• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

When did you started playing video games?

Jeremy

<font color="deepskyblue">Sweetie</font>
Years
  • As a retro and current gen gamer, I would like to ask you sweeties this question;
    when did you start playing video games? =3

I started when I was 1 or 2, and I was playing Super Mario Bros on my uncle's NES. x3 I was introduced to the NES near the end of it's lifespan, but I enjoyed all the games before I got my SNES. I still have great times with my NES...*Goes into deep nostalgic mode.*

Anyway sweeties, how about you? =3

Ivysaur

Grass dinosaur extraordinaire
    Years
  • The first time I played a videogame was in 1996, being five years old. I used to go to one of my friend's to watch him playing his SNES, and suddenly one day I decided to play it myself. It was Super Mario Bros 3, from All-stars.

I had to wait another year until I got my own first console- a GBPocket with Mario Land 2. Good old times...

Aizuke

[b]long sword style[/b]
    Years
  • I seriously can't remember when I started playing videos games.. XD;

I've been playing them all my life.

I guess I started playing video games when I was 2 or something... @_@;

Kao

Years
    • Seen Nov 16, 2016
    I got my First console when I was 4, Good old N64'

But I started playing them when I was around 2.. Not sure. I know my Grandma has had a NES for years now.

EmeraldSky

Make the Colors in the Sky!
    Years
  • Good ol' Mario and the NES...back in 198-something. Watched my dad play Mario one night, and he actually gave the controls to me and said "Okay sweetie, it's your turn." Didn't want to put the controls down for a long time.

Gummy

by fire be P U R G E D
    Years
  • I've been playing games for as long as I can remember. Being able to simulate lives I knew I would never lead just always appealed to me.

Phanima

That servant of the evil one
    Years
    • Seen Oct 11, 2011
    I think the very first game I played that I remember was Dr. Mario on the NES, followed by The Legend of Zelda and a few other games. IIRC, it might've been when I was five/six.

But my most conscious memories are of Diddy Kong Racing on the good ol' N64. I loved that game. x3

Kaiyori

Godzrilla hungry?
    Years
  • The first time I played a video game

Was when i was 2 with my dads NES playing Super Mario BROS.

Then i moved on to the Playstation ;D

Years
    • Seen Jul 16, 2013
    My first time was when I was nine and I got a GameCube. I had to persuade my parents so much before I could get one, because before that, I wasn't allowed to play video games. So, yeah, I started playing later than everyone else, but I've turned into a video-game-addicted freak faster than you could say "Mario," so... XD;

Aegis

The Savage Nymph
    Years
  • When my brother got his N64 for his 10th birthday... I was 6 then, I guess. We really only played three games on it XD Zelda: OoT, Zelda: MM, and SSB. We would play those over and over for so long, and then my brother got an X-box and... yeah, grew out of the N64 for a while ;_;

So yeah, I was 5, almost 6 (his birthday is about a month before mine).

Mechanic

Shin!~ hohohohoho!~
    Years
    • Seen Nov 24, 2014
    mmm... It was back in 93 or 04 when i was either 2 or 3 with my cousins NES (had lotsa games so you know the exciment @,@) and in 95 i got my first SNES, after that with time id had almost every system except for sega genesis and the newly developted 3rd gen (play3, 360, wii) but oh well, i can recall shooting those duckies on the NES with the gun xD it was so fun!!!~

Years
  • When did I start playing video games? Long ago. XD

I first got my taste of video games on my family's old Commodore 64 when I was just a wee lad back in 1986. My first taste of the Nintendo was a year later in 1987. And I've been playing ever since.

So, I've played just about every major game console, new and old and just about all of the popular games for every system for around 20 years.

Believe it or not, I still have all my old game systems. And they all still work fine.

Eureka1

Yay IIDX! :D
    Years
    • Age 33
    • Seen Jan 21, 2023
    When my brother got his N64 for his 10th birthday... I was 6 then, I guess. We really only played three games on it XD Zelda: OoT, Zelda: MM, and SSB. We would play those over and over for so long, and then my brother got an X-box and... yeah, grew out of the N64 for a while ;_;

So yeah, I was 5, almost 6 (his birthday is about a month before mine).

N64 was released in 1997, if you were 5/6 then you're 15/16 now. How comes your age is 22 then.

Anyway, mine was when I was in year 1 I think, which would make me about 6. Playing DOS games on a friends computer and playing 2 player Space Invaders on his Atari 2600 was epic. Later on I got my Game Boy Pocket which was my first own game device, followed about 2 years later by a PlayStation - my first home console.

Years
  • Well, I started playing back in '93 (when I was 2), with the Genesis. My neighbor had one, and let us borrow it for a while. My first game was Alex Kidd in Miracle World.

Back