• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

2nd Gen Whats Your Favourite Attack?

El Gofre

I'm Back.
    Years
    • Age 92
    • Seen Mar 23, 2023
    Favorite anim? I remember hyper beam lookin cool, otherwise good old EQ

Sora_8920

Years
    • She/Her
    • Seen May 10, 2024
    For G/S/C? Well, EQ like the person above me said, and like the person above me said again, Hyper Beam.

+Sneasel™

It's a meeee, itman!
    Years
    My favorites are pain split and beat up.

I like pain split because it can really turn the battle around.

I like Beat up because its cool to have every one of your pokemon attack in one turn.

Years
    Swift could hit Pokemon that used Fly or Dig, but only in Red, Blue and Yellow. Since the second generation games, it's lost that effect, and kind of lost its appeal with me.

Man... those attacks that lasted 2-5 turns really drove me insane in Red. I've been at the receiving end of many a Wrap attack. The good news is that these moves aren't 100% accurate, so there's a chance that you'll be able to actually fight back at some point during the onslaught.

For some reason, I was never really a fan of Hyper Beam. I don't know why. It does a lot of damage, but I'd prefer a more-accurate move that does half the damage and can be used over two turns to do the same amount of damage.

My favourite damaging attacks would be Flamethrower, Flame Wheel and Earthquake. Though I have to admit, Beat Up is extremely fun to use. My sister and I used to have battles in Pokemon Stadium 2 using this move, to see who could knock the other Pokemon out faster just by using this move.

My favourite non-damaging attacks are Double Team, Attract and Rest. Well, Rest has always been my favourite move. I like combining it with Sleep Talk in the second-generation games.

STEELIXMANIAC

Hatena de Wasshoi!
    Years
    Ah yes, I also love Attract (works for cute Pokémon, IMO), and I absolutely love Magnitude. I like trying my luck alot, thank you.

Years
    I CAN PWNZZZ ANYTHING 27HKO WITH SPLASH!!!!!! IT LIKE PWNZZZ
    -Sarcasm-
    I like Calm Mind, Cosmic Power and Refresh the most, especially Refresh.

Garmmon

Eeeek
    Years
    I like Ice Beam. It's a nice move, and then when it hits pretty ice crystals come out as if they're forming a wall in front of the enemy. :3
    Or was that Blizzard? Dunno, I like both.
    And Thunderbolt. For some reason.

Sora_8920

Years
    • She/Her
    • Seen May 10, 2024
    Gofre's right. The advanced Forum would be for that. There's no Doom Desire in 2nd Gen.

Moth0998_au

It's Me :o
    Years
    yer and i like icy wind coz that can attack Pokemons that have used fly especially flying/dragons use it IT OWNS coz its ice and SUPER EFFECTIVE against Flying and Dragon! lol

dude120

Rom hacker in training
    Years
    • Seen Dec 28, 2009
    aeroblast, sacred fire, thunderbolt, and flamewheel are the best attacks.

Back