• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

What's your favourite Generation?

What's your favourite Type

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Timbjerr

[color=Indigo][i][b]T-o-X-i-C[/b][/i][/color]
    Years
    the question in the thread title and the question in the poll don't match. XD

My favorite generation is probably GenII, but GenIII is a close second.

Years
    • Seen Apr 10, 2010
    I loved the 2nd Gen because it was something new to the 151 that I'd been use to. Nothing can compare to that "OMG NEW POKMOEN@@@@@" feeling. :/ They do it every few years now, so meh.

Years
    3rd generation because it revolutionized the games battle system, graphics, Pokemon, etc. RBY was the original, GSC was the upgrade/sequel, RSE was the revolution, and DPP was an attempt at perfection. Who knows what Gen V will bring?

Honestly, I think the games do get better for the most part every generation, but I love Hoenn the most.

Last edited:
    Years
    The only thing that compares to Gen 2 is Gen 1 but it is Gen 2 by so far its not funny. Probably the most fun I ever had as a kid was with Silver I caught all 250 and owned most of my mates. The fact that Gen 2 was so good is one of the main reasons I felt so disappointed in Gen 3.

Moltres111

<- Serious business.
    Years
    3rd generation because it revolutionized the games battle system, graphics, Pokemon, etc. RBY was the original, GSC was the upgrade/sequal, RSE was the revolution, and DPP was an attempt at perfection. Who knows what Gen V will bring?

Honestly, I think the games do get better for the most part every generation, but I love Hoenn the most.

This is my opinion too. I think DPPt just went a bit overboard.

Years
    • Seen Jan 19, 2011
    Psiquico, me parece el tipo mas complejo y el mas sofisticado.
    Me agradan los Pokémon que tienen ese tipo. Mi favorito, es Hypno

Psychic, I think the most complex type and the most sophisticated.
    I enjoy having that type Pokémon. My favorite is Hypno

blueblur155

Proud American Citizen
    Years
    Gen 2 was my favorite. There was no need to go any farther, because Gen 2 was perfect. There were more pokemon, yet not so many that you were driven crazy for the first week trying to figure out all of their names and how they evolved (trapinch into vibrava? Really?)

Years
    MOLTRES111 said: "This is my opinion too. I think DPPt just went a bit overboard."

I agree with the DPPt going overboard thing. I preordered all 3 of them but when I got it, it was pretentious and wrong. I never could find what was wrong. You got it right, they went overboard.

"Shadow Lugia"

Haven't used this in a while
    Years
    I'd go with Genration II because I really like the Johto region and the Pokemon designs. I also think this genration added so many good changes:
    -Dark and Steel types
    -Day/Night and day of the week systems
    -Split of the Special stat
    -Held Items
    -Breeding
    -Shiny Pokemon
    -Roaming Pokemon
    -Traveling through a second region

There are a fair amount of other changes, but those are the most major in my opinion.

Years
    I'd go with Genration II because I really like the Johto region and the Pokemon designs. I also think this genration added so many good changes:
    -Dark and Steel types
    -Day/Night and day of the week systems
    -Split of the Special stat
    -Held Items
    -Breeding
    -Shiny Pokemon
    -Roaming Pokemon
    -Traveling through a second region

There are a fair amount of other changes, but those are the most major in my opinion.

I loved the 2nd Gen because it was something new to the 151 that I'd been use to. Nothing can compare to that "OMG NEW POKMOEN@@@@@" feeling. :/ They do it every few years now, so meh.

These two sum up what I believe. I prefer the Pokémon from G1 to those of G2, but just about everything else tilts toward G2.

G3 has game mechanics going for it but falls short in its Pokémon and its region. Pretty much all that G4 has is great graphics IMO (although I don't count the game remakes with G3/4).

GlitchCity

GlitchxCity
    Years
    Even though gold was my first game, I grew up more with the 3rd generation. Sapphire gave me hope in the 4th grade lol.

Medli

I am Error.
    Years
    • Seen Mar 28, 2010
    Even though gold was my first game, I grew up more with the 3rd generation. Sapphire gave me hope in the 4th grade lol.

That pretty much sums up my life... I guess. Hahaha. Just replace "Gold" with "Silver." I really can't decide between the two generations. I love them both, but I think that I'd have more fun replaying Sapphire and Emerald than Silver. Mainly because of the dullness that is Kanto. They take away everything and put in badly leveled trainers. Ugh.

Oh, and take FR/LG out of the third gen. In my head, they don't exist. Sapphire and Emerald are what define the third gen for me, and I love it.

"Shadow Lugia"

Haven't used this in a while
    Years
    That pretty much sums up my life... I guess. Hahaha. Just replace "Gold" with "Silver." I really can't decide between the two generations. I love them both, but I think that I'd have more fun replaying Sapphire and Emerald than Silver. Mainly because of the dullness that is Kanto. They take away everything and put in badly leveled trainers. Ugh.
    The main reason for Kanto having less content than before is that the GameBoy doesn't have a huge amount of memory;
    some things were sacrificed in order to fit a second region. If you compare the amount of content between Gen I and II, the large increase in the amount of content is astounding. This is especially true when you consider the fact that Gen I and II were on the same console.

Back