• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

2nd Gen whats your favorite starter in gold/silver

What's your favorite starter in Gold/Silver

• Totodile

Votes: 30 37.0%
  • Cindaquil

Votes: 37 45.7%
  • Chicorita

Votes: 14 17.3%

• Total voters
    Years
    Cyndaquil is just perfect. I always choose him and I put "Cina" nickname xDU

ima have to agree with you. but only as of recently. in heart gold i went with cyndaquil instead of the the leaf headed hero. the sprites for all three evolutions are really great with quilava being my fav of the series. not to mention extremely useful.

i just started nicknaming my pokemon in black. my favorite so far is semisage as medusa and tepig as cerberus.

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Apr 19, 2024
    I always pick Cyndaquil. Partly because I like to get a fire type early on and partly because it's the easiest starter to go with ;D And because I find Meganium a little bit lame and Totodile's attacks a bit lame. Cyndaquil's evolutions look a bit lame though, haha. They look just like Cyndaquil only bigger and with open eyes. But still, it's a good pokémon in-game.

Zephele

✧ leave it to me!
    Years
    • Seen Jan 11, 2013
    While I think they're all adorable, and I actually started with Cyndaquil, Totodile is pretty much my favourite starter. His stats didn't take advantage of Water-STAB until 4th Gen, but I still remember Feraligatr doing fairly well in-game with Surf and Ice Beam.

BRS

iDon't Know
    Years
    • Age 25
    • LA
    • Seen Jun 2, 2012
    Well...I'll go with totodile because you can sweep lances team with ice beam ^^. And because theres only 2 gyms that are super effective against water. Sooo totodile it is ^^

Outkin

OM*G PIKMIN 3!!!
    Years
    Cindy-Quil (I nicknamed it that once) Cute to begin with, then evolves into a bad#$# with fire coming out of it's back 24/7.

Years
    Totodile. It's not necessarily the cutest and Feraligatr looks the most B.A. out of all the evolved forms!

Years
    • Seen Jan 12, 2021
    To be honest, I never tried out something different than Totodile...
    Well, I'll start a new game with Cyndaquil this time since a lot of you seem to like him a lot!

Meganium

[i]memento mori[/i]
    Years
    I ALWAYS choose Chikorita. ALWAYS ALWAYS ALWAYS. I prefer Meganium as my evolved starter, so I gotta have it on my team. I never play as Cyndaquil or Totodile.

Years
    My favourite is Totodile; the little snappy fellow.

I just preferred how he looked and thought his final form was awesome looking! :3​

Back