• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen When did you use the Master Ball?

Years
    • Seen May 19, 2024
    I entered this thread because I thought I didn't know what a Mega-Ball was XD

But anyway, very rarely do I use a Master Ball, I find it to be too much of an easy way out. In my JAP Soul Silver I caught Mewtwo after about 10 Ultra Balls even though it took over 40 to catch Articuno. The moral of the story is, the Master Ball is just for the impatient.

Kirkland

show me my silver lining
    Years
    Ho oh. But it got some pretty neat IV's and I was too lazy to keep getting its health really low.
    I can just get more of them from my emerald game too. XD

Ballzie

Get your hand off my Pokéballs
    Years
    I entered this thread because I thought I didn't know what a Mega-Ball was XD

But anyway, very rarely do I use a Master Ball, I find it to be too much of an easy way out. In my JAP Soul Silver I caught Mewtwo after about 10 Ultra Balls even though it took over 40 to catch Articuno. The moral of the story is, the Master Ball is just for the impatient.

Yeah I got excited about Mega Balls too!

I never have that much luck with Ultra Balls, but I really like using the Dusk Balls. I'm probably going to save my Master Ball for one of the roaming pokes.

.hack

skunkape
    Years
    Used on entei =3 It took me forever to bag Raikou and I CBF to do it again D: So I decided to use my master. However I'm debating with myself wheter or not one of the Lati's would of been a better choice however I'm yet to encounter them still.

umbreon_4_life

aka Commander Mars
    Years
    • Seen Apr 11, 2012
    I'm probably going to use it for catching Mewtwo, but I might just end up keeping it and never use it.

Years
    I'll try to keep it for as long as I can without using it. If I do use it, it will most likely be on a roaming legendary, or an event Pokemon.

Guy

just a guy
    Years
    Changed the Thread Title to "When did you use the Master Ball," so it wouldn't confuse any one else with "mega-balls." XD;

I haven't used mines yet, much less gotten it from Prof. Oak either. Although, I have a strong sense that I may not use it at all in this game, but more so save it just for the sake of having it. When it comes to Pokémon like Ho-Oh, Lugia, Mewtwo, etc. I'm just going to use strategy to catch them with Ultra Balls or another suited Pokéball that increases the catch rate (i.e. catching Mewtwo in the Dusk Ball because it's in a cave). As for when it comes to Entei and Raikou, I'll choose a time to hunt them and later use strategy to catch them when I do encounter them. So, my Master Ball may pretty much be saved through the whole game - which will be a first. >_>

chezhead

Thirty characters is not enoug
    Years
    I used it on Ho Oh.
    I just COULDN'T CATCH THAT STUPID FREAKING THING GRRRRRR.
    I raged it, and was happy I did.
    Now that I have a gilgar with false swipe, I'm pretty sure I can take Lugia down.

Yusshin

♪ Yggdrasil ♪
    Years
    I haven't used mine yet, and I don't plan to, unless chasing Raikou and Entei start to tick me off.

Then I'd probably use it on Raikou.

GlitchCity

GlitchxCity
    Years
    Well the masterball I got in the game I used it on Ho-oh. The others (yes I cloned them on emerald and transferred them to HG) I used on the other legendaries and snorlax. Well except for Suicune. I caught that one using a Greatball.

Stew_The_Jew

All-Around Beast
    Years
    used mine on Ho-oh right of the bat, but now that i got my Lvl 100 gallade w/ Mean Look, Swords Dance, Hypnosis, and False swipe, i'll be fine for the rest of the legendaries

Back