch any legendaries that are available, Fight through the Elite 4, the Champ then go after the remaining legendaries.

I have started a new trend also in the 4th gen games, I restart the game 3 times before begining to put the 3 starters onto another game so that once a I can trade I can play with all three starters for that region.

Then after the whole region is explored I get into filling up the pokedex and finally the Battle frontier.

Zeus

Years
    • Age 31
    • Seen Jun 29, 2019
    Build a strong team, beat the E4, remake my team, catch all the legendaries, defeat the gym leaders and E4 in their rematches, and save at a specific location before calling it a run.

Ayutac

Developer who wants your help
    Years
  • What's your aim in the game?

When do you call you've completed the game?
    You may say your two questions are different. The game's completed when there's nothing left to do, meaning all quests are solved. You still can play on like forever. But my aim in the game is to have fun, e.g. beat the crap out of my rival, give Pokémon funny names, beat the liga over and over again in hope of actually staying champion and not get sended back where I came from just because the old champion is a douche. These things :)

miju-kun

soaring
    Years
    • Seen May 28, 2014
    Become champion, beat the highest rank of the mini-games there (you know, the contests and stuff). Rematch with the leaders, E4, Champion and blah. Randomly catch Pokémon and breed and breed and probably more side-goals..

Jovi

schadenfreude
    Years
    • Seen May 6, 2012
    To beat the Champion and finish the post-game content. After those, goof around or go competitive battling.

Briar

how do you make coffee sexy?
    Years
  • i've completed the game when i know i've already unlocked every single subplot and discovered every nook and cranny there is present in the storyline. it doesn't really matter much to me whether or not i've caught all the pokemon.

Years
  • Just beat all the gyms and the elite 4. I dont care about completing the dex or anything like that.

Blazivoir

Fire Breather
    Years
    • Seen Dec 22, 2011
    Beat all gyms and elite 4/champion then go out to catch other pokemon I like, before starting again with pokemon I don't usually pick

DarkWolf13

Battle Subway Editor
    Years
  • My goal was to beat the Elite 4 and raise an army of Pokemon, now that both objectives are done and the game is complete... (Not technically. Story wise and reaching my goals)... I can enjoy the Battle Subway using 636 Pokemon I have... and there's so many mix ups with who I can use (eg Latios and Absol, or Charizard and Yanmega, or Druddigon and Blissey etc), which makes it more fun for me

Infernal_Storm

Blazing Hero
    Years
    • Seen Jan 11, 2012
    I never consider my games utterly complete because there's always something left to do.

80s.haircut.man

SuperBanned
    Years
  • I am finished when...:

(1) ...I've completed the story line in every game.
    (2) ...I've caught every Pokémon, once in Gen.'s 1-2 and again in 3-5 w/o trading.
    (3) ...I've solo-ed with all of them.
    (4) ...I've raised my six-member team all to Lv. 100.

Years
    • Seen Jan 9, 2012
    I consider it complete, when, I have either beat the Elite 4, or Red if possible
    I don't like to do many sidequests '-_-

miltankRancher

Mega Ampharos is the one.
    Years
  • I always got bored with the game after the E4. usually, i always restart the game with a challenge after my first run.

Perriechu

i make this look easy tik-tik boom like gasoline-y
    Years
  • It used to be getting every single Pokemon in the game in numerical order in the PC boxes, but now it's just all 8 gyms > elite 4 > sidequests > done and forgotten.

Silence Rewritten

Trainer/Breeder
    Years
  • Number 1, for the most part. Once I've beaten the Elite Four and the Champion, I do my victory dance and shut off the game. When I feel like playing some more, I usually go through the Elites a few more times to train, then work on getting my National Dex and catching all the Pokémon in the region.

Axiom

Seraphic
    Years
    • Seen Apr 27, 2012
    I try not to think about it, to be honest, otherwise I realise how utterly pointless playing on Pokemon and go and waste time playing on equally pointless but not quite as sentimental Skyrim.

Oh, damn it.

Jarred0809

The Eternal Lurker
    Years
  • I'm not much of a PvP guy in any games, so I just beat it and move on. Back before 3rd gen I'd try to complete the Pokedex, and I almost did on Red.

Back