• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

When did you start playing pokemon?

+Golden Weavile+

Ev Trainer / Iv Breeder
Years
    • Age 31
    • Seen Jan 16, 2010
    I First Played Gold And Silver!!!!!!
    Then Fire Red
    Emerald
    And Now Daimond

Barney.

Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Jul 30, 2015
    The first one I played was my friends gold.

But the first one i owned was LeafGreen, since then i've got:
    Stadium
    Snap
    FireRed
    Sapphire
    Emerald
    Pearl
    Diamond
    Ranger
    XD
    Colleseum
    Channel

And I also collect the cards.

Last edited:

Lynnx

half listening.
    Years
    • Seen Oct 11, 2009
    My aunt got me Red when I was around six or seven. Then she sent me Gold and FireRed. After my FireRed's internal battery died I bought LeafGreen on my own. I'm hoping planning to get Platinum when it comes out in English.

Necrono

perfect day.
    Years
  • Funnily enough, my father showed me Pokemon. When we just bought our second computer in November '99, we used to buy movies on CD. I used to get a lil' excited watching movies in my room on the computer. :|
    He bought me Pokemon: The First Movie. I didn't like it at first, but after seeing my elder cousin play Pokemon on his computer via emulator(t'was among the first GB emulators, it had these large borders when playing Pokemon. I don't think it's SMYGB. Anyone know its name?) some time after, I thought of watching the whole movie, which led to me getting Pokemon Blue from him.

Well that's it. If you haven't noticed already, I talk a lot. Even about insignificant details you wouldn't care of. Actually, I don't really think anyone really cares which Pokemon game I started playing first. :\

Years
  • The first game I ever played, I was about 7 or 8 years old and it was Pokemon Red I think. The I nicked my sisters Pokemon Crystal lulz and now I'm on Pokemon FireRed.

Suzume

Fire Fist
    Years
  • My first game was Pokemon Yellow. I had been a big fan of the tv-show ever since it started, and I had been begging for my own Game Boy Color for at least six months. On my 10th birthday I finally got it with Yellow version! I was so happy back then, especially because Pikachu was my favourite pokemon. I wasn't very good in english back then, but I had bought a finnish magazine that had a whole walkthrough of Yellow so I just did what it told me. :P

No78

Part Time Trainer
    Years
  • I started playing at the complete wrong time. Basically after the Pokemon craze had dissipated and faded into tabboo was when I started to want it. My first game was Yellow which is ironic because Pikachu is my most hated Pokemon!

I got it for my birthday, must've been my 9th or 10th birthday I guess. It was around the 2nd generation I became fanatical about it though, nothing beats good ol' Silver Version!

Years
    • Seen Jan 29, 2009
    I started with pokemon blue, but i was not able to read and so i pushed tehe a-button the whole time...
    Then i get Gold, but now i have also red and yellow.

Years
  • Got Blue, but I don't know when. Feels like so long ago. Then I got Gold. Those were the only Pokemon games I ever bought. Still haven't played DPP. Looks uninviting to me. I don't know why.

Jeremy

<font color="deepskyblue">Sweetie</font>
    Years
  • When I was around ten or so and somehow managed to get Pocket Monsters Red, before it came out to US, sweeties. I didn't really started playing till I got Yellow a year or so later. I started with yellow for three reasons: I get to start off with Pikachu, it was a gift, and it was in English. XD

lordbahamut

Nyuuu~! Perfect Apple!
    Years
    • Seen Apr 8, 2009
    I started with Red Version, I choosed Bulbasaur and went to level 65 or so with him, before actually training with my other Pokémons. I was 13 years old.

Years
  • I got Red when it 1st came to the states. I'll never forget how I'd play it on my old grey brick gameboy for hours on end. ^-^ ah, memories.

s p a c e c o w b o y

Im Part Vaporeon.....
    Years
    • Seen Aug 11, 2011
    my first game was blue, second was silver, third was ruby, fourth was leaf green, then i lost it, so i bought fire red, and lost it, then i got leaf green again. then i got Pearl, then i got explorers of darkness. i also had pokemon channel. i beat all of them. :) next im going to get a wii (for pokemon ranch) and the new Pokemon ranger game that comes out in november

UberChomp

Tyrant Of The Sand
    Years
  • my first game was blue, second was silver, third was ruby, fourth was leaf green, then i lost it, so i bought fire red, and lost it, then i got leaf green again. then i got Pearl, then i got explorers of darkness. i also had pokemon channel. i beat all of them. :) next im going to get a wii (for pokemon ranch) and the new Pokemon ranger game that comes out in november

You should get a Wii and get to enjoy Pokemon Battle Revolution, its a great game with stunningly good graphics. It brings your pokemon to 3D, vibrant life.

Anyway. I started playing when I was around 5 or 6. I got Yellow Version from my uncle who was only 13 at the time and played Red version avidly. He gave me Yellow so we could trade and battle. He owned me hard when we linked up to battle, his Alakazam was amazing. Those were the days. Then he bought me Gold version, I got myself Ruby, Sapphire, Emerald, Leaf Green, Fire Red, and Diamond. I'm going to get Platinum when it hits the US. I also have a lot of other pokemon games not out for handhelds.

True Reign

  
    Years
    • Seen Jul 31, 2010
    My first was Pokemon Yellow, so probably when I was around six or seven.

agentk_b

Grass Type Trainer
    Years
    • Age 44
    • Seen Jun 15, 2010
    My story is a little long but I hope you read it. Let me start by saying I'm 28 years old now,.... I was 18 years old when pokemon first came to the US. yeah I'm an older fan...

Before Pokemon came to the states,.. I had a gaming magazine..still have it actually,.. I think it was EGM. Anyways in their news article stuff in the beggining pages was an article saying. "Pokemon is coming to the US!"

and below the title had this exact pic below..

https://i16.photobucket.com/albums/b1...up1pokemon.gif

It basically started out as... Not heard of Pokemon? Well you will soon... Pokemon, the hit craze in Japan, is headed to the US! (or something very close to that.)

It talked about the game and anime a little bit then it was the end of the story report.

Then later it became worldwide news... pokemon caused seizures in Japan....

As it grew close pokemon mania was in it's early days... the anime was close to debuting in the US.. and I decided it was gonna be dumb and decided not to watch it..... I was at my Buddy James's house a week or say later.. and he asks,..."Hey man you watching pokemon?"

I was like..no,..why would I..it looks dumb. He was like..no man it's great,..it's almost on,..watch it..

So I said ok.... the first episode I ever saw was I beleive.. Mystery at the lighthouse....

After that.I WAS HOOKED! James then told me about the episodes i missed and what happened,... We then started to talk about the games and wanting to check them out, he had a clear green gameboy pocket,..so we went to toys r us, and went to look at the games. I thought it was interesting their where two versions of the game.. James bought red Version right there and then. on the ride back from toys r us,..he let me open it up and i looked through the booklet really quick then told me to put the game in and turn it on, when we got to a stop he glaced to watch the opening..it was neat,..the music was interesting,....oh that was a good memory.

We then went on to buy the little figurines, and when the card game came out a few months later..we got into that... Had so many good memories thanks to pokemon. and I'm glad James talked me into it.

Nowadays..almost 10 years later.. I'm still a big pokefanatic,.. James..kinda lost interest sometime a few years later after gold and silver came out.... I'd say around 2001 or so he lost it,.. but had a small revival when ruby and saphire came out..but it didn't last long. So now..I'm alone in my fandom..except for the other online here...

But yellow version was my first lol

*sniffs*

Back