• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

What's your favorite beginner bird?

Favorite bird evo line?

• Total voters
Years
    • Seen May 7, 2024
    I really like the starly line, i really liked the "star" in it. Yet i don't know why it's there.

They're based on Starlings...:P

I prefer the Taillow/Swellow line. That's partially because we have hundreds around my house. One even flew into my bedroom. And I caught it. So I've caught a real-life Taillow with my bare hands :D

Oh, why aren't we allowed to go for Spearow/Fearow, though? They're available early on in Kanto/Johto games....in the route between Viridian and the Pokemon League, and Route 46, respectively.

vinylscratchp0n3

↑ ↑ ↓ ↓ ← → ← → B A START
    Years
  • Pidge- line, because I use it in every game, and it's evil looking!

Star- line came close, but only because it's shiny form looks cool.

Noka

I'ma nerd
    Years
  • The Starly line...they're all fairly strong, and when it finally evolves to its final form, it's incredibly strong.

Years
  • I'm definitely going to have to go with the Pidgey line. I'd always catch one in the games (when I could), plus, Pidgeot is freaking cool. |D

Hiyappu_Storm

Aqua Monkey Storm!
    Years
  • The Taillow line definately, because when playing any of the Hoenn games, I use it, and I spent a long time trying to get it in Soul Silver from that one tree. Pidgey comes secong because I always use it and Starly and Hoothoot don't really attract me because it takes ages for Hoothoot to learn a special move and Starly goes down easy even though it has an insane attack stat.

solarowl

I'll always be an Outsider.
    Years
  • If you haven't read my username, then this will be hard to guess but: Hoothoot to NOctowl
    Hoothoot is cute to me and I love owls. Noctowl is awesome too.
    2. Pidgeot (duh)
    3. Staraptor
    4. Swellow(sorry buddy)

Daikenki

Water Trainer
    Years
  • Starly! I love it. :3

When I was playing HG I came across someone who had a Staraptor(I think it was a gym leader in a rematch?) and I fell in love with it. Mostly its cry. xD It's got an amazing cry...-shot-

So when I got Platinum I decided I wanted a Starly so I could get Staraptor. Best thing that ever happened to me imo. Dare I say he is stronger than the Pidgey's evolutions. Well, to me. P:

Bibliophibian

Wonder Trade Addict
    Years
  • Spearow/Fearow. I used to hate them when I was younger, then I gave them a shot and they're totally awesome. My boyfriend had a shiny Spearow he was going to release, but he ended up giving it to me after he found out I liked them. :3

Just choosing from the poll, I'd say my favorite is probably Starly, followed super closely by HootHoot. Pidgey would be after that, and Taillow would be last.

Alyssachu

Trainer in training! ;D
    Years
    • Age 33
    • Ohio
    • Seen Jun 15, 2012
    I can't really say why, but I think I'ma have to go with Taillow! He was just a cutie, hah.

BHwolfgang

kamikorosu
    Years
  • When it comes to nostalgic purpsoses, Pidgeot would win hands down. It was the original Bird-type Pokemon. However, it's not what one would use in competitive battling. If only its base attack and speed stats were higher...

Noctowl isn't good either, and I hate how all of its good moves can't be learned early in the game. Staraptor is way too overrated, and it's like a bird on steriods. I still use it, however, because it's a bird on steroids. Who wouldn't use it?

My favorite Bird-type Pokemon must go to Swellow. Not only do I love its movepool, but also its shiny form. Green looks so good on Swellow! It can also learn Aerial Ace, which means that I don't have to waste the T.M. A Swellow also evolves early and learn some good moves early. What I don't like about Swellow is that its base attack and HP stats are way too low. Increase it just a little bit more and it can even par with Staraptor.

Martins

Years
    • Seen Aug 11, 2014
    Err..no Spearow/Fearow? D:

I like the Pidgey line the most. I like it because Pidgeot looks kick-ass.

Years
  • You can't beat the original birds in this case, I'm going to go with the Pidgey line. I've got lots of fond memories of a Pidgeot I had on my first Red version playthrough. That and the Pidgey evolution line generally looks cooler than the others.

Back