• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

When you hack, what do you do first?

Years
    • Seen Jun 29, 2010
    first i write out my storyline, then i sketch the region, and a mapping i go after that!

Hardatwork1

i just started not too long ago but...i've been doin a lil of this or that n stuff just randomly keeps comin to me, so then i write that down

siper x

I'm Russia, Fear Russia
    Years
    • Seen Mar 29, 2023
    make 3 maps, then get the scripts for them, then 3 more, etc

sprites are last, except fakemon and trainers.

ThatNub

That Nub Hacker
    Years
  • Although im only working on my first hack:
    I started out sketching the region map.
    Worked out a rough story (bullet points)
    Plan the position towns and routes
    Go back to work on the story
    Edit tiles and sprites
    Create maps
    Insert music
    Edit the intro

Thats just what I planed it probably wont go that way though

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen May 11, 2014
    i come up with the story, the maps
    then I usually script and change the maps to match the scripts, then, YAPE, then wild data and then sprites, battles and final thoughts

Alice

(>^.(>0.0)>
    Years
  • Well, my current hack is the first one I've actually made. Before this, I've just mapped for the fun of it. Still, I think mapping everything is pretty much required before you can do anything else. (Other than story, which obviously comes first for anything.)

Years
    • Seen Jul 6, 2012
    I start with the first map, then so on, i work on the maps, but then put all of the things i think should go into that map. so once im finished the last map, it would be complete :)

Xnenai

Developing Polyglot
    Years
  • Mapping:
    1. The actual map and all the sub maps related to it.
    2. Events
    3. Scripts
    Repeat

The storyline comes as I continue to map. Most changes are very minor or ones I can just patch later...

Years
    • Seen Oct 28, 2014
    So for complete noobies like me, what would you guys recommend I start with after I make a story?

Back