• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

What's your favorite sport?

kingofjokers

This is not a custom title!!!!
    Years
    mine is basket ball well for manly two reasons im good at at and i love playing it and im tall so that explains a little why im good

Capt. Couch

Wake me... When you need me...
    Years
    Ice hockey. The game always runs fluid, consistent, and there are little slow-downs. I used to play, but then I decided to take a break from it after a few seasons. After that, the team was disbanded because the rink was scheduled to be demolished with a Kroger to be put on top of it. Now there really aren't any good places to play hockey where I live anymore. :( What makes me mad though? They canceled the demolition and yet the team never got back together.

Haza

☆A Life of Pokémon and Beyoncé ☆
    Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen Oct 1, 2021
    I enjoy skating and jogging. I like to watch football because its kinda hott.

Years
    • Seen May 28, 2016
    We're playing BASKETBALL! :D yeah definitely basketball! Used to play point and shooting guard in high school. and being 6"1 yeah seems like basketball would be the sport for me

moments.

quixotic
    Years
    Um Soccer or Table Tennis.
    I play both at my school, defense for soccer and I have good reflexes so Table Tennis is good for me!

Percy Thrillington

The Mad Hatter
    Years
    • Seen Jan 1, 2023
    Gaelic Football and Hurling are my two favourite sports. They require so much skill and hard wok to be good at them, it's unreal. And they're two of the fastest sports in the word. Have you ever watched them? Probably not, but there's no point because you can't figure out where the ball/sliotar has ended up.

Also, because the majority of you aren't Irish, go and get educated.

Eon-Rider

An "Original" PC Supporter
    Years
    My favourite sport is probably speed skating even though I don't really do it as a sport in real life since there really isn't anywhere suitable to do it. When I go to the ice rink, I just love skating laps around the rink as fast as I can.

Last edited:

Anti

return of the king
    Years
    Basketball.

I recently quit for a number of reasons, but I'll give you the same answer I give everyone else, which is "I quit because I just didn't want to play" which simplifies it.

Either way, I do love playing basketball and watching basketball (college basketball all year, especially the NCAA Tournament, and the NBA during the playoffs when they actually play defense).

It's a cool sport. I would go into why I like it but how am I supposed to know that? lol

EDIT: If the moderator warning was aimed at this post, I seriously don't know why I like basketball. I just do. I couldn't tell you why, I'm just drawn to it. >_>

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen May 9, 2024
    Alright, so, I've been noticing a lot of people posting in here without any reason as to why they chose the sports they chose as their favorites. Please know, since that contains no other pieces of information, such as why it's your favorite sport, that is looked upon as SPAM and will be treated as such. I'm posting here as a warning to those who may reply to this and those who already have replied to this. This will in the future, if this continues, earn you an infraction for SPAM.

Let's try to avoid earning that infraction and post sufficiently.

Skaterzpenguin

Vulpix!? In my backyard!? :D
    Years
    • WI
    • Seen Feb 14, 2013
    My favorite sports are in this order: snowboarding, skateboarding, hockey, baseball, and Raquet ball. :cer_nod:

Tangerine Fox

82% Non-Toxic
    Years
    It's hard to pick just one, but I am fond of track and martial arts. They're the two I'm most familiar with and I honestly like that they're more independent sports. I've made friends within the sports, but when it comes time to actually perform, I like working alone. =)

Still, there are so many nice people out there to connect with; in TKD, especially, I think I've met some really good people and we've kept in touch over the years, even after the school got a crazy new owner and most of us left. (We have a literal "old school" group and it's awesome.)

I want to try some new sports when I move; I'm not sure what yet, but I've looked at volleyball. It seems pretty fun and I think a new game would be a nice change of pace. Do many of you play it, and if so, how do you like it?

Rekhyt: Those sound like intense sports! Do you play either of them?

LethalTexture

Breeder and Battler
    Years
    Football (or soccer, if you prefer).

As to why, because it is the national game of my country and it has a huge influence on our society. I've grown up playing it, watching it and loving it. There's no way better to kill a summers afternoon with your chums than a good kickabout with jumpers for goalposts.

Admittedly, I'd never be anything of world-class quality of playing it, but during my early high school years I was renowned as the best Goalkeeper in the year. My fortunes took a turn for the worse however when I became ill for a year or more, and I was so out of practice that I have yet to rediscover my best form. Nowadays though, I'd never make it as a goalkeeper because I'm too short and I can't jump very well because of a injured knee (that I've never recovered from, ironically getting the injury while playing). I've turned more into a pacey winger with an eye for goal and a crediatble crosser.

Percy Thrillington

The Mad Hatter
    Years
    • Seen Jan 1, 2023
    Rekhyt: Those sound like intense sports! Do you play either of them?

Up until last year, I played both of them on two separate teams, but then life got in the way and schoolwork was mounting up so I decided to leave the Hurling for a while. Hurling's okay, but it's nowhere close to being as good as Gaelic.

Back