• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

When did you started playing video games?

Superjub

Pokémon Aureolin
Years
  • I know I started with a Nintendo Entertainment System (NES)
    And I know the SNES wasn't out ...
    So yeah, I cant remember what age I was XD

Years
    • Seen Feb 3, 2023
    Hmm.. first time into gaming was the Playstation when I was about 4 or 5. I played NHL 99 all the time XD! (Pretty much the only game I had :)).

Then when I was 5... my parents got me a GBC and Pokemon Gold and I have been in love with games ever since :).

Joey the Cockroach

Dino Crisis will never die!!!!
    Years
  • i have been playing video games since i was 2. the first one i played was Sonic the Hedgehog for the Master System, then it was Bubble Bobble for the Commodore 64. after that, it was Sonic 2 for the Master System.

Toblerone

Which chocolate is the best?
    Years
    • Seen Apr 18, 2010
    I first started playing when i was around 5-ish. I still remember playing the PS1, good times :).

Years
    • Seen Jan 11, 2017
    I first played Super Mario 64 whenever that came out, it was my brother Nintendo 64 but I played on it more than him. I think before that I played a little SNES, but I can't even remember if that was mine or not.

Years
  • Wow. I can't believe that a few people here have played the Commodore 64. If I do recall, that thing came out during the Video Game Crash of 1983.

I still have mine, but a cord I needed to connect it to a special box that hooks up to the TV is dead and I'm not sure the thing will start now in 2008. It wasn't Y2K compliant.

Apathetic_Yen

very original
    Years
  • oooo I think the first time I played a video game was when I was about fourish. My first console game was about when I was about 5 or 6. I could not get enough of video games and finally got my own system when I was 8 or 9, the SNES.

Years
    • Age 37
    • Seen yesterday
    I've also played the Commodore 64. Man, I used to spend so many hours just playing Mario Bros. or this odd game called "Ninja". XD Still have the system lying around somewhere.

Also had an Atari, which I used to play.

So yeah, I've been playing video games since I was a wee toddler. One of my earliest memories is going down to the department store to get the family's Nintendo, or perhaps the Super Nintendo. I'm not sure. I have a faulty memory. XD

mega-dark

In a alternate universe
    Years
    • Age 32
    • Huh?
    • Seen Sep 5, 2010
    If memory serves me right, it started with the NES before my dad got the sega. Sonic 3 was the first game I ever beat, or was it Gunstar Heroes on Esay.

Milnivri

Telefan ;)
    Years
    • Seen Jan 3, 2011
    Can't really remember... but I got a GBC when I was 7, with Pokemon Gold. Probably started playing video games when I was like 5.

Unforgettable

Melodies of Life
    Years
  • I don't know when I started playing... I don't remember. My brother (33 now, I'm 20) has an NES when it first came out so I played it. Mario, baseball, wrestling, the Little mermaid, all of it. He moved out, and left it so I still played it. XD I used to LOVE duckhunt. XD
    Then I got an SNES and a gameboy, and it just went from there. XD

Silver

Kyle
    Years
  • I was introduced to video games around the age of 7ish after constantly begging my mother to buy me a Gameboy Pocket, soon there after or maybe before this we bought a N64 for christmas that same year. That's pretty much when I got into video games, and the I went on with getting new gameboys every few years until the GCN launched and we got that either launch year or the year after and I think that's when I /really/ started play games and understanding them and such. =/

Gertrude Glenys Glee

There and back again
    Years
    • UK
    • Seen Mar 28, 2019
    My taste for video games started on the Pc with demos from the Pcformat UK magazine discs games like Jack Jazz Rabbit 2 and Sonic 3D in the 90s. Then I got my first console which was a Playstation one mini from Comet in 2001 with Spyro 2 :Gateway to Glimmer and Evo's Space adventures.
    Great days there were^_^.

Years
    • Seen Jul 5, 2011
    I began gaming with a Gameboy Advanced when I was five, and eventually got so into it that I bought the older stuff. I got it with the Gameboy version of MarioKart, and actually found it quite frustrating. D:

Cherrim

PSA: Blossom Shower theme is BACK ♥
    Years
  • My first console was a Gameboy Colour and I got that... in '99, I suppose. Before that, I would occasionally play N64 or previous consoles when I was at other peoples' houses, but that wasn't very often so I wouldn't count them. x_o 10 minute stints of playtime doesn't really count as playing a video game, I would say.

So I was late to the party but I'm trying to make up for that now, lol. 8(

Years
    • Age 33
    • Seen Aug 26, 2009
    Wow, seeing how early some of you guys started makes em realize I was actually a rather late starter. I didn't play a video game until I was 8 (Legend of Zelda:Ocarina of time), and got my first system at 9 (Gameboy Pocket + Pokemon Blue).

Dark Banette

♫♫♫♪♪
    Years
  • My first gaming system was a NES. The only game I was allowed to play was Super Mario Brothers. Later on when I dug it back up when I was cleaning my family's garage, I found out why that was the only game I was allowed to play. o.o
    Anywho...^^; I was about 5 when I started.

Back