• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

When you were small, what did you tell people you wanted to be when you grow up?

Memory

let's waste time ✖
    Years
    Seven things.
    I'm not sure if I can remember most of them. xD
    Teacher, singer, dancer, cowgirl.... Jeff Corwin, artist, and something else.
    I told everyone that's what I wanted to be. :B
    Now I just want to be an artist or photographer.

Azzurra

Banned
    Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen May 3, 2013
    I actually told people that I wanted to be a mechanic, but I no longer want to follow that dream.

.:Kanto:.

I'm back, yet again!
    Years
    I literally wanted to be a Pokémon trainer.. I would go around telling people I'd be Gary Oak.. But my dream was shattered when I realised....I can't be one..

Years
    Honestly, I can't even remember. o.o;;

I was pretty philosophical for a four year old, though. I remember thinking how stereotypical it was of an adult to ask a child what they wanted to be when they grew up. Most of the time, I replied with a simple, "Fireman" or something unoriginal, just to get them off my back.

I remember I actually did want to be something, though... I just can't remember what it was. Whatever, it's gone. :<

Soul Eater

silver won't say he's in love~
    Years
    All I remember is that I wanted to be a Veternarian because I loved animals. It wasn't until I got older that I'd have to be ready to know how to perform surgery on them and I'm very squeamish when it comes to having to cut people or animals open. :[

Though, I don't mind seeing it on TV because it doesnt bother me. XD

KenJThomas

Pokémon RP tutorial writer.
    Years
    • Seen Nov 10, 2008
    I wanted to be one of two things when I was a small child.

A) The guy who hangs toilet paper on peoples houses, cars, and trees.
    B) The guy who rings door bells then disappears.

Apparently there's not a lot of in-come from either of these "professions".

Renyui!

ascender
    Years
    I remember me wanting to invent pokemon games. I remember running around my front yard, playing imaginative pokemon games that I had invented in my imagination. But now, I wish to follow my dream as a Musician.

Kraka-chan

From the Kraka Club
    Years
    I told my grandmother a while before she died that I was going to be a nurse and help her get better (she had arthritis).
    Now, I wish I hadn't, because I don't like the sight of blood (I mean lots, not just a small cut) and operations.

Fortunately, I've been working as a gardener looking after plants. ^_^

BeachBoy

S P A R K of madness
    Years
    I used to tell my parents I'd be a pilot and an NFL player. XD Pilot is still perfectly viable for me these days, but my former football dreams went down with my sunken chest.

Last edited:

wobbadude1

Everybody Polkamon!
    Years
    When I was 5 I always said I wanted to be a children's author, however when i turned 14 I went to a film course and my ambition developed into screenwriter and ever since I have been following this passion. To be honest it hasn't changed that much since I was 5- as it is still follows under the writing path.

Lynnx

half listening.
    Years
    • Seen Oct 11, 2009
    I remember being 5 or 6 and wanting to be a palentologist or a marine biologist, while all the other girls in my class wanted to be ballerinas and actresses. xD

Years
    • Seen Sep 17, 2017
    When I was very young, whenever anyone asked me what I wanted to be, I used to say that I'll let future decide it for me. Now, after a long time, I wanna be... ...
    ... ...I'll let future decide this one too

RYOUKI

survive the world.
    Years
    When I was young, I wanted to be a doctor. Then I watched the anime Twin Spica, and wanted to be an Astronaut, then I decided I'll be a Lawyer.

Now, I just wanna be a manga Artist, or maybe a Anime Director, but that would probably change too. As long as I earn a lot of money, I'll do it.

Rena Ryuugu

はぅ〜
    Years
    I still am small. D: Guh.

I always told people that I wanted to be in musicals and be a singer. I was a little nerd.

Spinor

<i><font color="b1373f">The Lonely Physicist</font
    Years
    • Seen Feb 13, 2019
    When I was a small fry? I wanted to be an Astronaut. But I eventually despised exercise, so I decided to take the path of Astrophysics. I prefer Brain Implosion over Muscle Exhaustion. @~@

THIRTY-SIX

Banned
    Years
    • Seen Nov 18, 2015
    I told people:
    I want to be a games tester. Although it's more likely I'll be a doctor or an accountant.​
    I'm neither of the three though. =D

Margot

some things are that simple
    Years
    • they/he
    • Seen Apr 16, 2022
    I told everyone that I was going to be the best waitress ever. Why? Because then I'd get to put my talent of balancing multiple plates to good use. I was five then XD; and I might be getting a hostess job soon though haha.

after that I wanted to be an actress for like...years. part of me still does.

but for now, I'll be heading to college as a fashion student :>~

Back