• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

What's your favorite Pokemon, and why?

CurtisS2013

"Nothing is worth doing, unless you give your best
Years
    • Seen Mar 18, 2017
    Just as the title implies, "What's your favorite Pokemon, and why?"
    Whether it's a Aoloa form of a previous generation Pokemon, a new Sun/Moon Pokemon, or a Pokemon not even available in Gen7...what is your favorite Pokemon and why so?

Mine is Gyrados...and because, for one, he is of dragon type and Dragon type is my favorite type due to my real life obsession with dragons.
    I believe he looks cool as yeck, and the idea of a punny Magikarp become a OP Pokemon is simply awesome and justifying. :)

Oblivion Wing

IGN: Havel 3DS Friend Code: 5215-3694-9757
    Years
  • Hey Curtis, sorry but Gyarados is not a dragon type, he's a Water/Flying type. I'm sure you're referring to the fact that that Pokemon can learn Dragon Dance, Dragon Rage, etc.

However, my favorite Pokemon of all time has to go to Umbreon, it was my first eveelution on the original Silver version.

Years
    • Seen Dec 17, 2019
    I have so many favorites but I think my top 2 are Gengar and Leafeon. I trained both of these pokemon when I came back to the pokemon scene when Platinum came out. I still have these pokes and there's a lot of sentimental value there!! They both sparked my love of my favorite typings--grass and ghost.

Khoshi

[b]とてもかわいい![/b]
    Years
  • Chandelure is adorable but also very, very strong. Reuniclus is much of the same, though I can't really use it much anymore as a player who's fond of competitive play. Hydreigon just looks really awesome and has a really cool typing, being Dark and Dragon. Last but definitely not least, there's a new favourite of mine since Alola - Nihilego. It's just...adorable, despite it being a parasitic jellyfish. I love it so much...I want to be with it.

i think i understand what happened now

PsychoDivinity

Crazy4Amour
    Years
    • Seen Jan 9, 2017
    My favorite Pokemon is strange :) It's Leavanny. Something about it just seems very cute yet elegant. I also like Nihilego and Kirlia.

SkySilvally

♡ Worry's only wasted time ♡
    Years
  • Chandelure is adorable but also very, very strong. Reuniclus is much of the same, though I can't really use it much anymore as a player who's fond of competitive play. Hydreigon just looks really awesome and has a really cool typing, being Dark and Dragon. Last but definitely not least, there's a new favourite of mine since Alola - Nihilego. It's just...adorable, despite it being a parasitic jellyfish. I love it so much...I want to be with it.

i think i understand what happened now

I have a friend who placed in the top 12 in an official regional VGC tournament with a Reuniclus on his team. No one said you can't use Reuniclus for competitive battles. ^^

Anyway, I really like a lot of Pokemon, but my top four are Zorua because it's adorable, and several years ago I randomly decided to collect them on Black XD
    Then Silvally because it's one of few Pokemon with an actual detailed back story. I think that's pretty cool.
    Then Empoleon and Venusaur because nostalgia. Venusaur was my first Pokemon ever in Leafgreen, and Empoleon was my starter in Diamond, and fourth gen is most nostalgic and best gen to me.

Sirfetch’d

My favorite Pokemon is and always will be Castform. I fell in love with it when I first used it in RSE and have never felt differently. It's both adorable and fun to use!

Years
  • My favorites are Lucario, Greninja and also Sceptile!
    They're all so strong and their design are awesome, I love them!

noa

sleeping cutie
    Years
  • Drampa because he's so cute and friendly and I love everything about his design.
    He's very interesting to use in battle too. Please for the love of god pet a Drampa in Pokerefresh, he's soooo cute

SketchWorld

Beyond the darkest depths of death lies eternal li
    Years
    • Seen Apr 9, 2018
    Ampharos, just look at that lovely bald sheep, it's adorable and its mega form can wipe out entire teams with 470 SpA

CurtisS2013

Years
    • Seen Mar 18, 2017
    Hey Curtis, sorry but Gyarados is not a dragon type, he's a Water/Flying type. I'm sure you're referring to the fact that that Pokemon can learn Dragon Dance, Dragon Rage, etc.

However, my favorite Pokemon of all time has to go to Umbreon, it was my first eveelution on the original Silver version.

Lol,very true that his typing is in fact Water/ Flying...however, he does look sooo much like a Water Dragon/Serpent. Aside from Gyrados, Drampy and Flygon are QUICKLY growing on me.

CurtisS2013

Years
    • Seen Mar 18, 2017
    ***Drampa, silly auto correct on tablets...lol.

Smash Brony

Cool Dude
    Years
  • Solgaleo!
    I think it's design is awesome & it reminds me of the white tigerzord (the white ranger is my favorite out of the original Mighty Morphin Power Rangers!) & It cry is pretty great too!

Hands

I was saying Boo-urns
    Years
    • Age 33
    • Seen today
    Good! Then listen up! My favorite Rapidash... It... cute... lovely... smart... plus... amazing... you think so?... oh yes... it... stunning... kindly... love it! Hug it... when... sleeping... warm and cuddly... spectacular... ravishing... ...Oops! Look at the time! I kept you too long! Thanks for hearing me out!

Years
  • Zorua cause it's both cute and cool and I love its ability. Plus having a shiny one doesn't hurt either :3

LadyLucina

Together We Ride
    Years
  • Oh jeez I have so many favorites. But I suppose my all time favorite has to be Gallade. When I first saw that Pokemon, the first thing I said was "I want that on my team!" He's just so cool looking and his Mega Evolution is majestic. Though I wish his shiny Mega followed Mega Gardevoir's shiny so this way they matched. -.-;

FloofyIncineroar

The fluffiest giant kitty.
    Years
  • Umbreon is my all-time favorite Pokemon due to its very cool looks. It's a Pokemon of the night, and the black/dark gray really helps make the yellow rings pop out. It's also one of my first Eeveelutions, and it makes an epic cleric wall and stall Pokemon (depending on which set I want to use) in competitive play.

Incineroar was the Pokemon that set me firmly on Team Litten when I liked Torracat but was torn between the Pokemon and Dartrix. It's one heck of a powerhouse with its high attack, and breaks from the mold of having Fire-type Starters as sweepers with low defenses and high speed. And I'm not quite sure why, but I like the idea of a Pokemon that is more willing to disobey its Trainer even if it's in only lore, especially since even Legendary Pokemon will obey you without question assuming you got the right number of badges/completed enough Trials.

Waffless

Waffless
    Years
  • Slowking is my all-time favorite Pokemon ever. It's design and role in the movie was amazing. It kinda looks like a hippo-circus clown. Funny thing is, it evolves from Slowpoke, one of the dumbest, most dopey Pokemon ever, into Slowking, a very intelligent Pokemon. Leafeon and Ampharos are close seconds though.

Years
    • Seen Mar 24, 2017
    I would have to say mine is probably Gyrados, or Rayquaza, or basically all of the beastly pokemon.{:3}^^{XD}

Back