• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

When writing...

~Ozy~

PC's Unofficial Poetry Critic
Years
I tend to write fanfics on the computer, because I usually post them up quicker than I do with original work. Other stuff (excepting the occasional poem) I tend to handwrite. the authentic feel, all that jazz. Either way, music helps me write. When writing, I almost exclusively listen to classical, with the occasional trance piece. My current favorite is "Piano Concerto in A Minor" by Grieg. I find that it has the range of emotion that I typically need.

As for background, I need a hard surface to write. There's a table in my room that I love for this, I can have my music playing full blast, paper cluttering the table, all sorts of fun, seemingly eccentric stuff.

Bay

Years
I mostly write my stories in my room. All of the other places from my living room to school would distract me.

I write my stories mostly on computer. At first I wrote one story in notebook, but then I decided to not write in notebook since my handwriting is really bad. If I were to see my edits in handwriting, even I can't understand them. At least in computer I can edit my mistakes easier.

Usually when I write I would either turn or the radio or listen to my iPod. If I were to write when quiet, I might fall fast asleep or probably think of something else besides writing. (I am weird like that).

CHeSHiRe-CaT

A Curious Breed
Years
I like to write with some light, I suppose. I used to work in the dark, but it hurt my eyes too much ><; I usually type unless I have to absolutely write it down in a notebook because I am terribly slow at writing @_@ When I do get the chance to write on my laptop or in a notebook, I go to places where I can draw inspiration for my setting, or listen to music without words that inspire the mood. I can't listen to music with words or it distracts me @w@

w00t, first post on PC. Hopefully I'll become a regular here and not just Serebii :3

katiekitten

Is currently: Very happy
Years
Chesh! *hugs* Welcome to PC!

XD I used to read in the car at night, using the occasional lamp post speeding by to read. As you'd expect, it didn't do wonders for my eyes. XD

Orange_Flaaffy

Crystal Bell Keeper
Years
Where do you have to be when writing your fics?
I don't have to be any certain place when writing really, anywhere is fine.

What about sound in the background?
Nothing, I don't like sound when I'm writing.

Do you write on the computer or on paper?

I write my beganings on paper, the rest on the computer using voice recognition software.
I can type but I can't spell worth anything so the software is like a breath of fresh air...

EmeraldSky

Make the Colors in the Sky!
Years
I like to type out my work--it's quicker that way and easier to edit.

in terms of music, I like to have it on while I'm working, because I can visualize what is happening as the music plays (if it's an instrumental) or visualize who's singing it (if it has vocals)

As for what's usually on, it can be anything from 80's/90's pop (like I have on right now), anime and game music (particularly music from Dance Dance Revolution), some of my cartoon OSTs (usually the OST from the 80's cartoon "Jem", if I'm writing "Kochou and the Beautiflies"), to a Celtic number.

I have been inspired by music--a 50's rock song inspired a humorous scene in one of my early fics. (PM me if you wanna know the full story)

evilmetal2004

Hero trainer
Years
I just write my fanfics in bed..watching Tv, doesnt matter.With my electronic keyboard there are no worries. I usually get ideas when im sleeping and the next morning i make sure to get down small notes..it helps. Listening to music only helps if im sleeping because thats how i grow ideas..rock usually helps a lot. I try to type almost every day, but sometimes ideas just dont come..

Back