• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen When does enough become enough?

Angle-san

Don't Worry Little One
    Years
    • Age 38
    • Seen Oct 20, 2007
    uh i don't know.... good Question Hopfully the person will repost it and that it will be related to this D/P Forums

Years
    • Seen Aug 2, 2021
    sorry! last night when i was posting this i guess PC's server went down again... this is what i had posted:

corganzero said:
    i really hope they don't add 100+ more pokemon in the 4th gen.
    they need to slow down with adding pokemon, maybe 10-20 each generation from now on.
    if they don't, within a few years, to complete the game you'll need to catch something like 500 pokemon, which is insane. taking pokemon out of future games is not an option; people would be angry no matter who you remove.

what i hope to see on diamond/pearl is incredible replay value thanks to Wi-Fi, internet updates, etc. and i hope the 5th generation is very far off - i hope they start putting more time between games.

your opinions?

Years
    • Seen Oct 6, 2006
    first opinion no if i had it may way there would be 200+ every game i dont think the games are long enough as it is for someone who has been playing since red/blue the games are deffinatley to short and i wish that more pokemon has more of it's own characteristic's that seperate it from the next pokemon and as far as the gap inbetween series i think it is a healthy time period as it is with the 3rd edition that comes out with each generation wich always is juss like a better version then the last two i dont think they need to change a thing they've found there nitch man there's is gotta be something good going on with the creator's to have so many fans for so long and growing.....i must tend to shorten my opinions up a bit but this is what i think

Years
    • Seen Aug 11, 2009
    Well, perhaps they SHOULD slow it down a bit, but not too much. After all, there are only so many ideas for Pokemon that Nintendo can come up with before they run out.

*remembers Deoxys*

...Nevermind. They have more than enough imagination. BRING ON THE NEW POKEMON!!

As for when the 5th Gen comes, it'll probably be quite a few years, considering the last gap and the fact that a new handheld (the forefront sign of a new gen coming) is a long ways off.

ShadowHero

Whirl-Islands Co-Webmaster
    Years
    Yeah, I guess a small slowdown would be good. Jhoto PKMN were my favorite, and when I got to the Hoenn ones, they were kinda bad. But anyways, I really don't mind if they add another 100. Except that means you need to catch 486 PKMN 0_o.

aragornbird

(。◕‿‿◕。)
    Years
    ~*^*~~*^*~ ~*^*~ ~*^*~ ~*^*~~*^*~

Who's gonna try to fill their entire Pokedex anyways? Not me. Catching 'em all has gotten pretty pointless, especially when you don't get anything really special for it.
    It's all about the battling for me.

~*^*~~*^*~ ~*^*~ ~*^*~ ~*^*~~*^*~

Aether

Preparing Emergency Food
    Years
    I say the more the merrier,there is'nt much of a point to filling the pokedex
    entirely, I mean you can't raise ALL of the pokemon you catch regularly. I'd like to see more new exotic pokemon, It helps people find that special pokemon they've always wished for, by giving you a broader choice of pokemon to raise and battle with.

Years
    • Age 33
    • Seen Apr 8, 2012
    I think it would have been nice if they would have stopped making new Pokemon after the second generation.

Tbone2356

Time keeps on tickin' by
    Years
    Doesnt Matter....

Eh I Wouldnt Mind It And I Would Want Millions But They Should Slow It Just A Bit....

They Should Just Make A Game With All 4 Regions Including There Pokemon And Islands Or Whatever And Make it For The DS Then When The 5th Gens Done Just Wirlessly Download It To Your Game...

So It Would Just Be Like An Expansion Pack And You Wouldve Had Already Had Many Pokemon Without Going To The Trouble Of Trading Them All OVer....

But I Dont Really Belive In Catching Many Pokemon....I Catch 10-20 And Maybe Up To 30 But I Just Get The Ones I Like And Raise Em And Use Em For Different Things....

So Again...It Doesnt Matter To Me How Many Pokemon They Have As Long As They Keep Making The Games....

♥Nova♥

Ignore the Funny Farm
    Years
    I think we've got good flow of New Pokemon. I mean I guess they could come out with a little less{Mabey 100 Max.}, but I think only 10-20 Pokemon per Generation would be total nonsense. I mean, I like to think that one of the main reasons we look foward to new Game versions are to see new Pokemon. To only see 20 New Pokemon the whole Game would be kinda rediculous. But then again I'm one of those "Pokemon Masters" that tries to accomplish every little task in each game. But still, 10-20 Pokemon? COME ON! XD

hamir

Embrace yourselves
    Years
    • Seen Dec 24, 2008
    10-20 pokemon for each Generation would be insane. one of things I enjoy mostly in new pokemon games is looking forward to new pokmon. So let there be another 150 pokemon or even another 200 new pokemon. XD

Years
    I can understand not wanting two-hundred a game, but fifteen or twenty doesn't seem like enough. Maybe fifty, but only twenty? It would be easy on the Pokedex, yes, but it wouldn't be very interesting.

Personally, I like having one-hundred fifty to two-hundred a game. It's quite interesting, and they usually have enough unique Pokemon. Besides, I've never bothered to complete a Pokedex. It's been too much work for me, even in the RBY days.
    I do wish they'd stop with pre-evos though. XD But that's my opinion. :x

Tw1tch

Amateur Dragon Breeder
    Years
    Personally, I'm not much for filling the Pokedex, I have favorites, and I gain new favorites with each generation(My first pokemon game was Silver and I'm not too fond of second-generation Pokemon for some reason). I want a bunch more Pokemon, it means more breeding combinations, maybe less need for chain breeding, plus new egg moves and easier access to other moves for breeding. Bring another 200 to DP, I'd love it!

Katakoe

Blah!
    Years
    Bah. o_O The only pokedex I ever filled was Pokemon blue. So yeah, I don't bother abour trying to fill them anymore. So I don't really care if they had another 100 pokes.

what?

an 815 survivor :P
    Years
    • Seen May 23, 2007
    slow down production ?! why would anyone want that ?!
    what's so great about completing your pokedex?

let's see... more pokemon:
    -more balance
    -more alternatives
    -less repetition

I guess some people have a compulsion to "catch'em all". I know I had that when I was playing blue.

For those battlers, more pokemon is better.

It's Just Fufu

Nostalgia is powerful.
    Years
    I really don't care if they have 500+ pokemon, cuz I don't try to complete my pokedex anymore. I got 150 in R/B/Y(all three of them I got 150, just need Mew, didn't know about Mew glitch), in G/S/C I had 249(yes I completed it in all three again, and i only need Mew and Celebi),and in FR, 385, and in R/S/E, 385, once again, in all 3(well 4 if u count FR). I'm am sick of completing the pokedex, cuz I only got an 'effin diploma when I got those pokemon. For me, it doesn't matter. Now that I'm older, I'm more into battling and getting shiny pokemon. I'd rather get pokemon with good natures, good movesets, and shiny pokemon than complete my pokedex.

Bliksem

The Author Pokemon
    Years
    There's no reason to slow down on the number of Pokemon. However, they DO need to make certain that each of the new Pokemon are viable in competitive battling. I don't want cool Pokemon like Mightyena, Castform, Aipom and Furret sitting on the wayside while the Big Four (Dragonite, Tyranitar, Salamence, Metagross) steamroll over everything else. Sure, you'll have some Pokemon that are just better than others, but those statistically inferior Pokemon should have moves that level the playing field.

Decepticon

Squirtle > You
    Years
    The main thing I look forward to is seeing 100+ new pokemon each generation so I think they should just keep adding them, but they need to stop m iaking pre-vo's and stuff. some pokemon are good with only 1 or no evolutions. if they keep going the way there going soon rattata will have a pre-vo and fearow will evolve. i think they should focus on brand new pokemon and not mess up the old ones.

Back