• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

What's your most powerful Pokemon so far?

Bay

Years
  • Strongest one of mine is a 749 CP Vaporeon. I do plan to try to give it more candies and stardust later on. There's also a 589 Electricbuzz I just caught last night.

Years
    • Seen Nov 18, 2016
    My old pidgeot that I found as a pidgey on day 3 of playing is still my strongest 2 weeks later after a lot of stardust - it's around 760 CP or thereabouts. I have a hypno that I suspect will soon overtake it, however. It's on 740 and has about 70% of its bar filled requiring 1300 stardust to power up, whereas the pidgeot is at almost 100% and takes 1600. The hypno puts on about 30CP per power up.

Years
  • What's your best Pokemon?

Okay I'm curious as to see what everyone's strongest Pokémon on Pokémon Go is. Mine is my Vaporeon that has a cp of 1292. What does everyone else have as their top Pokémon?

Years
  • Mine is a Magmar with a combat power of 1384 or something like that. Kinda sad, but whatever. I am close to evolving my Magikarp, so Gyarados will be my strongest soon.

Years
    • Seen Nov 18, 2016
    Mine is a hypno, CP around 880 I think. He recently overtook what had been my strongest for a very long while, a pidgeot.

VisualJae

[size=1][FONT=Michroma][color=#a42525][b]Spam Hype
    Years
  • Highest CP at the moment is a CP2097 Gyarados, but combat-wise my CP2014 Vaporeon is better.

About 30% through level 26.

Hiidoran

[B]ohey[/B]
    Years
  • Highest CP is my 1524 Gyarados, though he's not really as great as I had hoped for after all those Magikarp candy.

Helps me take down some local gyms though.

sCam

Killing is a pleasure
    Years
    • ny
    • Seen Dec 18, 2016
    1669 exeggutor is my strongest and i havent played the game much since i turned level 19. I'm waiting for a good update..if that will ever happen.

Sydian

fake your death.
    Years
  • Merged this thread with the preexisting one on the same subject. Friendly reminder to always check the forum for a topic before you make it, in case it already exists.

My strongest Pokemon in Go atm is a 1300 something Vaporeon. And then behind it is like...an 1100 something Vaporeon. And then a 1000 something Flareon. You see where I'm going with this. lol If Go would load for me, I could list some more, but those are the ones off the top of my head.

Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen May 11, 2023
    My strongest Pokemon in Go atm is a 1300 something Vaporeon. And then behind it is like...an 1100 something Vaporeon. And then a 1000 something Flareon. You see where I'm going with this. lol If Go would load for me, I could list some more, but those are the ones off the top of my head.
    Nice team - do you actually like the Eevee family that much or is this just some sick joke being played on you by your local RNG? I feel like almost everyone has Vaporeon as their strongest nowadays so I'm curious how many people chose it because they actually like it or just for its strength haha.

Sydian

fake your death.
    Years
  • Nice team - do you actually like the Eevee family that much or is this just some sick joke being played on you by your local RNG? I feel like almost everyone has Vaporeon as their strongest nowadays so I'm curious how many people chose it because they actually like it or just for its strength haha.

I've deduced it this way (going off my local stuff I see, at least. I can't speak for everywhere): Eevee are really common here and only cost 25 candies to evolve. Since Eevee is common, it's easy to find a high CP one, get enough candy to evolve it, and end up with a higher CP evolution. It turning out to be Vaporeon just seems to be coincidence, though I have noticed more gyms with Vaporeon than the other two. Flareon is behind it and then Jolteon I see the least. I have three Vaporeon and Flareon myself, but only one Jolteon. So...partially the RNG really liking Vaporeon. And partially because it's just so easy to catch and evolve Eevee rather quickly.

Not that I mind, as long as I can have an army of Umbreon once gen II is added. Though I do worry it's going to get increasingly difficult to get the evolution you want the more the next generations are added, seeing as we still have five eeveelutions not in the game.

Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen May 11, 2023
    I've deduced it this way (going off my local stuff I see, at least. I can't speak for everywhere): Eevee are really common here and only cost 25 candies to evolve. Since Eevee is common, it's easy to find a high CP one, get enough candy to evolve it, and end up with a higher CP evolution. It turning out to be Vaporeon just seems to be coincidence, though I have noticed more gyms with Vaporeon than the other two. Flareon is behind it and then Jolteon I see the least. I have three Vaporeon and Flareon myself, but only one Jolteon. So...partially the RNG really liking Vaporeon. And partially because it's just so easy to catch and evolve Eevee rather quickly.

Not that I mind, as long as I can have an army of Umbreon once gen II is added. Though I do worry it's going to get increasingly difficult to get the evolution you want the more the next generations are added, seeing as we still have five eeveelutions not in the game.
    The Vaporeon spam comes from being able to choose which Eevee you evolve into - you can name it either Pyro, Rainer or Sparky to force it to evolve into one of those three based on the name haha. Vaporeon's much stronger than 95% of the Pokémon in GO so everyone's just spam-evolving Eevee into him before he gets nerfed right now. It's a shame because Vaporeon is a really cool Pokémon but feels a bit iffy to use him right now. Can definitely sympathise with the Umbreon hype though!

Sydian

fake your death.
    Years
  • That doesn't work. I've evolved at least three Eevee named Sparky and gotten Vaporeon or Flareon. Either it got patched or it stops working after you get all three. But I can confirm that it doesn't work.

Years
    • Seen Nov 5, 2016
    ive found the eevee trick works if you restart the app after renaming it, whether you believe it will work or not its still worth trying since more people are saying it works than it doesn't so either a lot of people are getting lucky every time or maybe it gives a better chance of getting the one you want

Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen May 11, 2023
    That doesn't work. I've evolved at least three Eevee named Sparky and gotten Vaporeon or Flareon. Either it got patched or it stops working after you get all three. But I can confirm that it doesn't work.
    Did you name them and then evolve them straight after? You usually need to restart the app before going through with the evolution to let it properly register.

Sydian

fake your death.
    Years
  • Did you name them and then evolve them straight after? You usually need to restart the app before going through with the evolution to let it properly register.

I named them upon catching them. And most of the time, I had the Eevees for a while before evolving them. So. Yeah. lol I'm inclined to believe it doesn't work anymore.

Back