• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

When do we get Marshadow?

Volga

The Dragon Knight
Years
    • Age 35
    • Seen Mar 19, 2023
    Going by this information:

Pokemon D/P: Sep. 2006/Apr. 2007
    Official Shaymin Reveal: Feb. 2008

Pokemon B/W: Sep. 2010/Apr. 2011
    Official Meloetta Reveal: Mar. 2012

Pokemon X/Y: Oct. 2013
    Official Hoopa Reveal: Feb. 2015

See the pattern of about a year and a half between? That means we should get it in about a year or so.

And this is assuming Marshadow will follow the shadow (ha, get it) of the Pokemon mentioned above.
    If it will be more like Arceus/Genesect/Volcanion, we'll get it in about two years.

Years
  • Angie's post probably explains it best. I think the Mythicals usually tend to get officially released around the time they make their movie debut, and since this year's movie is meant to be more of a nod to the anime's 20th anniversary, focusing on Ash-hat Pikachu as the main event distribution is understandable.

Maybe we'll have our first proper SM movie in 2018 where Marshadow will be the star. I just can't see it being released too late into the generation's lifespan because that was a disaster regarding Genesect and Meloetta.

Nah

Years
    • Age 31
    • she/her, they/them
    • Seen yesterday
    I suppose they do it to try and give some small reason for people to keep playing the games in the years between releases. Some of them make small contributions to the Pokemon universe lore, which is always nice.

It's funny though when they do it nowadays. "Look at this mysterious new Pokemon just discovered!" And it's like "yeah Game Freak we've all known about it since day one because datamining lol"

Desert Stream~

Holy Kipper!
    Years
    • She/Her
    • Seen Aug 20, 2023
    I just find it funny how everyone thought Marshadow was gonna be the third legendary, and it ended up being Necrozma. That said, I do hope we get it soon.

Years
  • Yeah considering the movie we're getting that effectively goes back to the very roots of Pokemon, I can't see Marshadow being released alongside it so hopefully TPC will compensate and release it sooner than the movie after that.

Back