• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Where do people make those nice banners?

Nylonica

Silence...Who needs it!?
Years
  • Seen Dec 29, 2011
In people signatures there are really good banners how or where can i make one.
I dont like mine.

WonderGirl

Bye bye :(
Years
i agree, i dont like yours either xD im just joking! yeah those guys are pretty good. they use photoshop and paint and they must take hours on that, but dont these people have school? it looks like they come right out of the pokemon company

Years
No it is quite easy.

Get photoshop, find a nice stock image that you can manipulate (change) well, and start meddling around with it :D

It'll take a while for you to get used to using it, but they are quite easy to make.

Most will get done between ten minutes and an hour :3

WonderGirl

Bye bye :(
Years
you also need to know good sites to find all your images and backgrounds etc. i think its also some sort of pass time. at least for me it is, i find it fun making small stuff like that

Years
Personally, I use GIMP. It's freeware, and can do whatever Photoshop does to an extent. However, both take time to learn; but after a month of playing around, you should get the jist.

patch.

listen what I say, oh
Years
Eww, no! Most artists make their own backgrounds from scratch; from my own personal experience, the only things I ever use that aren't made by me are renders and stocks (which are images, so they have a background anyway).

But yeah, there are shops you can request from if you want a tag (another term for signature).

the bitter end.

.only slightly insane
Years
It's not difficult. I can make a decent tag in maybe... fifteen minutes?

Anyway, Photoshop is my medium, but GIMP is relatively good from what I've heard.

SkyStar

is a Sith Lord
Years
I use gimp
I attached a Example to the post because i cant post links 'til 15 posts
What I do is make 2 layers then make the top layer transparent a little
add text and your done

Years
  • Seen Apr 19, 2010
From What ive heard most ppl use gimp
Lots of people use gimp, but what you start using is what you get used to.
I started with GIMP but after a while i drifted over to photoshop last week and I think it is better

Uecil

[img]https://i.ibb.co/4jfYrCT/tHdpHUB.png[/img]
Years
i use a mixture really mostly fireworks and photoshop for my banners and i have paint aswell but hardly use it

Years
  • Seen Apr 19, 2010
i use a mixture really mostly fireworks and photoshop for my banners and i have paint aswell but hardly use it
Fireworks?

I use
Photoshop-Banners, Signatures, Avatars
Paint-Sprites
Userbar Generator-Userbars

Uecil

[img]https://i.ibb.co/4jfYrCT/tHdpHUB.png[/img]
Years
Fireworks?

I use
Photoshop-Banners, Signatures, Avatars
Paint-Sprites
Userbar Generator-Userbars

yes macromedia fireworks its simple and easy to use thats how i made the banner i have in my signature at the moment

Esmas

General
Years
I use Adobe PhotoShop. It's great, and it can do everything...to a certain extent. But before I got into that, and because some people just don't have the money for it, I used to use GIMP. It's great program, though it can get somewhat monotonous at times.

But, I mainly use PS to fancy graphics up, add shadows and glow, and make pretty text logos.
An example is in my signature. :D

Back