• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

2nd Gen What's your current team?

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
Years
    • Seen Jul 1, 2023
    Spr_2s_155.png
    Spr_2g_152.png
    Spr_2s_158.png

What's your current team?

Feel free to post your team at any stage in the game and update us on how it is going! :)
    Please only post once you've started playing. If you haven't purchased the games yet please wait until you're playing them to post!​

Years
    • Seen Dec 9, 2020
    I've just beaten the Elite4 with them:

Spoiler:

Surf
    Confusion
    Ice-punch
    ShadowBall

Spoiler:

Flamewheel
    Thunder-punch
    Quick-attack
    smoke screen

currently they're the only fighting members :D then I have Sudowoodoo and Marill as HM slaves

Last edited:

EC

Years
    • he/him
    • Seen Jul 1, 2022
    After the first badge...

Chikorita (Level 12)
    Pidgey (Level 14)

And of course, the egg.

Mimikyu402

Flareon Master
    Years
  • Just started gold myself curently only have:

- Cyndaquil
    - hoothoot

have yet to find any more members I want to use been so amny yaears since I played so hard to remember which areas has what

Guest123_x1

I'm still in the early part of Silver (battling the Sprout Tower), so my current team is:
    • Cyndaquil (F) Level 8 (nicknamed Cindy)
    • Spearow (F) Level 7
    • Geodude (M) Level 7
    • Gastly (F) Level 7
    • Hoothoot (M) Level 8 (nicknamed AMRCASBEST, after that owl in the America's Best commercials)
    • Rattata (M) Level 7 (nicknamed Ratta)
    Because of how early I am in the game, most of this roster will change significantly as I go through the story, as I have done with all of my Pok?mon playings.

MaSterBarth

Pokemon MaSter
    Years
  • Because I did the glitch and got all starters.

Cyndaquill (picked it last), Bayleaf, Totodile. Im in the well saving slowpokes.

AliceBlaze

Shiny Collector
    Years
  • Like I said I was going to, I did the starter glitch. I just left Ilex Forest.

Bayleef
    Quilava
    Totodile
    Flaaffy

I might use the same species as my first HeartGold team, so I just need a Scizor and an Espeon or I might replace Scizor with Heracross or Steelix and use either Espeon or Umbreon depending on what time my Eevee evolves.

BlazingCobaltX

big mood. bye
    Years
    • Age 26
    • Seen Jun 19, 2019
    Got Cyndaquil and Dunsparce right now. My definite team only has four Pok?mon - based on my very first playthrough (Typhlosion, Ampharos, Quagsire, Lugia) - and I'm still thinking of the other two. I don't think I will keep Dunsparce because I've already used it before, but for the time being it's a good second member. I appreciate suggestions!

Kieran

the Blueberry Champion
    Years
  • Currently raiding Team Rocket's hideout with Lance after calming and capturing the enraged Red Gyarados.

154.png

? Megan (Meganium)
    Level 34
    Item: Miracle Seed
    - Synthesis
    - Body Slam
    - Razor Leaf
    - Poisonpowder

157.png

? Tyson (Typhlosion)
    Level 36
    Item: Charcoal
    - Dig
    - Flame Wheel
    - Thunderpunch
    - Quick Attack

160.png

? Ferdinand (Feraligatr)
    Level 35
    Item: NIL
    - Surf
    - Bite
    - Ice Punch
    - Rock Smash

176.png

? Toby (Togetic)
    Level 35
    - Fly
    - Swift
    - Headbutt
    - Sweet Kiss

133.png

? Egor (Eevee)
    Level 35
    - Bite
    - Mud-Slap
    - Shadow Ball
    - Quick Attack

130.png

? Gaara (Gyarados)
    Level 30
    - Bite
    - Leer
    - Thrash
    - Dragon Rage

I might clone Egor into 2 Pokemon once it's happiness is max out so I can get both Espeon and Umbreon and remove Gaara off my team but for now it's all good.

Last edited:

-Nonsense-

Luck = 0
    Years
  • I'm currently in Goldenrod, Im doing a sorta nuzlocke and my current team is

Quilava Lv. 19
    Oddish Lv. 18
    Geodude Lv. 18
    Hoothoot Lv. 16
    Magikarp Lv. 12
    Heracross Lv. 12

A heads up, if you want a heracross make sure to have a mon who can sleep status it cause it can flee (learned that the hard way after trying to get the first one).

Last edited:

Guest123_x1

I have 5:11 on the game's odometer/clock on Silver, and have just gotten Team Rocket defeated out of the Slowpoke Well. Here's what I have now:
    • Level 12 Cyndaquil (Cindy)
    • Level 14 Geodude
    • Level 13 Bellsprout (Ma Bell)
    • Level 13 Spearow
    • Level 13 Mareep (F) (nicknamed Janna - yes, I have a lot of nerve to nickname a Mareep after one of our admins! I even took a picture to prove it!)
    • Level 13 Gastly

khaozz

Peace sells, but who's buying?
    Years
    • Seen Nov 26, 2018
    I just arrived in Goldenrod City. Here's my current team:

Mary the Flaaffy (F) Lv18
    Crocjaw the Croconaw (M) Lv18
    Megan the Bayleef (F) Lv18
    Burnsy the Quilava (M) Lv19
    Paras (F) (HM User) Lv6

Paras is temporary. I'll box her once I obtain Farfetch'd and Psyduck (Both HM Users).

Unlike past playthroughs, I don't plan to have a full team of 6. Instead, I plan to only use 4 Pokemon and 2 HM Users so there will be less Pokemon to grind and grinding in general will be less tedious and annoying. Also, I won't have to give my party members the bad HMs.

Last edited:

thedestinedblade

Radiant Cool Boy
    Years
  • Just finished beating Whitney who was a lot easier than I remember. My current team is:

Quilava lv. 23
    Aipom lv. 20
    Nidorino lv. 20

I'm adding a Natu once I get Surf and probably gonna use Lapras for my water-type.

Years
    • Seen Oct 15, 2022
    Right before Pryce, just finished Lake of Rage quest with Lance. Loved it

Crobat LV28
    Graveler LV31
    Quilava LV31
    Poliwhirl LV29
    Ampharos LV30
    Scyther LV24

Planning on getting Golem, Politoed, and Scizor soon.

Also leveling up a couple others via Daycare. Just running around using up steps. LV22 Kadabra LV24 Gastly LV ??? Exeggcute and LV ??? Slowpoke. I also caught Heracross and the Friday Lapras and might level them up the same way. Getting Dratini at the Game Corner won't be a bad idea either.

LilyGardy

The Flowering Pokemon
    Years
  • So far (3 Badges in):

Megan the Female Bayleef (Level 21)
    Simon the Male Slowpoke (Level 20)
    Male Togepi (Just Hatched)
    Drill the Male Beedrill (Level 11)

Plan to keep Bayleef, Slowpoke and Togepi and use Eevee line and two others.

Years
    • Seen Jul 2, 2023
    I just had a chance to start last night for a little bit, so my team is nowhere near settled. However, having arrived at Violet City (pre-gym), I currently have:

Totodile level 10
    Hoothoot level 5
    Rattata level 5
    Spinarak level 3
    Geodude level 3
    Gastly level ? (just caught it, don't remember)

I also have a Zubat in the PC that I'm rotating through. At this point, I'm starting to train up everything besides Totodile.

Of those, I think Totodile and Hoothoot will make my permanent team, like in my first Gold play through. Not sure what will happen with the others yet. Gastly might be fun to use, and I definitely want to pick up a Mareep when I have the chance. I'll probably end up dumping the rest of the team once I've evolved them.

I've also been having terrible luck with my poke balls for whatever reason, so now I'm down to one ball and less than $200 left on hand (though my mom has been storing my money, if I bother to get back to her). It's a strange feeling, as I've never had this problem on any Pokemon game I've played before. I guess it's time to earn some cash from the gym trainers, before I run into a shiny or something else I don't want to miss out on.

Kieran

the Blueberry Champion
    Years
  • Will be taking the Ice Path to Blackthorn City soon; So I'll be exchanging one of my Pokemon for my Strength HM Slave, but I have my permanent teammates officially:

154.png

? Megan (Meganium)
    Level 51
    Item: Miracle Seed
    - Synthesis
    - Body Slam
    - Razor Leaf
    - Poisonpowder

157.png

? Tyson (Typhlosion)
    Level 50
    Item: Charcoal
    - Dig
    - Flame Wheel
    - Thunderpunch
    - Quick Attack

160.png

? Ferdinand (Feraligatr)
    Level 50
    - Surf
    - Bite
    - Ice Punch
    - Rock Smash

176.png

? Toby (Togetic)
    Level 52
    Item: Pink Bow
    - Fly
    - Swift
    - Headbutt
    - Sweet Kiss

196.png

? Egor (Espeon)
    Level 58
    - Bite
    - Mud-Slap
    - Shadow Ball
    - Quick Attack

197.png

? Umi (Umbreon)
    Level 58
    - Bite
    - Iron Tail
    - Shadow Ball
    - Quick Attack

Years
  • 159.gif
    180.gif
    30.gif
    58.gif
    133.gif

My pretties right now! Just taught Flaaffy Thunderpunch and Fire Punch, and Croconaw Ice Punch. Not sure if I'll keep Eevee... SRed a few times to get a female one hoping to evolve it into Espeon, but idk if I can raise its friendship high enough before Espeon learns Psybeam at 36.

Back