• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

What's your aim in the games?

Years
    • Seen Nov 11, 2022
    When do you call you've completed the game?

1. Won all gym badges, beat all elites and became Pokémon Master?

2. Along with 1, completed your Pokédex and see all Pokémons?

3. Along with 2, even captured all the Pokémon?

I just win the leagues and become Pokémon Master. That's when I stop playing it.

Moreover, I don't even like the Pokémon species after generation 1. The new Pokémon seems stupid, as if they made them just for the sake of making new ones.
    But even in generation 1, I didn't saw or caught them all. Only what I caught on my way, before I beat Elite 4.

Last edited:

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
    Years
    I consider having all 8 gym badges, the title of (in-game) Champion and a bunch of competitively trained Pokemon a complete game.

sherreamethyst

Dragonite's Momma
    Years
    I never consider my game complete. There is always something I haven't done. I don't try to catch all the Pokemon, but I think the closest I would ever want to be to 'completing' the game is just to get to level 100 with the perfect team and be able to take down any opponent.

Years
    • Age 30
    • Seen Jan 5, 2021
    Basically, when I beat the Pokemon League, completely my Pokedex both caught and seen, my team to high level and trained to be able to compete in competitive battling( though I stopped competing atm), and compete in whatever battling circuit there is in that region( Battle Frontier or Battle Subway). I keep going until get that "Awesome Pokemon Trainer/Master with incredibly strong team" persona, like Red in HG/SS, S/G/C.

Juicy

Bone to be wild!
    Years
    Whilst I only play to have fun I find it's not fun unless I set a goal within the game. For a while that goal has been to complete my Pokedex but I'm not in any sort of hurry. I'll also often set smaller goals as well, to break things up such as reaching a certain level or RNGing a certain Pokemon. I also plan on trying the Masuda method to try and breed a shiny sometime in the future (If I get a hold on a foreign Ditto that is). None of this is important to me at all, it's just there to keep the time killer entertaining.

Years
    • Seen Aug 24, 2012
    1. Defeat final four and all major parts of the story.
    2. Catch one of every pokemon which is obtainable within the main game.
    3... I havent finished 2 yet.

PikachuGuy

THOSE CHU'Z
    Years
    I consider my game complete when all the gyms are beaten, all the trainers, and the E4 and Champion have been taken care of. Now I can do the post-game stuff like finding all the items or capturing Pokemon that I have been wanting. Or upgrading my team...

Elite Overlord LeSabre™

On that 'Non stop road'
    Years
    I beat the entire game, including all post-game scenarios. In a few games I've completed the Pokedex (Crystal, Leaf Green, Platinum) but I don't always bother to, as it is very tedious. In those cases, just doing all the post-game stuff counts as completed IMO. Competitive battling teams, getting them to Lv100, and completing the Pokedex is just icing on the cake.

Years
    • Seen Nov 11, 2022
    So most of you are mentioning raising your pokémon to level 100. is it the highest level we can raise our pokémon??

Years
    • Age 28
    • Seen Feb 1, 2016
    When I have all the badges and I have completed the Pokémon League. Also having great team is important to mee. So three things to me.

Years
    Not sure if I have to go with the options you mentioned but for me completing all of challenges like pokeathelon, contests, battle frontier, battle subway etc.

-Jared-

Certified Responsible Adult
    Years
    So most of you are mentioning raising your pokémon to level 100. is it the highest level we can raise our pokémon??

Yes it is. :P

I consider my game beaten when I beat the champion/Red in Johto. I have always wanted to complete my Trainer Card, but I never get around to filling out my Pokedex. :\ Other than that, I just go do whatever after game stuff there is. I'm not much for competitive battling, but I do EV train some Pokemon for Battle Frontier and such. That's about it. :P

RivalGator

I hate them all.
    Years
    My game is complete when I have a perfect team, imo, all lvl 100 and ready to play competitively.

I agree. That is when my game is finished. I can't be interested in the game until I have my perfect team. I will refuse to play online or with someone else until all of my Pokemon are on level 100 with the personality types that I want. It's hard to choose, but I like it.

Back