• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

2nd Gen What's your favorite starter?

What's your favorite starter?

• Total voters

The Cynic

♥ These Perfect Abattoirs ♥
Years
  • Cyndaquil definately! Tis my favourite. Chikorita is quite bland and totodile just isn't my style.

For Gen I & II i picked the fire type as these are harder to find in the wild. By gen III I decided I would just pick the ones I liked rather that going for a set of pokemon that would have no type disadvantages overall.

Gen I & FR/LG : Charmander
    Gen II & HG/SS: Cyndiquill
    Gen III: Treecko
    Gen IV: Turtwig

Years
  • When I was younger I would have picked Chikorita, but now it's Totodile without a doubt, although I'm not really a fan of its evolutions. My favorite one of them fully-evolved is Meganium.

Years
    • Seen Jul 2, 2023
    Totodile, as it's the starter I used in Gold (and Crystal). Cyndaquil is a close second, though. Chikorita's okay, but I don't like it as much as i like the other two.

curiousnathan

Starry-eyed
    Years
  • Well like majority, Cyndaquil.
    I'm not sure why but I just think it looks cool and cute and when it evolves Typhlosion is really strong!

Pokestick good times.

[i]cheeky[/i]
    Years
  • Most say Cyndaquil's the best choice, and I like it alot.

If it matters, I guess I could just point out my four starter favs:
    (the number means the generation)
    1. Charmander
    2. Cyndaquil
    3. Mudkip
    4. Turtwig
    Wow, that was easier than I thought. I have no idea why I wrote all of them though.

Years
  • Cyndaquill , well, but thats because in every pokemon game i start with the fire starter, offtopic- started fire in D/P/P too and that was my biggest pokemon disappointment ever :(

SunStorm55

Old-School Trainer
    Years
  • Ah....

Come on! When I saw this forum I hoped you would include color games, because squirtle is my all time favorite starter! (Blastoise actually) Although if you are only doing II Generation, then it would be Cyndaquill.

RHCP

||Sweetie Belle~
    Years
  • To tell the truth, the earliest PKMN Game I've ever played is Ruby...
    So I've never had to choose from the 2nd Gen starters! (Shocking, 'eh?)
    But I will be choosing soon... (HG/SS)

falling up+
    Years
  • I'd have to say Meganium. That thing DESTROYED in pkmn Silver for me. Can't wait to choose it again when the remakes come out.

xJordan360

plurfection.
    Years
    • Age 31
    • Seen Jan 2, 2014
    Being a loyal fire fan, I'd have to go with Cyndaquil. I've never gone wrong with fire, and I always mono with it. :D Not to mention Typhlosion is complete and utter decimation contained in a red and white ball.

Back