• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

5th Gen What's your opinion of Pokémon Musicals?

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
Years
    • Seen Jul 1, 2023
    Overall, do you like the Musicals? Have you participated in them? Do you think they're a good replacement for Contests or the Pokéathlon? Or maybe you just forget they exist?

I haven't played the games - so I wouldn't know, but the concept seems okay.

The last thread on this didn't last too long :(

Last edited:

mervyn797

What? I'm right here. >D
    Years
    • Seen Nov 28, 2011
    Musicals? Wait.. what? I forgot that they existed!!
    *goes, checks it out*
    I really can't figure out why, but I don't find them very engaging. :<

solspear

PKMN Trainer Kame
    Years
  • :P Pokeathlon was cooler, i mean, everyone loves minigames :D

Altho, dressing up pokemon is kinda fun...
    and if thats Isshu's culture, i respect it.. even tho it made me lol a bit.

fenyx4

HOENN CONFIRMED!
    Years
  • I haven't actually played the games either, but I hope it is at least a nice feature. Axing both the Pokemon Contests and the Pokeathlon does not seem right, IMO (I know Feebas has an alternate method of evolving, so does this mean the Contest Condition stats have been removed from the Pokemon as well?)

I hope all 3 diversions are included in BW's third version, though... Maybe the Condition stat could be reset?

Mew~

THE HOST IS BROKEN
    Years
    • Seen Apr 13, 2016
    I liked the pokethingeethlon better in HG/SS :3

austin00081

young money
    Years
  • Considering I dont know how interactive the musicals are, I can't say anything definite. From what I have seen, the musicals certainly look... interesting. It definitely was a good way to portray the Broadway-like feel (hinting towards the region being relative to NY), if that is what Gamefreak was going for.

I feel like they could have put in more of an effort with the costumes though, for instance, the backsprites of the Pokemon don't even show that they are equipped with fashion accessories, per se.

JP

wut?
    Years
    • Age 33
    • USA
    • Seen Dec 13, 2019
    I haven't tried it yet, and I doubt that I will. I liked the idea of the Pokéathlon a lot more. Contests, I wasn't a big fan of and Musicals sorta seems to be the spiritual successor of Contests. So in the end, there's a chance I might try it once, but like the Contests... I'll probably never take part in them.

Everlark

[ w h i t e ]
    Years
  • I love musicals, but I don't think they belong in Pokemon. I haven't gotten to try them yet, of course, but as of right now, my opinion is Pokethlon > Gen III contests > Musicals > Gen IV contests

Yeah, I just really hate gen IV contests. :(

Years
    • Seen Sep 3, 2011
    To be honest, I usually don't even jump into the Contests, Musicals, etc.
    Other than just a couple of times to see what its like, it never does interest me.

The art of dressing up the Pokemon with awkward looking props that you just stick onto all of them like 3d stickers, it looks so badly finalized and unnatural that I just don't bother with it.
    Funny.

The Red Chain

Contests were always somewhat fun, but they didn't appeal to me for very long.. especially not DPPt's. I personally love the idea of Pokemon Musicals. It's the more fun contest that I always wanted! It goes to the point of keeping the complete animation, and having even the props on the Pokemon move. :D I really like the idea, but I wonder what the point is.. like can you win the Musical by putting on a better performance? I haven't gotten far enough to play a musical, only seen it demonstrated. XD;

Eagledelt

=)?
    Years
  • I haven't played them yet, however for what I've seen so far, I believe it's not something I'll do... Even Contests seemed better to me x)

Fushigidane-Chan

Years
  • I don't know who thought it'd be a good idea to take a single aspect from Contests, slap a different name on it and call it new, but they were obviously doing drugs.

Musicals are awful, dull, and unoriginal. A big step down from Contests, and an even bigger step down from the fantastic Pokeathelon.

Zelda

⍃⍍⍄ ⍃⍍⍄
    Years
    • Age 8
    • +
    • Seen Sep 15, 2020
    Since Isshu is based off of New York, it is logical for a Pokémon Musical input. Although I haven't played the feature myself, after watching a few walkthroughs with it, I can tell I'll look forward to take part in it. It won't be an everyday thing throughout the game for me, but it'll be a nice activity to do when I'm bored and I don't have the urge to be doing anything else in the game. xD

SuperiorCat

トウコ
    Years
  • Pokeathlon > RSE contests > Musicals > DPPt contests

I hope the Pokeathlon makes a return someday. ;-;
    The musicals seem bland. And it disappoints me seeing that most of it isn't controlled by the player.

Haza

☆A Life of Pokémon and Beyoncé ☆
    Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen Oct 1, 2021
    I dont understand why they wont just add all of the side quests... I still think contests were and still are the best side quest yet. Pokemon Musicals are extremely girly and boring, and dont excite me one bit.

Ricochet Orange

The one who needed a new forum
    Years
  • I'm probably going to try one today, as I just got to the town where the Music Hall is. (Or whatever the place is called) They look interesting, hopefully I'll like them more than the Pokeathlon.

Wait am I the only one that didn't like the Pokeathlon?

Back