• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

What's your favourite thing about pokemon cards?

Years
    • Seen Jan 6, 2011
    Why do you find them so much fun to play with/collect?
    Do you just think the game is fun or do you like them because of the way the cards look?

When I used to collect them I liked how the pictures of the pokemon were all in different styles, and the way the backgrounds of the cards were different. I also liked how some were harder to get than others, it was fun trying to get them all :)

pmarckoue

CAN IT BE!?
    Years
  • I collect some cards. I most play with them. I haven't played in awhile, since I have school and what not, now. But I will get back to it. I like to strategize and see how close I can come to winning. I've had a few instances where my winning fate was put into a flip of a coin. Those are always the best.

Purple Materia

Shape the future!
    Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Apr 12, 2014
    I used to find the game really fun. But now I just collect the cards.

Iceshadow3317

Fictional Writer.
    Years
  • It is the old phrase that has always been in pokemon.

Got to catch them all. Atm my plan is to collect at least one of each pokemon. And at least finish Kanto and Johto pokemon before Black and White cards come out,but I do not see that happening.

I am doing so I can really say "I caught them all!"

piecemeal

On An Adventure
    Years
  • It is the old phrase that has always been in pokemon.

Got to catch them all. Atm my plan is to collect at least one of each pokemon. And at least finish Kanto and Johto pokemon before Black and White cards come out,but I do not see that happening.

I am doing so I can really say "I caught them all!"

Good Luck! It's fun as long as you don't go crazy over it :)

Koi

Years
    • Seen Oct 24, 2023
    My favorite things about Pokemon cards would be pulling the random card from the booster pack, cause I'm cool like that.

LowlyGent

Bangin' on Fools
    Years
  • Good Luck! It's fun as long as you don't go crazy over it :)

i wholeheartedly disagree. the craze that swept the globe was the happiest i've ever been in my life. now i'm 21, and life seems monotonous, that's why i've gotten back into it again- to recapture some of that pure and innocent joy that it gave me, and everyone else in the whole world. very amazing that something could unite everyone like that, and now its waaaaaay more under the radar. i'm hoping it will make a giant comeback.

as for why i like/liked the cards, it wasn't so much just the cards but trading the cards that i liked. meeting friends after school and spending hours trading and looking through everyones cards. i was one of the few that new how to play back then, though it is a very well thought out and fun card game, i'm teaching my fiancee' now.

Years
  • i wholeheartedly disagree. the craze that swept the globe was the happiest i've ever been in my life. now i'm 21, and life seems monotonous, that's why i've gotten back into it again- to recapture some of that pure and innocent joy that it gave me, and everyone else in the whole world. very amazing that something could unite everyone like that, and now its waaaaaay more under the radar. i'm hoping it will make a giant comeback.

as for why i like/liked the cards, it wasn't so much just the cards but trading the cards that i liked. meeting friends after school and spending hours trading and looking through everyones cards. i was one of the few that new how to play back then, though it is a very well thought out and fun card game, i'm teaching my fiancee' now.

I think what he meant there was that you don't get to the point where you're skipping eating for a day or two or even a few days to buy cards/play the game.

As for why I like the cards so much, it's because they're attached to a fun game and it's interesting to see all the different appearances of the cards and their art.

BlueShuckle

School Boy
    Years
  • I like to play the game.
    I used to like to collect only, but when I saw videos on Youtube about the HGSS Base set prerelease I was intrigued. My birthday was the next weekend and I convinced my parents to take me. They said yes, I went, and I loved it. I only attended prereleases last year, but this year I have gone to cities and plan on going to states.

Years
    • Seen Mar 13, 2011
    Oh man. When I was younger I collected them because of the way they looked. I liked how interesting it was compared to the game where it was always the same thing. I stopped until lately.

Now, the kids I babysit got me to play a game with them and now I want to get cards for both reasons. Not only do they look cool, but it's fun to play with them.

GlitchCity

GlitchxCity
    Years
  • I tried to play once, but never got the hang of it -.- failure..... but yeah I just collect them because of the way they look. Espically the modern ones :D

Back