• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Where do you buy your pokemon cards from?

Years
  • I was wondering where everyone buys thier cards from? Shop or Online and if online, what sites? Im just trying to find the cheapest place to get them from and if you have a good cheap site im sure everyone else would like to know! I would like to know especially if its cheap shipping to UK or free delivery. I hear trollandtoad are good but they usually bang on like a $20 delivery charge (about £12 i think) which defeats the object for me. Cheers.

Years
  • I usually buy from Target (American big box retailer) because it's the closest place that sells them, and I get discounts there. Hobby shops with packs are all at least half an hour away. I tend to not buy online unless I'm hunting for out of print cards/sets, and, even then, I look on eBay where prices are significantly lower than other sties.

institutions

ain't that a kick in the head?
    Years
  • I've just started collecting again, but so far i've been using Walmart and Target to get things like promo tins, single boosters, and blister packs simply because it's easier to drive 5 minutes and buy them than it is to pay for shipping and then wait a few days to a week for them to arrive.

I did order my one and only booster box from Collectors Cache and I was happy with the cost (9$ shipping was a bit high, but the booster box was expensive anyway at 120$, so I didn't mind) and the shipping speed.

LAF

:D
    Years
  • MOstly online, because I like opening tins and boxes and retailers here don't really sell them. I've only been able to find one online aussie retailer so far, and eBay is cheaper

Years
    • Seen Dec 16, 2022
    Although I live in a relatively sleepy town, I luckily have a independent toy shop where they sell the cards.

Years
    • Seen May 9, 2011
    Collectorscache.com has some good discounts.
    I also do a regular search of EBay for good deals.
    There's also a card trader less than 10 minutes from my house, so it works out :D

I would advise against buying from Target, ToysRUs, or Walmart, only because they seem to have the highest prices.

It's not like it's a major difference, a Target booster pack costs $4, while a card trader sells at $3.75, but I like to support card traders and if you have any questions, they're great to ask whereas there's most likely not going to be anyone at Target who knows.

Years
  • Collectorscache.com has some good discounts.
    I also do a regular search of EBay for good deals.
    There's also a card trader less than 10 minutes from my house, so it works out :D

I would advise against buying from Target, ToysRUs, or Walmart, only because they seem to have the highest prices.

It's not like it's a major difference, a Target booster pack costs $4, while a card trader sells at $3.75, but I like to support card traders and if you have any questions, they're great to ask whereas there's most likely not going to be anyone at Target who knows.
    Doesn't CollectorsCache also charge shipping, though?

Some people don't have the luxury you do, though, of being near a hobby shop or a card trader. A Target is 15 miles closer than the nearest hobby shop or specialty store that sells the cards, and they sell them at the same price as those places. That's a long way to drive for just a pack of cards if you have no need to go that far anyway.

Years
  • Cheers everyone, i think my best bet is going to be ebay because after looking, shipping to the UK is taking off the decent price i was getting them for so its pointless.

Years
    • Seen May 13, 2012
    5Below...they usually have plain booster packs but I've found packages that had one booster pack and a promo card inside. I got a sparkly Oshawott that way. I've had great luck there as well. I got something called a Legend card. I don't really know what that is but it looks awesome and would really love to find the other half....

Years
  • I buy mine from Fred Meyer (a grocery store that makes a lot of money off checkstand-shelf Pokemon cards), my friend, or Target. After I buy a 3DS, I hope to start buying them off of the Internet too.

feralig8rx

PokeFanatic
    Years
  • Nowadays I buy them online from sites such as trollandtoad, dacardgames, etc. The stores near me rarely carry the sets that I want and NEVER sell boxes of booster packs. But unless I'm buying bundles of boosters from different sets, I usually go try and see if I can get individual packs from Target before going online since shipping can get mad expensive.

An added plus of shopping online, however, is that you can easily compare prices ;)

kuzronk

Banned
    Years
  • MOstly online, because I like opening tins and boxes and retailers here don't really sell them. I've only been able to find one online aussie retailer so far, and eBay is cheaper
    Kmart,Big W,EB Games,Target
    EBgames would be better for tins
    Target for boxes
    Kmart,Big W and EB games for packs and other things

LAF

:D
    Years
  • Well maybe you can find them, I'm in Brisbane and I have enough trouble finding packs in retail stores, I've never seen a box in a store and only once or twice have I seen tins. And they're usually more expensive.

Kikaito plush

Angeline plushxKikaito plush
    Years
  • only place I can find them in my town is a shop called WH Smiths. which is mostly the tins but sometimes they get in the packets.

Years
    • Seen Jul 27, 2011
    I generally buy from the local Toys R Us, but I recently found out that my local card store sells previous generation boosters for $2. :O

Years
    • Seen Jul 24, 2011
    I generally buy from the local Toys R Us, but I recently found out that my local card store sells previous generation boosters for $2. :O

and this is the part where you tell me that this store is in melbourne australia, right? lol!

Years
    • Seen Jul 18, 2011
    I usally buy from walmart. I'd rather buy at my ma&pa comic book store, but I swear walmart tips nintendo off, because all my best pulls have been from theirs.

Years
  • I usally buy from walmart. I'd rather buy at my ma&pa comic book store, but I swear walmart tips nintendo off, because all my best pulls have been from theirs.

That's probably just down to the quantity of packs you buy there as opposed to hobby shops. My best pulls have been evenly distributed between Target, Wal-Mart, and hobby shops, if the number of packs are factored in.

Back