• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

2nd Gen whats your favorite starter in gold/silver

What's your favorite starter in Gold/Silver

• Totodile

Votes: 30 37.0%
  • Cindaquil

Votes: 37 45.7%
  • Chicorita

Votes: 14 17.3%

• Total voters
Years
    • UK
    • Seen Jan 29, 2013
    Cyndaquil, hands down for me. Although in TCG, Meganium is a beast. But in the games, I usually start with Fire, so Cyndaquil it is.

Years
    • Age 31
    • Seen Jul 11, 2022
    If I could vote for both poll-wise, it'd be Totodile and Chikorita. Totodile was my first ever Pokemon, and it became my best friend, so of course, Totodile. Chikorita was my second starter Pokemon, and I loved using it. Fire types just don't generally appeal to me.

bobandbill

one more time
    Years
  • Those spelllings... O_o

And Totodile for me, although Cyndaquil is another favourite that I used on many a playthrough (I had a great level 100 one with the likes of Thunderpunch and Earthquake... ah, those were the days). TBH though I liked all the GSC starters.

Killjoy

"He was a laser fish."
    Years
  • Typhlosion is one of my favorite Pokémon, and the whole line is awesome, but I really like all the starters in the generation. 2nd generation is my favorite generation as far as starters go.

arbok

cobra pokemon
    Years
    • Seen Mar 10, 2013
    Totodile = my first pokemon ever!!! Therefor it's got to be Totodile. But I like all the gen 2 starters really.

Years
    • Seen Feb 10, 2012
    Chikorita was my first Pokemon. I'll never forget that moment when I started Silver. All those summer days sitting on the stairs... getting mad because I didn't know that you can't just fish anywhere to find a Remoraid... Stupid game.

Mr Cat Dog

Frasier says it best
    Years
  • I guess I'd have to say Cyndaquil. I alternated between it and Totodile when playing through Gold version, but Feraligatr is such a disappointment in comparison to Typholosion so Cyndaquil definitely gets my vote. (The less said about the Chikorita line, the better...)

Years
    • Seen May 10, 2012
    I usually don't like grass types, but Chikorita is so cute!

My second favorite is Cyndaquil, at a close second.

Souji Seta

내가 제일 잘 나가
    Years
  • I went with Chikorita. I found it to be adorable but once it evolved into Meganium, it's movepool was just a bit too terrible...

Years
  • Totodile forever! Best starter ever. I could sweep each of the GSC games with just my Feraligatr, it was (and is) so beast.

Years
  • I always remember using Bite, Slash, and Surf on Team Rocket's pokaymanz, so I guess Totodile was my favorite starter.

And it always seemed much more difficult to beat the Elite IV with any other starter. I wasn't a person who would EXP grind well in Gold. Feraligatr and Ho-Oh seemed to be the easiest team to use to defeat the Elite IV with.

Back