• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen Where do you think the best place for training pokemon is?

Editman

Pokemon Collector
Years
    • Seen Mar 30, 2014
    I pretty much collect Pokemon, i never really catch them to battle with, however i do sometimes like to indulge in the fierceness of Wi-Fi combat, only to be tossed up and rolled asided by a Pokemon that has been fully EV trained. My question is where do you think, some of the best places to train pokemon are?

DarkAlucard

Seek me. Call me...
    Years
  • well it depend what train your pokemons need, if is EV the best place is where exist the pokemon who give you the ev that you're looking, if you train only to exp, i think that the E4 (and here you can win extra money too), or the battle zone =)

Edit: i'm a pokemon collector too =)

empty streets

Ace trainer ★
    Years
  • Just for Exp I challenge E4 over and over agan til my pokemon reach Lv100. And as for EV training.. Left of the Fight area for speed, Twinleaf for Attack (fishing) and the Resort area for Sp.Attack (surf). That's pretty much it. These may be not the best places for training, but I'm used to them.

curiousnathan

Starry-eyed
    Years
  • Well it depends what your pokemon need and what/how you want your pokemon to be. But like majority, I train near and on victory road and even train and gain exp by battling the Eliete Four! And you get good sums of money, which is a great added bonus!

Years
    • Seen Aug 2, 2021
    Yeah, we were just discussing this over in the quick question/answer thread. E4, but since that gets real boring real fast, Stark Mountain and the route nearby with VS Seeker is pretty good for grinding.

Left4Dead

Are you mental in the face?
    Years
  • Yeah I'm pretty much in agreement with most people, if you just want EXP. then the Elite Four is the way to go, plus you get a lot of money. Or you could go to stark mountain as well an just use VS seeker on trainers there.

Years
    • Seen Jul 24, 2010
    Elite Four. It may be a bit tedious and annoying to go through them but they give out plenty of money and massive amounts of exp. :'D

Editman

Pokemon Collector
    Years
    • Seen Mar 30, 2014
    I tried training at Stark mountain but it was confusing and boring, However i traded my team to Platinum so they could challenge the gym leaders over again.

Years
    • Seen Aug 2, 2021
    I tried training at Stark mountain but it was confusing and boring, However i traded my team to Platinum so they could challenge the gym leaders over again.

Nice, can you rechallenge leaders in HGSS? Cause if that's the case, I might as well just trade 'em over and train that way.

Years
    • Seen May 7, 2024
    Ummm.....Between Sunnyshore and Pastoria.

Attack: Rich Boy has a Luxray-3 EVs
    Defense: Outside Hotel Grand Lake, little boy with a tube has 3 Gastrodon, give 2 EVs each.
    Speed: Lady has a Lopunny, 2 EVs
    Special Defense: One sailor has a Mantine.Sadly, I've not looked into this much.
    Special Attack: Outside Veilstone, female ace trainer has lickitung,Roselia,Kirlia.Avoid Lickitung.The others give 2 EVs each.

For levels, E4.

Years
    • Seen Apr 26, 2010
    if you want to get the exp(not the EVs), i think for lv.1-40 in Elite Four(with Exp. Share equipped of course :D), 40-60 in Route near Fighting Zone, Survival Zone, etc.(i mean on that island), then for lv.60-100 just go to Elite Four again.

xPsychosocial

A girl with kaleidoscope eyes.
    Years
  • Ummm.....Between Sunnyshore and Pastoria.

Attack: Rich Boy has a Luxray-3 EVs
    Defense: Outside Hotel Grand Lake, little boy with a tube has 3 Gastrodon, give 2 EVs each.
    Speed: Lady has a Lopunny, 2 EVs
    Special Defense: One sailor has a Mantine.Sadly, I've not looked into this much.
    Special Attack: Outside Veilstone, female ace trainer has lickitung,Roselia,Kirlia.Avoid Lickitung.The others give 2 EVs each.

For levels, E4.

^^ Good place to train, the elite 4 is also good for gaining money too for vitamins.
    Why not try using exp shares or lucky eggs if you own them? They can help, you can also use an amulet coin if you want extra money.

Back