• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

When are you too old?

SilverCrown

Fired Up!
    Years
    • Age 35
    • UK
    • Seen Oct 6, 2022
    I've always believed that if you enjoy something, just have fun with it. Who cares what other people think, right?:)

Conman

Knowledgeable Ignorance
    Years
    There is no age limit on any game that continues to be fun after every reiteration.
    Honestly, most games don't even become serious business until you get older and start to understand the more complex features hidden under the hood.
    If plausible, I'll still be trying to play the same great franchises in my casket.

Novia

Psyduck Fangirl <3
    Years
    • Seen Apr 16, 2011
    You're never too old for Pokemon :), I've played the games since I was eight and I still enjoy them.

Kunny

Caterpie's a boss
    Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen Mar 11, 2011
    Never. I get told all the time. "Wow, you play pokemon, it's for kids"

Too bad. I want to play. Plus, I was there for the absolute (USA) Original. So I'm an exception =p

I can't just stop liking it, it's impossible.

Rai

Quarter Life Crisis! @.@
    Years
    As long as you still love it, you are never too old to enjoy anything especially pokemon <3

Venomire

Gentlemanly Action Hero
    Years
    • Seen Jun 26, 2011
    You're only too old for something when you feel too old for it. I have friends who like Spiderman, Superman, etc. and they're perfectly normal people, and I like Pokemon, but I'm already a little bit insane, so there you go.

ISA56 2.0

The one and only!
    Years
    Heh, you're never too old to be a gamer. I won't EVER stop playing video games, even in death. My skeleton will walk around and play MOAR GAMEZ!

groteske

lurker
    Years
    • NC
    • Seen Feb 20, 2012
    If it brings you pleasure, damn the masses. Unless you're into evisceration, in which case, yanno, might want to rethink that.

Years
    • Seen Apr 18, 2011
    I'm 21 and all my housemates are the same age and we all play it. Pokémon's had a resurgence in popularity among my generation in these parts, and certainly for me. I'd not played it since original Silver until I got Soul Silver last year. It being a remake of the original probably has a lot to do with it, but now I'm right back into Pokémon.

solarowl

I'll always be an Outsider.
    Years
    People say I should grow up and I'm only 15. But even when I'm like 30+ years old, I still won''t be ashamed to play, I'll always love this game(unless it turns into Digimon).

Phototoxin

Lord of Darkness
    Years
    Because playing 'bloodstorm VII the bloodening' is less mature than an RPG strategy game with kawaii aesthetics?

I'm 24, married and my wife and I both play pokemonz

Zayin

#1 Team Rocket fan
    Years
    Nobody here gets it. There obviously is a limit, let me prove it by contradiction:
    Assume it is normal to play Pokemon at 240
    There is no person alive at that age. =>
    Nobody plays Pokemon at 240.
    And I bet they have a great reason.
    Therefore, there is an age N, where N≤240, and N+ year olds are not supposed to play Pokemon.
    Therefore, all your theories about there being no limit have collapsed.
    You forgot that it was implicit we were considering an age range of [not being a kid, human life expectancy] ;P.

Lieutenant Unstable

Camelot Castaway
    Years
    I hear that alot! I'm 18 and in college and people see me playing DS or wearing my Pikachu shirt and they're like, 'wtf?' lol. But it doesn't matter. I've been a Pokefan since I was 8 and it's still one of my favourite things in the world. I still collct cards/toys/etc! :D I'll probably be a fan and still play the games until I die.

Years
    Went to college today and if I had to sum up the number of people playing Pokemon Black/White, I'd say it was a pretty large number . I was more embarassed to play Pokemon back in middle school / high school then I am now as a college student.

I think it's safe to say that I will be playing this series for as long as it lives.

Eurydice

`~♥Eury♥~'
    Years
    i dont think you are ever to old to play pokemon or most video games for that matter. i think as long as you like to play it it doesnt matter how old you are or what other people think. and if people call you childish they are just stupid...lol

Back