• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Where do you think the remakes will end?

antemortem

rest after tomorrow
    Years
    Since I don't foresee the main line extending to consoles or completely abandoning handhelds, I can see Sinnoh remakes as the final since Sinnoh has yet to receive any dramatic changes, though Platinum brought it rather close. I'd love to see Sinnoh in 3D, but it probably won't be for quite some time.

Alkaiser

Superhero
    Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Aug 1, 2014
    I don't think they'll never stop. I mean, if the remakes keep selling well, why stop?

I am not a fan of remakes myself, and I would prefer them to be like complete re-imaginations of the old games. A brand new story, in the same world (but full of changes) and lot's of new additions. Maybe like sequels, but with lots of changes in the region's maps.

Years
    • Seen Oct 22, 2023
    As long as new generations get introduced, I don't think remakes will ever be stopping, thankfully. I really love playing through them, personally, because with all improved features and graphics, you're getting a much, much better experience. Plus, those who are new to Pokémon could play these remakes instead of original, giving them a greater first impression. :]

Years
    • Seen May 20, 2014
    How about instead of sequels or remakes, on the next console after 3ds, they remake all current regions on one game.

Im not looking for a massive storyline or super in depth NPC backgrounds or anything, but a fully integrated pokemon world. We have seen trains, cars, boats, even an airplane (although we couldnt use the plane). Why not let them function as the train in gold/silver, ferry between regions. Most are supposed to be Japanese region anyways, hop on a plane to X/Y region, whatever.

Since games can also be downloaded now, straight to console, imagine if they just set up a whole pokemon world.

Instead of selling a new game, sell a new region for download. Same price, whatever, but instead of being standalone, have it fill in a portion of the overall world map, with the ability to move there from older regions you have downloaded, or vice versa.

Khoshi

[b]とてもかわいい![/b]
    Years
    Remakes will never stop, as long as Game Freak keep pumping out new game after new game. They'll make another 1 or 2 generations, then boom, we might get a remake. They're good with their release timing in my opinion, so they know when and when not to release a remake.

I mean, it's been over 10 years since the original Ruby and Sapphire came out, and only now we got remakes. Quite the length of time, and we got what, 3 generations since R/S came out? They take time to release remakes, and at this pace we'll get one for each game after each game.

Years
    In 15 years we will see a Kalos remake for a 4320p 240fps handheld.

To be serious for one moment, a lot of the defense for not getting Hoenn remakes were plausible, but as soon as ORAS was announced they've all been rubbished. Hence I'm more optimistic about possible future remakes.

Silri

Kimono Girl
    Years
    • Seen Nov 26, 2018
    Like what many others have said, remakes will not stop as long as they make money. And Nintendo caters to nostalgia like crazy.

At first I would have figured the Hoenn remakes would be the last ones for a while, but with the 3D graphics they're going to set a bar that none of the other remakes have reached. If R/S had been remade with the DS graphics like HG/SS, then the remakes would have been on an equal footing with each other and with all of the more recent games (minus X/Y of course). But now that Hoenn's in 3D, everyone's now going to want their favorite region in 3D as well. Why should every region also not get a facelift now?

I guess the only thing to do is wait and see.

Back