• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Survey: What's your favorite ROM hack?

Acnologia Rising

Koliax Rogue
Years
  • I love alot of hacks.
    The top contenders for my favourite though, are Glazed, Vega, Snakewood, and Super Rising Thunder (although it never made it past the Alpha stage, what I did play was incredible, and I loved it. Shame it won't be going any further :( )

I LOVE the Fakemon in Vega, and they are all brilliantly designed. If I HAD to pick a number one favourite, it would be Vega.

PankajBlitz

Taiyoh!
    Years
  • Pokèmon Ruby Destiny Life of Guardian
    Pokèmon Glazed

These are my favorite but best is Pokèmon Gaia and Dark Violet.

Amazing Hacks.

apart

A bitter-sweet kiss
    Years
  • Light Platinum. Definitely.
    I have played a lot of Pokemon Hacks & this one has been my favorite one so far!
    (Anyone that hasn't played or tried it... I highly recommend that you do. :)
    Others I love would be, ummm. Dark rising, Glazed, Fuligin, Life of guardians & Victory Fire

Years
    • CO
    • Seen Mar 16, 2023
    I would say -
    Pokemon Liquid Crystal is by far my number one because of the fact that Gen2 will always be my favorite and the way the maps where made with the open world feel to them adding so many more areas an secrets.
    I do wish it did have the updated types, moves and abilities similar (if not exactly) like MrDollsteaks ROM base... but I add what I can to my own personal copy that I play >_< so its ok

For my number two I would have to pick-
    Pokemon Mirage of Tales v2.1 (discontinued)
    This hack had lots of potential...
    So much so that it seems the creator "might" bring it back.
    I loved the player choice that was in this hack, with the career system along with the morality system where just amazing and quite unique (even to this day from what I have seen) to this hack.

My third choice would be -
    Harvest Craft v2.0 (ruby hack)
    The concept of this hack alone is what made me look at it and honestly it has been pulled off quite well.
    Crafting, Player Choice (that makes the player feel like their choice actually matters and not some illusion of choice) and None Liner Play is what I like in a game.
    Also a unique story that sparks my curiosity is another important aspect.
    So hacks with these are the ones I tend to lean to at least give a try...

As for Gen 1-2 rom hacks:
    Gen 1-
    Pokemon Red & Blue DX
    Pokemon Red++
    Pokemon Yellow Debug
    Pokemon Pink (Blue hack)

Gen 2-
    Honestly have yet to really try one... Sadly enough
    (Open for suggestions though)

Years
    • Seen today
    Shiny Gold. I stumbled across it in 2007, and it was my first exposure to ROM Hacking and emulation.

Years
    • UK
    • Seen May 9, 2019
    Pokemon XG: NeXt Gen ;)
    It's really nice to see that gamecube hacks are finally here. Most people still don't even know it's possible but there's so much potential there.

Years
    • Seen Jan 20, 2017
    Well I would say Pokemon Insurgence but that's technically made with RPG Maker, so probably Pokemon Glazed. So much to do and such an amazing story and post-game makes it endlessly fun for me :]

Del

Iт'ѕ rαιɴιɴɢ oυтѕιde [...]
    Years
  • Most I love are GB or GBC style, for Gen I (and II);
    -Dark Energy
    -Brown
    -Bronze
    -prism
    As for GBA it would be Normal Version and Liquid Crystal!

Years
    • Seen Sep 18, 2023
    I enjoy playing Pokemon Vega because their good fakemon, in other hand i enjoy playing Pokemon Life of guardians because it have an amazing soundtrack includind the valkyria profile, TLoZ, Kingdom Hearts, music.

Years
  • Pokemon Glazed

Since it is the very first hack game that I played. It has long gameplay and a good story.

For second and third, Pokemon Snakewood and Pokemon CAWPS. Good time playing those games, since I like funny (and a little.. ..dark?) games ^__^

Years
  • Without question I would say Pokemon Adventure Red Chapter by Aethestode. He really came far with his hack, improves it every time. It is the most complete one. And with all the upcoming features it is going to be one of the best existing. And he is not stopping there. I wonder what his has in store for us. Many surprises, I am sure of it.

Back