• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Survey: What's your favorite ROM hack?

wundrweapon

Memelord
Years
    • Seen Nov 11, 2016
    Light Platinum DS: It does exactly as the dev wanted it to do, which is showing off just how powerful NDS hacks can be. It feels, to me, like the most over-the-top GBA hacks but with even more, now suddenly on NDS

Perfect Platinum: take platinum, make all the Pokemon acquirable, make some minor changes for balance, and then just perfect the game in every way possible. Good stuff, eh? Now do it with tools from years ago. Not as easy, nor as much possibility. This guy did it anyways

Years
  • Pokemon AshGray, Light Platinum and my newest fav Garys Mod. I like classics and spin offs so yeah. Haven't played Liquid Crystal but I do plan on it.

Years
  • Pokemon AshGray, Light Platinum and my newest fav Garys Mod. I like classics and spin offs so yeah. Haven't played Liquid Crystal but I do plan on it.

I agree with AshGray. AshGray is awesome and they did an incredibly good job following the storyline of the anime. And the way they handled stuff like Pikachu and Charmeleon/Charizard's stubbornness, scripting encounters, and map design was great. Very clever programming. I just wish metapod would say if he is still planning on updating it or not.

I haven't tried Light Platinum or Gary's Mod, but I can say that Liquid Crystal is a very good game as well. They did a very thorough job following Crystal's storyline. I also like the G/S/C music adapted to the GBA and the Gen III graphics (as always) look great. The only minor complaint I have is that it seems to rain a lot, making me slightly regret choosing Cyndaquill. And while it does appear to be abandoned, it is "99% complete". Good enough for me. Strongly recommend this one.

Haider Rauf

PokéFanMan
    Years
  • Hard one man xD. I'm stuck between Pokemon liquid crystal and Pokemon glazed.
    But I think I'll go with liquid crystal because Pokemon crystal was my first ever Pokemon game, when it all started.It just brings back the nostalgia
    P.S. Sorry for the bad English

Natzen

Creator of Pokémon: Sanguine
    Years
  • I'd have to choose between Liquid Crystal and Adventures Red Chapter, mostly for the nostalgia and how much I enjoyed each of them!

ScraggyKing20

electivire deserves better
    Years
    • he/him
    • Seen Sep 1, 2022
    Really liked Snakewood for the very creative story, amazing sprites and comedic humor.

Years
    • Seen Oct 4, 2016
    I love Pokemon Dark Cry athe Legend Of Giratina becuase you can choose in good side or dark side and it can count karma But sadly its did not complete yet hopefully the creator can make it this hack complete...

Years
  • Mine would be Glazed, because the sprites and maps looked overall great and I loved the different variety of Pokémon.

Imakuni ?

Who is cuter? Pikachu or me?
    Years
    • Seen Sep 13, 2016
    I'm a big fan of the classics, Naranja, Quartz, Shiny Gold, since they got me into hacking.

More recently, Prism, TPP Anniversary Crystal

Years
  • For me it depends on category but here is what I think.
    Incomplete: Pokémon Gaia
    Most fun: Pokémon Snakewood
    Objectively best made: Pokémon Vega

Then these hacks are ones I think are very nice but not quite enough to be top: Pokémon Glazed, Pokémon Rijon Adventures, Pokémon Brown, Pokémon Prism, Pokémon DarkDiamond.

Years
    • Seen Sep 1, 2017
    I always loved Drayano's work because it's nice to see Pokemon like Delibird get massive buffs and the hacks are very challenging. I hope he returns to Fire Red Omega.
    But seriously, why don't other people buff the crap Pokemon in their hacks? Ii ain't good when they play it safely and conservatively and keep them the way they are. I can understand why in a hack like Red++ but not in Gaia, it's pretty boring.

I would've loved Vega if it wasn't so ball-bustingly hard but everything else is pretty good.

Years
    • Seen Feb 24, 2022
    My favorite is probably Pokemon Glazed just because of how much content it has. I guess Blazed Glazed is "better" in a sense but gotta shout out the original

Back