• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

When are you too old?

Sydian

fake your death.
    Years
    There shouldn't be an age limit on a fun game. So no one's too old in my book. B)

Tonko

Curious Wanderer
    Years
    I've noticed that people often experience Pokemon gaming in this way:

When are you too old?

Now, I'm 28 and haven't been in University for years. Still playing, though!

Years
    • UK
    • Seen May 22, 2024
    Your never to old to have fun. And if playing Pokemon is fun then why not? It used to be the craze when i was at primary/secondary school (about 10/5 years ago), it kinda died a bit in collage (3 years ago) but picked up again at Uni (current). Like the image in the post above says

Shining Raichu

Expect me like you expect Jesus.
    Years
    I stopped watching the TV show when Misty left, but I never stopped playing the games. The concept of "too old" is for boring people.

mew_nani

Pokécommunity's Licensed Tree Exorcist
    Years
    There is no age limit for Pokemon!

I plan to keep playing it until the day I die. Then I'll continue to play after that. :)

Timbjerr

[color=Indigo][i][b]T-o-X-i-C[/b][/i][/color]
    Years
    I'm 23 and although I'm not as active in the fandom as I used to be, I still play every new game in the series when they come out. XD

Years
    I'm 21 and I'm having a blast with the new games :) I grew up on these, and I don't have any intention on stopping.

Roughsponge

What's occurin?
    Years
    I used to feel silly buying pokemon games from shops, but now I couldn't care less for some reason :P

I've watched/played pokemon from the beginning and I don't see me stopping anytime in the near future :) The only reason I would stop playing would be if I didn't buy the newest console you play it on.

But yeah, there isn't really an age limit on playing pokemon, it's just good, plain fun ;)

Years
    Bah, age is just a number.

I've been playing video games for the majority of my life. I think I have an Intellivision buried around here somewhere. :P

I hopped on the Pokémon bandwagon in my early-20s shortly after my daughter was born. I stopped playing a few years ago, and my daughter got me hooked again. Now, I'm in my mid-30s, and I am currently enjoying Black and White.

I can almost guarantee I'll be playing video games until I die. Don't let anyone tell you you're too old. There's no such thing as an age limit on quality entertainment.

Chiar

Years
    • Seen May 5, 2014
    There was a thread like this. O_o
    But, like others said, I don't think there's ANY age limit for Pokemon. If you like it, there's nothing that can stop you besides you itself. I will propably play Pokemon until.....ugh. I don't know. Propably until my death, but I'm not sure Pokemon will even exist in those times...

Years
    I've noticed that people often experience Pokemon gaming in this way:

Spoiler:

Now, I'm 28 and haven't been in University for years. Still playing, though!

It was a bit different for me. Middle school was where all the Pokemon hating was. High school, college, and elementary school was where all the interest was. ^_^

And you're never too old for a good game of any kind.

Oryx

CoquettishCat
    Years
    • Age 31
    • Seen Jan 30, 2015
    I'm 18, a freshman in college. I went to get Black and White with my 20-year-old boyfriend, three 21-year-old friends, and a 23-year-old man that had already graduated driving. None of us thought it strange whatsoever, and we all had our DSes open and playing in the mall after we got it, and at the restaurant afterwards.

I played HG in my Engineering lecture earlier this semester. I heard a gasp and a girl ran up to me, talking about my DS and Pokemon. She had brought her DS to school, but felt too intimidated to play it in public or try to connect with other people in the school because she would look either too nerdy or too old. She said I inspired her to embrace it.

Another time I was playing and transferring Pokemon to my Pokewalker, and a guy waiting for his class started having a Pokemon discussion with me. And earlier today, I connected with a 24-year-old Calculus TA who enjoyed Pokemon, who before I had despised. Pokemon bridges gaps regardless of age.

レイジングブラスト

Back after a short break
    Years
    I agree and say it seems like in middle school everybody began to seem like that hated it(or at least pretended to like I did). In high school I started not to care and started playing it no matter how old I was getting and here I am getting ready to be 18 in 20 days and I don't plan to stop playing any time soon. I'm just an avid video game player and I don't think there's an age limit on games like Pokemon.

Neo Android

Master Eevee Trainer
    Years
    • Age 33
    • Eire
    • Seen Apr 4, 2011
    Im approaching 21 this year and still playing pokemon (never really watched the anime never appealed to me after johto). I like many others my age play pokemon still it brings back the kid in us. And all in all is a good rpg experince. A friend of mine is 25 and he is playing pokemon too.

Age is just a number like said before. As long as you enjoy it then its cool :D

Years
    • Seen Mar 3, 2015
    I'm sure many people go through this question. But, it's always the same answer to me. You're never too old. I'll be 23 once December rolls around this year and I still enjoy the games to this day. I may not be into the franchise TCG wise much or watch the anime anymore but the games are still good solid RPG games. I will still buy them and play them and not care what people say or think. :)

Shining Raichu

Expect me like you expect Jesus.
    Years
    I think if anyone tells you you're too old, it's because their own inner child is bleeding from the gunshot wound in its head. To hell with Pokemon, go outside and play cowboys and Indians if you like.

Kotowari

Will be back eventually
    Years
    Next time someone tells me I'm too old to play Pokémon, I'll kindly direct them to this thread. :'3

I'll be 21 in a few months, and I'm thoroughly enjoying Black and White. It's been ages since I enjoyed Pokémon game THAT much. I skipped P/D/Pt (and kinda HGSS, even though I didn't want to) and that kinda caused my Pokémon fandom to go to sleep... but Black and White put it back to work. XD Even though I'm not an active fan anymore (don't collect the collectible, don't watch the anime, don't collect the TCG, that's over... sadly), I still enjoy playing the games very much. And I will probably continue to do so for a while.

So, yeah, I join the "you're never too old" group. \o

Capris

Banned
    Years
    • Seen Mar 25, 2011
    Honestly up until today I had only participated in pokemon through posting on forums, and after years of not playing I decided to pick up Black after seeing all the hype here.. I'm hooked. I don't care if there's an age limit, nothing's gonna stop me from playing this. :D

Back