• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

What's your type?

Years
    • Seen May 9, 2024
    You know, you're a really good friend to someone and you're just trying your hardest to find someone for them. You put all of your time, effort and energy into finding the perfect person for them, and you think you have it all solved. You found the one, you know your friend will adore them, and then you finally decide that now's the time to put your plan into action.

You go to your friend, with the peace of mind that you're the perfect matchmaker and you know your friend inside and out and then you lay it on the table. You say, "Friend, I just found you someone who is perfect for you." Then it happens. They destroy every shred of time you've set aside in this terribly tiring adventure by saying something you don't want to hear. "(S)He's not my type."

No gratitude, no thank you, not even an ounce of guilt in their voice. Crushed, you stare blankly into your friend's eyes, twitch a little, give a crazy smile, and pull out your machete that you carry around with you for convenience in times like these. Laughing strangely, and your body moving on it's own, you plunge it into the chest of your friend, who's life slowly drains from their face. You've done well.

WHAT'S YOUR TYPE? Be as detailed or vague as you like.

Years
  • That was an interesting introduction.
    I guess my type physically is tall, slim-ish, dark hair short hair that's doing something other than just sitting there and blue eyes. Personality wise I'd go for weird, geeky, an introvert and a slightly morbid yet good sense of humour.

Kurui

Kageroza's Waifu
    Years
  • My husbando is my type owo. So I guess my reply is a little pointless because I could never love anyone else even if I tried.

Physical: I could care less. I've been with all shapes/colours/sizes and everything in between. Husbando looks like the greatest man that ever happened to existence to me. XD Though I am a HUGE sucker for brown eyes. I can't say no to them, and he has the best pair ever lol

Personality: Intelligent. Good to me (they don't have to be nice to others I guess haha XD ). Introverted, to opposite my bubbly outgoing personality. Dedicated. Lots of resolve. Strange/somewhat awkward. Confident, but not over the top.

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
    Years
  • For physical traits, I don't really care as long as that person looks good. For personality, they can't be liars, cheaters or the like.

Years
    • Seen Aug 25, 2013
    I've been told by oh-so-many people that I'm not their type, lol!
    Though I've never actually met somebody who was really MY type, haha. But hopefully someday I will~

My type...
    Physical: Slightly chubby, with slicked back hair. Keeps himself clean (gets regular haircuts, shaves often, showers frequently). Smells like manly cologne and dresses neatly.

Personality: Smart and outgoing, and treats others with respect. Loving and caring, without acting soft and sensitive about it. Somewhat stoic but not overly so. But he shouldn't mind having fun once in a while, either.

psyanic

pop a wheelie on a zeitgeist
    Years
    • Age 27
    • USA
    • Seen Apr 10, 2023
    Physically speaking, I want someone a bit skinny. Not too skinny or anything, but probably a girl who's physically active in some way. Whether it's cheerleading or soccer or tennis, I don't really mind. (Though I would really prefer the latter two, since that would be fun.) I just have to find her attractive, too. Not like drop-dead gorgeous or anything, because that really is asking for too much, but a nice pretty girl. Or at least cute or something. And specifically, I don't like red-haired girls. Sorry.

Personality-wise, I guess my type would be someone I could sustain a conversation with. And I mean conversations literally about anything. Usually, that means I prefer someone who can use their head. Of course that's not always the case, but at least I want a girl who's mildly talkative. Confidence helps, too. Oh, and a bubbly person.

Shining Raichu

Expect me like you expect Jesus.
    Years
  • Physically, my type is thin guys. I don't like guys too bulky or muscly - though for height I really have no preference one way or the other. I like a guy with a nice smile, and while this doesn't really say anything about attraction, when I imagine my wedding I always imagine myself standing across from somebody with brown hair. Eye colour doesn't matter either, though I do love green eyes so that would always be a bonus lol.

For personality, I think I'd need somebody more outgoing than me. I'd need somebody that could bring me out of my shell. I also need a sense of humour - that is probably the trait that's more important to me than anything else.

Years
  • I like the brooding artist type, but I like one who can turn off the brood and laugh and relax and be playful and cuddle with me.

The only really consistent things I like physically are dark hair and dark eyes. I'm fine with a lot of body types, though I think I prefer someone taller than me. Not usually a fan of body/facial hair or lumpy muscles, but even then I don't stick to that as a rule.

Controversial?

Bored musician, bad programmer
    Years
    • UK
    • Seen Oct 11, 2020
    Cute face and nice body is all, really. Anything decent I'm game for, really.

I'm not too picky.

Years
    • Seen Jun 8, 2012
    I'm not too picky about looks, though if there's any preference, it's for short, straight hair.

I guess my "type" would be somewhat introverted, with a certain measure of strange about them. Someone who likes having deep, serious conversations about various areas of interest (common or not) but at the same time has a quirky sense of humor that borders on nonsensical (basically the same as me, here). Someone who can think for herself. Someone who can introduce me to new things while being able to appreciate what I enjoy doing, and vice versa, of course.

Side note: I pity the fool who tries to play matchmaker with me. XD

Yoshikko

the princess has awoken while the prince sleeps on
    Years
    • Seen Apr 27, 2020
    Not too thin, I like sort of chubbyxmuscley guys (not too buff etc that's not sexy), uhh burly idk bulky??? Is there even a word haha, well anyways yeah so not too thin, maybe BIG-BONED WELL WHATEVER YOU GET IT. I actually kind of like stubble as long as it's just you know, kept well etc, ugh I really don't know my words today haha. Anyways, I like dirty blond a lot, or brown. Best person for me would probably be someone calm and patient, that compliments my personality and yeah. Intelligence is important to me too, it's a TURN-OFF if you will, if someone can't keep up. Of course this is just a generalization - because it might just go anywhere when it comes down to it.

voltianqueen

WITH SEAWATER
    Years
    • Age 30
    • TN
    • Seen Feb 9, 2018
    I tend to like guys with dark hair, black or dark brown. Also like faces that are a bit long.

Personality-wise, I like people who can laugh with me and put up with my sillyhead nonsense (or join in) but also take me seriously when it's time to be serious. Similar interests are a must, because I have a hard time talking to people otherwise. I don't like people who take advantage of the fact that I'm kind of a pushover, I mean I'm just really nonconfrontational, but I don't like people to walk all over me. Also, we must have similar values. When opinions clash it can sometimes get messy, so I think it is best to be in agreement on the stuff we believe in.

Luckily, I found my person :I

Alex

what will it be next?
    Years
    • Seen Dec 30, 2022
    For how your opening post ended Nick, you are my type. <3

No but really, I guess.. a girl that respects herself. A girl that can tell right from wrong in given situations and has the balls to stand up for what she believes. A girl that can carry a half-decent conversation about more than just shoes or her friends that piss her off. Huge bonus if she can cook even remotely well, or enjoys cooking.

And then my shallow requirements of cuteness and not having platinum blonde hair. Aaaand being shorter than me.

Margot

some things are that simple
    Years
    • they/he
    • Seen Apr 16, 2022
    I like intelligence and passion in a guy; I don't care what it is. It can be history (bonus points for this one though), physics, math, music, politics, anagramming, or whatever, if a guy is really into something I think that's great. My boyfriend is a big nerd when it comes to military history and World War II and even though those aren't my favorite subjects ever, I like that he likes it so much. Idk why that is, but it's just something I really like.

I also like an outgoing nature, someone who can be a total goof but can also hold a conversation about deep topics.

I guess the antithesis to what I want is a big, full of himself, jockey type of guy who's main interest is pounding back beers every night and who doesn't give a crap about current affairs or anything interesting or seemingly academic. I'm an introverted girl who reads too much and loves to learn, so that will NEVER be my type.

Alice

(>^.(>0.0)>
    Years
  • It depends on the gender. For girls, I like them to be small, cute, and cuddly. For guys, I'd be okay with them being small, cute, and cuddly as well, but in that situation, I think I'd prefer to be the small, cute, and cuddly one. Sadly, I am neither small nor cuddly.

Yeah, I don't know what I just said either.

YungKnowledge

Kigo & Jori Shipper
    Years
  • Umm My type is ........ The person has to be funny or a least have okay since of humor. I like geeky people. I love people in glasses. :) They don't have be athletic or anything. Most def has to be a gamer. I have thing for tattoos as well.

Fire Heart

Reject Revolving Door
    Years
  • I love it when I am able to talk for hours with guys so I guess that is something. I like guys who are taller then me, I feel protected by them. A nice smile goes a long way. Guys who are weirder then I am are on top of my list. Passionate guys really do win me over, I love to see lads who can talk for ages about their interests and goals. hm, most girls love to be respected. I have an interest for guys who either love music or play guitar. Sense of humor is quite important to me, I love lads I can laugh for hours with. I go for personality, looks really don't bother me much BUT I have a huge weak spot for guys with grey eyes.

-Grayscale-

яιѕєη ƒяσм тнє ๔єα๔...
    Years
  • Physical: I don't really care as long as they aren't flat-out ugly. I'll admit that I am a bit attracted to taller, handsome guys though... aha...

Personality: I try to look for guys who are funny, nice and social. If they seem a little too quiet or shy, I can't really see myself with someone like that despite any other traits they might hold. They'd also have to be into the stuff I like, as in videogames and such. It would be really awesome if they were like, a straight A-hilarious-considerate-gamer dude though. I'd be like, crazy for that. But I don't really matter too much about how smart they are, really.

Problem is he'd need to 'click' with me for anything to happen... which kinda sucks since I really don't know how that works. I guess I just connect with different people as opposed to making myself talk to others.

HoopyFrood

Designated Robo-Hipster
    Years
  • I usually fall for girls who make me laugh, because women don't make me laugh at all or consistently besides my momma.

Looks wise I'm not too fussy, decent looking preferably short so I can extreme olympic cuddle with them.

I always fall for dem hipster girls though... They so mysterious... And hot.

Mr Cat Dog

Frasier says it best
    Years
  • A sense of humour that meshes with my own, as well as similar-but-not-necessarily-identical interest base are the two biggest things. If we have nothing to talk about, then there'd be no point in continuing the relationship. Self-confidence is also a big turn-on for me. In the looks department, I like long-ish hair and a really nice smile and... that's about it, really! I thought I had a thing for blondes for a while, but I've been proven wrong on that very recently! :D

Back